Tire chains?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Might be nice until they get destroyed the first time they get left on all day. Also would be extremely time consuming to replace/repair with every occurrence. Maybe if a timer were built in it would be worth a try. Detroit lockers have been around for a long time.

My Tacoma has what Toyota call E-LSD. It uses the ABS system to apply the brake to the wheel that is slipping (in 4WD as well as 2WD).

Not the best system, but it seems to work pretty well.

UPSGUY72

The trouble with the tow truck is you are charged with an accident.

Not in my center.

But why would you really care, they don't give you a bonus when you retire for having a perfect driving recorded do they....

Anyways with so many different package cars and wheel sizes they should have a set of chains that fit the package car in each package car all year. (except where it doesn't snow ) Not during the PCM the chains are over there go grab a set and see if they fit before you leave the building. Then good luck finding a set that fit...

UPSGUY72

Three accidents in a year will get you fired.

IF getting stuck in the snow and having to get towed is a accident in your building than I wouldn't be going down any street that I thought there might be a possibility that I would get stuck. I would be using Non delivery, other, ECD...

Oh wait getting towed isn't an accident in my center and I still don't go down street or long driveways that aren't plowed or dead end street that I have to back into driveway to turn around in when there is a snow storm.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Not in my center.

But why would you really care, they don't give you a bonus when you retire for having a perfect driving recorded do they....

Anyways with so many different package cars and wheel sizes they should have a set of chains that fit the package car in each package car all year. (except where it doesn't snow ) Not during the PCM the chains are over there go grab a set and see if they fit before you leave the building. Then good luck finding a set that fit...

Every package car in my building has a set of chains that lives in that car year around. The only time a car doesnt have chains is when the driver takes them out because he is tired of having them take up space.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Every package car in my building has a set of chains that lives in that car year around. The only time a car doesnt have chains is when the driver takes them out because he is tired of having them take up space.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why would you want more space in your truck? They would just fill it with more packages anyway.

soberups

You can get fired for ONE accident if the company can prove you were grossly negligent, and you can keep your job with 3 or even 4 if they are all ticky-tacky cracked mirrors/hit while parked/ tire mark on the grass type "unavoidable accidents" that the company loves to "charge" us with.

Sent using BrownCafe App

some1else

Banned
Might be nice until they get destroyed the first time they get left on all day. Also would be extremely time consuming to replace/repair with every occurrence. Maybe if a timer were built in it would be worth a try. Detroit lockers have been around for a long time.
Yeah like a 10 second timer no need to drive around all day with it locked. I have one on my pickup and it is great almost as big of a difference as 4wd. Would be really bad if they offered it on the front axle as well (where the weight is!)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah like a 10 second timer no need to drive around all day with it locked. I have one on my pickup and it is great almost as big of a difference as 4wd. Would be really bad if they offered it on the front axle as well (where the weight is!)

You are kidding, right?

quamba 638

Three accidents in a year will get you fired.

What if it just one really good accident?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1393127009.152876.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1393127021.658014.jpg

Thebrownstreak

I always chain up when weather permits it. My route is 95% dirt roads. I've actually chained up in the summer time on 2 occasions. In the snow belt of PA, which basically is the entire northern counties of the state you can really get 8 inches while a city only 25 miles away gets nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Thebrownstreak

I also have a tractor trailer shop on the very beginning if my route that will throw the truck up on the lift and help me put then on. They even make sure i have more than enough if bungee chords to keep then tight. I also spent $10 dollars on a tow strap. Have used that a handful of times when i have gotten stuck

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Detroit Lockers would absolutely suck on tight and winding roads, if the turn is too tight it will engage in the middle of the corner and throw your ass end all over the place, especially on ice.

Sent using BrownCafe App