Todays the Day.

Crosscutters

Let’s get it done . Find some common ground and move on. I’m all for everyone getting a bigger piece of the pie. But if the union wants let’s say $7 more an hour to start and the company is offering $1.50. Take $3-4 and go with it. Not sure if that’s the only problem still but I’m personally done with the posturing by both sides.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Let’s get it done . Find some common ground and move on. I’m all for everyone getting a bigger piece of the pie. But if the union wants let’s say $7 more an hour to start and the company is offering $1.50. Take $3-4 and go with it. Not sure if that’s the only problem still but I’m personally done with the posturing by both sides.
Over the life of the contract, or off the bat?

I don’t think the union should compromise on anything below 20 for the part timers starting August 1st.

If we can’t get a solid win with record profits, we never will.

Thebrownblob

Apparently, nothing happening today for us.

mikejonesjr

They are negotiating tomorrow, not today. And let the union do what it does and just worry about it when it see something to vote on

saintrick

Like the past couple of contracts, UPS put the majority of their economic package toward the start rate. The Teamsters have had to fight to make sure some of that was allocated to current employees.

Karma...

the teamster divvied the pay between pt and ft and historically with the pt getting the low end of the seesaw. dont blame ups for the long time inequalities on this issue... I am very surprised sob is taking such a fair pt position on this....it's a sign of a great leader showing such inclusiveness....

mikejonesjr

the teamster divvied the pay between pt and ft and historically with the pt getting the low end of the seesaw. dont blame ups for the long time inequalities on this issue... I am very surprised sob is taking such a fair pt position on this....it's a sign of a great leader showing such inclusiveness....
It’s mostly just how bad the last contract was for a lot of part timers combined with recent inflation. About 10 years ago 10 year part timers were near or just under $20 an hour. That same $20 an hour 10 years ago is about $26 an hour today. Just an example. The pay is way behind obviously