They dont care about your safety

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm hoping I can get back into a workout plan of some sort again here in a couple weeks. We had started P90x3 a while ago but being in package I had no energy for that at the end of the day. SO I'm going to at least give that a go again and see if I can improve this dad-bod I have.
are you thinking some kind of weight lifting program??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I recently joined the safety committee. It is a joke. Lots and lots lol good talk about safety with zero follow through.
I also called my manager out in the meeting and told him people are afraid to work safe here. Safety leads to making decisions that don't always mean a faster pace.
I then told him it would be great if he followed some of the runners in the building to show he was committed to safety.
We have a few killers who get off at 3-4 everyday.
It's not because they're doing the methods. Just saw one of them in my neighborhood. He had so many pkgs in the front of the truck it looked like shelf 1 was in the cab.
Well back to the meeting. So I told him that it would be a great gesture of safety to follow their Ace's and report back generally about it in the pcm. He looked at me dead in the face and said "we don't have any runners in this building " lol. Okay boss. Just keep repeating that till one of them climbs another telephone pole.
Let Safety first, integrity, and accountability be your guide.
They are in total denial about things....they know what's going on out there... they totally do.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not right now. P90x is mostly resistance and some cardio. I'm a big guy and I don't really need to be any bigger. Just toe it up a bit.
The only reason I said that is I'm getting into kettlebells and you can use them as a cardio type exercise or straight lifting... it's actually been fun learning some of the swings and lifts...even though I have a power rack and smith machine and Olympic size plates and such in my garage, I like the simplicity of the bells...

jaker

trolling
I do 2 miles on the elliptical and then go do weights for 40min after that I go back to the elliptical and do another 2 miles
Mon , wed and Friday I do above and work my upper body

Tues , thus and sat I do above and work my lower body

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So true , but if you really watch what you eat it won't be so bad

I now workout daily because of feeder
Or you could do like some of the guys and take a midnight stroll by the ups building on your "meal"... totally sketchy in many different buildings I've been too... no way, don't feel like getting robbed or even abducted....

Brownsfan

Or you could do like some of the guys and take a midnight stroll by the ups building on your "meal"... totally sketchy in many different buildings I've been too... no way, don't feel like getting robbed or even abducted....
No way I'm doing that. I've. Ever seen a UPS building that wasn't in the middle of a ghetto.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I like their safety preaching and followed all the methods the last 15 years of my career. Not so much at first but my body started protesting and thank god I listened.

I retired somewhat beat up but not as much as most and after 2 years of retirement feel pretty good.

Anytime a supe tries to hurry you along or complains go to the best "go to" response.

" I'm doing the best I can and am using the methods that you and the company trained me with."

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our center is in a decent neighborhood. The hub I trained at in Houston very much in the ghetto. Could count on one hand how many windows I saw in the neighborhood without bars.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I like their safety preaching and followed all the methods the last 15 years of my career. Not so much at first but my body started protesting and thank god I listened.

I retired somewhat beat up but not as much as most and after 2 years of retirement feel pretty good.

Anytime a supe tries to hurry you along or complains go to the best "go to" response.

" I'm doing the best I can and am using the methods that you and the company trained me with."

How do you get beat up in Feeders?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've always wondered if the p90x worked? It is better for losing fat or gaining muscle?

Yes it works, as well as a good meal plan. And it's great for both losing fat and gaining muscle.

You won't get bigger with weights like you think , you will turn the fat into muscle first

Yes, I understand that as I have been in and out of fitness throughout my adult life. But I am 6'2" and 250 lbs. and have a pretty big frame. Even at my leanest I was 204 lbs and 10% body fat and that was with a 35" waist and 48" chest. So yes, I don't need to get any bigger. ;)

35years

Gravy route
I recently joined the safety committee. It is a joke. Lots and lots lol good talk about safety with zero follow through.
I also called my manager out in the meeting and told him people are afraid to work safe here. Safety leads to making decisions that don't always mean a faster pace.
I then told him it would be great if he followed some of the runners in the building to show he was committed to safety.
We have a few killers who get off at 3-4 everyday.
It's not because they're doing the methods. Just saw one of them in my neighborhood. He had so many pkgs in the front of the truck it looked like shelf 1 was in the cab.
Well back to the meeting. So I told him that it would be a great gesture of safety to follow their Ace's and report back generally about it in the pcm. He looked at me dead in the face and said "we don't have any runners in this building " lol. Okay boss. Just keep repeating that till one of them climbs another telephone pole.
Let Safety first, integrity, and accountability be your guide.

Why are you legitimizing their farce safety committee by joining?

I can see your manager laughing with his management buddies about you "calling him out". "Poor guy thinks we care about anything brought up in safety meetings"...

Brownsfan

Why are you legitimizing their farce safety committee by joining?

I can see your manager laughing with his management buddies about you "calling him out". "Poor guy thinks we care about anything brought up in safety meetings"...

It was a money move. I have guys with less seniority than me getting a half an hour ot every morning. I started doing the math and signed up. I'm safe. I'm smaaaaart! Lol plus I'd rather get the ot before 5 than after.

My boss got very defensive when I handed him my 9.5 grievance though. I said "what I can't be on the safety committee and have contractual rights as well?"

He said yes but your time starts at 8:30. Duh boss!!!! He got bent out of shape cause they magically like to code your time as safety to help preload numbers. But when you file a 9.5 grievance, it takes that tool away from them.

Shady shady world we are expected to be safe in.