They dont care about your safety

Indecisi0n

I recently joined the safety committee. It is a joke. Lots and lots lol good talk about safety with zero follow through.
I also called my manager out in the meeting and told him people are afraid to work safe here. Safety leads to making decisions that don't always mean a faster pace.
I then told him it would be great if he followed some of the runners in the building to show he was committed to safety.
We have a few killers who get off at 3-4 everyday.
It's not because they're doing the methods. Just saw one of them in my neighborhood. He had so many pkgs in the front of the truck it looked like shelf 1 was in the cab.
Well back to the meeting. So I told him that it would be a great gesture of safety to follow their Ace's and report back generally about it in the pcm. He looked at me dead in the face and said "we don't have any runners in this building " lol. Okay boss. Just keep repeating that till one of them climbs another telephone pole.
Let Safety first, integrity, and accountability be your guide.
People don't join the safety committee to help others. They do it for the extra cash silly.

wayfair

swollen member
You mean when they preach egress and safe lifting methods but if they are behind they tell you to get everything loaded asap.hurry hurry hurry. Forget the methods it's about bottom line now.

Now you have a driver speeding down the road because he has a missload air saver going to a business..i guess it was missloaded when that poor preloader was getting hammered with 4 trucks and not enough hours. But your a go better so you'll get it done right? You're following the methods yet you sure in hell aren't taking smooth turns and stops..you ain't going the speed limit..and you sure in hell aren't counting 1, 2, 3 after the idiot ahead of you is making you miss the light. If you follow the methods you don't get :censored2: done. If you follow them when it benefits you then don't preach your gospel here.

Sounds like they smell blood when yelling at you..

snookbunny420

When they preach the 8 keys of lifting, the ten and the 5.. all that stuff is there to protect the company.

You think they want you to test weight and all that crap? Get the box in the truck and hurry up.

You think they want you to follow the 10 and 5 and be safe? You better make room for that pick up. And if its 10:20 am and you're doing your 19th air after leaving the building late.. well hurry the hell up because you'll get yelled at for customer service.

Remember... You get paid by the hour. Take care of your body. Work as hard as you feel safe for you. Don't blow a knee or back trying to be superman. It'll get done.
be safe untill it impedes production