Tier 3

Trentles

Been driving for about 8 months now. And I got in a tier 3 accident. I got terminated and now I wait for a local grievance hearing how long does that take for me to get. This is my first accident I have ever got in. I pulled out and didn’t see the vehicle and got hit. I love this job. What’s the chances of me getting it back.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Been driving for about 8 months now. And I got in a tier 3 accident. I got terminated and now I wait for a local grievance hearing how long does that take for me to get. This is my first accident I have ever got in. I pulled out and didn’t see the vehicle and got hit. I love this job. What’s the chances of me getting it back.
What is your Shop Steward's position?

542thruNthru

Did telematics say you were on your DIAD board or did a witness say you were on your phone.

Im assuming they had to tow the the vehicle away. Did they also have to tow the truck?

I feel like you're leaving something out.

Ghost in the Darkness

Not saying your chances either way but its a bad time of year to have an accident. Volume is at its lightest and plenty of drivers inside or not working.
That being said we had a driver get a tier 3 a few years back after blowing a stop sign... after a week got their job back and now preaching safety every morning at the pcm. Management potential all over that.

Not saying your chances either way but its a bad time of year to have an accident. Volume is at its lightest and plenty of drivers inside or not working.
That being said we had a driver get a tier 3 a few years back after blowing a stop sign... after a week got their job back and now preaching safety every morning at the pcm. Management potential all over that.
I was just thinking exactly the same thing

Trentles

Did telematics say you were on your DIAD board or did a witness say you were on your phone.

Im assuming they had to tow the the vehicle away. Did they also have to tow the truck?

I feel like you're leaving something out.
Nope I wasn’t on my phone or diad. I just blew a stop sign and didn’t see the other vehicle and got hit.

542thruNthru

Nope I wasn’t on my phone or diad. I just blew a stop sign and didn’t see the other vehicle and got hit.

Blew through a stop sign.....

sketch-1549569008117.png

Not smart man. If you do get your job back. I highly suggest slowing down and doing the job right.

Stop worrying about making their numbers.

Last edited:

Box Ox

With only 8 months under your belt, your labor manager probably won’t agree to send you on back to work and will refer it to panel. And they’ll also take your amount of time on the job into consideration when they vote on whether to bring you back or not.