The YES vote on the ups freight contract will be strong

F

Frankie's Friend

I ran into a freight guy on Wednesday, he's a driver as well as a member of their Executive board. He stated that quite a few of the folks were switching to a "yes" vote. He went on to tell me how they had already laid people off and consolidated the routes.
Are there Labor Charges applicable for this action from the company ahead of the vote?
Looks like coercion and retaliation.

F

Frankie's Friend

Subcontracting has always been an issue, but no matter what they put in the contract about it, they always violate or ignore (LHD) it. And no matter how many grievances are turned in, the issue is never addressed.
That's garbage. Where's the leadership? Ireland?

Buckethead

That's garbage. Where's the leadership? Ireland?
Last contract they put in a new driver classification called LHD... We Road Drivers were suppose to run all road runs, and then when we couldnt cover any runs left over, LHD would take the rest. Then If LHD was unavailable, THEN they would use shiny wheels. LHD Driver Classification was a Teamster Position that made substantially less in every category... Pay Health Ect. In the five years of the contract, i never laid eyes on an LHD Driver. It was business as usual. Sneaking Contractors to do runs that our extraboard could cover. And Anything we gain in Subcontracting in this Contract will be ignored, and not enforced.

LagunaBrown

If we left it up to you, we’d still be making minimum wage.
Another dumb comment. I was on the strike line in 97 imbecile. The difference is the strike was led by the Teamsters Union and not social media Teamster “know it all’s” like yourself. You are too dumb to realize our Union leadership knew we had contractual gains and the consequences of a no vote would hurt our members. Why do you think they sent out vote yes material? If you want to go rouge that’s on you buddy but so stop crying when the elected leaders follow a constitution that actually gave you raises and job protection for 5 years. It’s just stupid.

If we left it up to you our members would be on the streets because you want to gamble their livelihood on a contract with gains. How is that “no vote” that was not sanctioned by the IBT working out for freight?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Another dumb comment. I was on the strike line in 97 imbecile. The difference is the strike was led by the Teamsters Union and not social media Teamster “know it all’s” like yourself. You are too dumb to realize our Union leadership knew we had contractual gains and the consequences of a no vote would hurt our members. Why do you think they sent out vote yes material? If you want to go rouge that’s on you buddy but so stop crying when the elected leaders follow a constitution that actually gave you raises and job protection for 5 years. It’s just stupid.

If we left it up to you our members would be on the streets because you want to gamble their livelihood on a contract with gains. How is that “no vote” that was not sanctioned by the IBT working out for freight?
Or you’re just a pusillanimous with zero balls constantly crying like a bitch?

F

Frankie's Friend

I was on the strike line in 97 imbecile.
Why would you describe yourself as an imbecile in 97?
SMH
Another dumb comment....
First, to magnify your own "dumb" comment so that you can see what you posted: no upsers would be "on the streets" except with a new contract, acceptable to the majority of voting members, and still delivering packages ... at peak.

The company said they were going back to the table after the vote was tallied.
Mr. Taylor said Nope. We're done negotiating.

So, are you just a court jester flailing around and posting blatant lies or are you that dumb that you cant even discern the truth?

Reading your old, tired, rhetorical twisted lies on here while you belittle the majority of upsers that voted is so stale.

Keep posting your fake news looney lagooney.
You show everyone how crooked you truly are.

F

Frankie's Friend

Last contract they put in a new driver classification called LHD... We Road Drivers were suppose to run all road runs, and then when we couldnt cover any runs left over, LHD would take the rest. Then If LHD was unavailable, THEN they would use shiny wheels. LHD Driver Classification was a Teamster Position that made substantially less in every category... Pay Health Ect. In the five years of the contract, i never laid eyes on an LHD Driver. It was business as usual. Sneaking Contractors to do runs that our extraboard could cover. And Anything we gain in Subcontracting in this Contract will be ignored, and not enforced.

To me, language in the CBA that we gain, especially in subcontracting, means nothing. This has been happening for at least 10 years.
You need to ask @LagunaBrown why this is happening.
He has all the answers.

F

Frankie's Friend

The company MAY take on 11,600 upsers but they wouldnt dare pull the plug on 260,000 plus the 11,600 Teamsters and especially at peak.

It's pretty easy to see how all of this was calculated once the dominoes started to tip in one direction.

Buckethead

You need to ask @LagunaBrown why this is happening.
He has all the answers.
Well, i dont think the problem of subcontractors has anything to do with the contract. I think it has to do with the enforcement when the company violates the article. They can sign the CBA with absolutely no subcontracting in it, if we go by history to this point. Im still wating for the 2 years we didnt get 40hrs for 90%ers guarantee. Its been 6 years now and recieved nothing but excuses.

Buckethead

Theres alot more that has happened over the last few contracts that we have endured. We go by the rules of grievances, but we have to keep bugging and asking, month after month.
So.its not just COL, its the lack of backing.

LagunaBrown

Or you’re just a pusillanimous with zero balls constantly crying like a bitch?
Ha ha! No you are totally in denial. I don’t cry about anything you on the other hand are always bitching about Hoffa,Taylor, 22.4’s and the contract being imposed. (Just to name a few). You need a burping and a diaper change baby brother. Lol!

Jackofnotrades

45877063_10216069175554469_5101242956514328576_n.jpg
This is what I was looking for... Thanks for posting

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Are there Labor Charges applicable for this action from the company ahead of the vote?
Looks like coercion and retaliation.
I don't think so being that the company has a right to run their business even if it means running it into the ground, however I could be wrong. The employees were not locked out, just have been laid off due to an intentional emptying of the system. Someone sent me a text stating the contract passed on the 2nd vote.