The YES vote on the ups freight contract will be strong

LagunaBrown

I don't think so being that the company has a right to run their business even if it means running it into the ground, however I could be wrong. The employees were not locked out, just have been laid off due to an intentional emptying of the system. Someone sent me a text stating the contract passed on the 2nd vote.
It did and by a lot.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't think so being that the company has a right to run their business even if it means running it into the ground, however I could be wrong. The employees were not locked out, just have been laid off due to an intentional emptying of the system. Someone sent me a text stating the contract passed on the 2nd vote.
6900ish to 2000ish?

dudebro

Workers at UPS Freight represented by the Teamsters Union have ratified a new five-year agreement that was the company’s last, best and final offer, averting a national strike. Members approved the contract by a 77 percent to 23 percent margin at local union meetings held from Nov. 7 until today. The agreement covers approximately 11,600 workers at the company. The final vote was 6,935 in favor and 2,067 opposed with 84 percent of eligible members voting.

Last edited:

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I bet this week a lot of those guys changed there votes
They sure did! The freight driver I spoke with originally was a "no" vote guy with a sign in his personal vehicle. However when I ran into him on Wednesday he told me that him and many others would be voting "yes" on the contract. On November 5th the received a message on the diad telling them to remove ALL personal items from the work vehicles. Reality started setting in.

KOG72

I’m full of it
They sure did! The freight driver I spoke with originally was a "no" vote guy with a sign in his personal vehicle. However when I ran into him on Wednesday he told me that him and many others would be voting "yes" on the contract. On November 5th the received a message on the diad telling them to remove ALL personal items from the work vehicles. Reality started setting in.
Welp Ups and the Union has screwed us both

F

Frankie's Friend

Too bad pkg didnt get the message.

Alwardt28

alright I already have my app in at parcel. this freight bull:censored2: is outta control I would love to get into feeder but I Kno that's a waiting game too.

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently not too many care about their future anymore---sad. I'm sure the big wigs at Freight and Parcel will be meeting this winter on some tropical island to celebrate their victories. Work hard people.

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
So my question is can the laid off employees jump over to parcel since there is no work at freight. Would like to Kno
So my question is can the laid off employees jump over to parcel since there is no work at freight. Would like to Kno
In this area there's a bonus for those looking to work in Feeder for peak season. Freight drivers have been encouraged to apply in the past due to it being their slow season.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Apparently not too many care about their future anymore---sad. I'm sure the big wigs at Freight and Parcel will be meeting this winter on some tropical island to celebrate their victories. Work hard people.

The Union is corrupt and the Membership is rife with apathy.

Makes for a great combo.