To The New Guys - 2 Buckets

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My son will be the one lhao when he owns a house with no mortgage before he's 30. For now, he's in his old room banking ALL his income. Good luck to the morons laughing at him.

Probably still choking the one eyed worm
up there to

You got his x-box working for him

dudebro

It's called growing up and being an adult.

Lemme see, pays his own bills, has a job, has a plan for his life, works all day, sounds adult to me. We're just smart enough as a family not to buy into the propaganda that he should turn half a million dollars over to a financial institution over the course of his career to prove he's an "adult".

If you buy into this idea, how did you come to it, and who does it benefit?

Lemme see, pays his own bills, has a job, has a plan for his life, works all day, sounds adult to me. We're just smart enough as a family not to buy into the propaganda that he should turn half a million dollars over to a financial institution over the course of his career to prove he's an "adult".

If you buy into this idea, how did you come to it, and who does it benefit?
Nothing wrong with helping your kids get a good start in life but if you make it too easy on him, he isn't going to want to leave.

El Correcto

god is dead
I know I told you to break a leg once, but I didn’t mean it. A close relationship with mom is good. Hold the people we love close. There are benefits and disadvantages to everything we do. As far as hating what you do, the old cliche, life is to short to be doing something you don’t enjoy. I think that is crap. People often lack perspective and take for granted what they have.
Hey this job is a blessing, I just don’t wanna stick around long enough for it to be a curse. Writing is on the wall for all of us, get out if ya can.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Multi-generational households used to be the norm, not a sign of immaturity. If the jobs/pay available aren't good enough to be able to afford the cost of renting or owning, what's the point of starting down a path that leads dircectly to poverty and debt? Being an adult means weighing your options and making the best choice you can given the circumstances. It does not mean trying to live up to other people's expectations, other people don't know your life. People, especially ones who are suffering from their own poor-decision making, are quick to ridicule others who don't fit within what's considered normal. But if you want better than normal results you have to be able to make abnormal decisions.

CoffeeStainedUniform

yada, yada, yada...I live with my parents...
Lol, just kidding.

Generally speaking, the more affluent the society the less intergenerational living occurs. I've seen both healthy and unhealthy living with parents. The successfull times I've witnessed were all:
1) For a specified time period (ie: college)
2) For a specific reason (ie: help exiting an abusive relationship)
3) NOT used for additional control by the parents

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lol, just kidding.

Generally speaking, the more affluent the society the less intergenerational living occurs. I've seen both healthy and unhealthy living with parents. The successfull times I've witnessed were all:
1) For a specified time period (ie: college)
2) For a specific reason (ie: help exiting an abusive relationship)
3) NOT used for additional control by the parents

It's funny because I'm the only one of my siblings who haven't moved back in with my parents at some point. I even have a friend who's lived with them. I know other couples who lived with their parents to save up enough to buy a house with cash, rather than take on a mortgage. Over a 30 loan you end up paying as much or more in interest than you did for the house, so living with mom and dad for a few years isn't such a bad thing by comparison.

dudebro

Nothing wrong with helping your kids get a good start in life but if you make it too easy on him, he isn't going to want to leave.

I agree with that, but I take comfort in the idea that he is gainfully employed in a career type job and working a plan other than Overwatch league. If he was in his room unemployed or buying a Corvette with his savings there would be different conversations happening.

Theupsrookie

Young Guys, it’s time to move out of mom’s basement. You just landed yourself a full time driver job. Maximize your pay!

2 Buckets

Overtime Bucket: 10 hours
Bonus Bucket: 10 hours

That’s 20 hours of overtime pay, get it!

How do you get two hours of bonus pay when you work 2 hrs of ot a day ? They must have the routes in that center with a lot of time allowance.

I avg about 7 hrs of ot a week and 2 hrs bonus pay , hard to bonus when you have to get others air volume in everyday

Brohn Bron

How do you get two hours of bonus pay when you work 2 hrs of ot a day ? They must have the routes in that center with a lot of time allowance.

I avg about 7 hrs of ot a week and 2 hrs bonus pay , hard to bonus when you have to get others air volume in everyday

Alright, great question! Keep going young blood! Keep getting more and add miles!

Brohn Bron

And btw, 2hrs of bonus plus a bunch Of OT hrs is a goal. I don’t hit it all the time. Maybe a couple times a week at best. Ideal is getting paid for 13 hrs of work and only working less than 11.

Heavy Package

Young Guys, it’s time to move out of mom’s basement. You just landed yourself a full time driver job. Maximize your pay!

2 Buckets

He has 7 buckets. 7 is better than 2. I still bet he makes more than a PT employee at UPS.

maxresdefault.jpg