They dont care about your safety

davidix

When they preach the 8 keys of lifting, the ten and the 5.. all that stuff is there to protect the company.

You think they want you to test weight and all that crap? Get the box in the truck and hurry up.

You think they want you to follow the 10 and 5 and be safe? You better make room for that pick up. And if its 10:20 am and you're doing your 19th air after leaving the building late.. well hurry the hell up because you'll get yelled at for customer service.

Remember... You get paid by the hour. Take care of your body. Work as hard as you feel safe for you. Don't blow a knee or back trying to be superman. It'll get done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When they preach the 8 keys of lifting, the ten and the 5.. all that stuff is there to protect the company.

You think they want you to test weight and all that crap? Get the box in the truck and hurry up.

You think they want you to follow the 10 and 5 and be safe? You better make room for that pick up. And if its 10:20 am and you're doing your 19th air after leaving the building late.. well hurry the hell up because you'll get yelled at for customer service.

Remember... You get paid by the hour. Take care of your body. Work as hard as you feel safe for you. Don't blow a knee or back trying to be superman. It'll get done.

The 8 keys, 10 point and 5 are all based upon common sense and, yes, I try to follow them as best I can throughout the day.

StoptheAct1212

And im a go getter.. its not hard to follow methods, its smart... it dont slow me down.. keeps me safe... good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:

jaker

trolling

How long have you been at ups

ManInBrown

And you're just figuring this out now?

iruhnman630

They preach health and wellness.

But spending 30 minutes running a misload on a holiday Friday night is more important the driver finishing 30 minutes earlier, 30 minutes which may mean the difference between getting to a valuable personal engagement on time or once again feeling the frustration of sacrificing yet one more piece of life for the good of the company.

davidix

The methods are there for a reason. If you follow them and do the job correctly you can survive a long healthy career here.
You mean when they preach egress and safe lifting methods but if they are behind they tell you to get everything loaded asap.hurry hurry hurry. Forget the methods it's about bottom line now.

Now you have a driver speeding down the road because he has a missload air saver going to a business..i guess it was missloaded when that poor preloader was getting hammered with 4 trucks and not enough hours. But your a go better so you'll get it done right? You're following the methods yet you sure in hell aren't taking smooth turns and stops..you ain't going the speed limit..and you sure in hell aren't counting 1, 2, 3 after the idiot ahead of you is making you miss the light. If you follow the methods you don't get :censored2: done. If you follow them when it benefits you then don't preach your gospel here.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You mean when they preach egress and safe lifting methods but if they are behind they tell you to get everything loaded asap.hurry hurry hurry. Forget the methods it's about bottom line now.

Now you have a driver speeding down the road because he has a missload air saver going to a business..i guess it was missloaded when that poor preloader was getting hammered with 4 trucks and not enough hours. But your a go better so you'll get it done right? You're following the methods yet you sure in hell aren't taking smooth turns and stops..you ain't going the speed limit..and you sure in hell aren't counting 1, 2, 3 after the idiot ahead of you is making you miss the light. If you follow the methods you don't get :censored2: done. If you follow them when it benefits you then don't preach your gospel here.
5b3c284bf328752cbab170f6fa7411624edd7627dcf836599a1ebdd4884ac8df.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I want Sean obrien to bring this exact point up at negotiations....the company needs to be checked on this...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

This is the "dirty little secret" of ups...