Training dummy

Packmule

So again, today I'm delivering to a house with a loose dog (small one, but aggressive) waiting for me to exit the truck. Owner comes out with a baby in her arms and commands the dog to sit. It obeys--until I step down out of the truck with a heavy package in my arms. Then it ignores her and is trying to bite my legs as I'm stumbling around trying to get up her steps.
Finally? She gives up using ME as her training dummy and grabs the dog's collar , restraining it properly.
I'm wondering, if I weren't the UPS guy, but your aged father, or your visiting sister, or your boss, would you use me to train your dog? Or would you make sure its 100 percent restrained out of respect and safety?
I think I know the answer to that.​

Packmule

Was more interested in good ways to tell customer where $&@/ hits the buckwheat without management hanging me out to dry due to rudeness.

barnyard

KTM rider
When that happens, I set the box down, go to the truck and let the consignee come get it. If they cannot control their dog, they can walk down to the sidewalk and get their package.

I am not a training dummy.

FilingBluesFL

I had something like 10 boxes to someones house, they were moving or kid was coming back from college or something.

After the first hand cart load, they of course open the door, and some angry ass dog comes chasing after me. So I put the hand cart back in the truck, stacked the rest of their crap in the road at the end of the driveway, and left.

That'll teach 'em...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The problem with kicking the dog is that the next time you go to that stop it might hide and get you from behind with a sneak attack.

Give it a biscuit, and in many cases it will become your friend and you will never have a problem with it again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The problem with kicking the dog is that the next time you go to that stop it might hide and get you from behind with a sneak attack.

Give it a biscuit, and in many cases it will become your friend and you will never have a problem with it again.
Or just shoot it 5 times when it starts to run away.

govols019

You smell that?

OR, people could control their animals.

I've only had to kick a couple of dogs and that option is always a last resort. It's not the dogs fault their owners are idiots.

Oak

Or just set the "heavy" package down on top of the mutt, so you can grab your diad to defend yourself.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Or just shoot it 5 times when it starts to run away.
3ox9vw.jpg

soberups

The owner of this dog (whose feet are visible in the photo) manages a winery that spends at least half a million dollars per year shipping with UPS. She brings her dog to work, and I (along with everyone else at the winery) give it love and biscuits. She has posted Facebook pics of her dog in my truck. Seems like good PR to me, especially since she is the one writing checks to UPS.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1428688641.483068.jpg

upschuck

The owner of this dog (whose feet are visible in the photo) manages a winery that spends at least half a million dollars per year shipping with UPS. She brings her dog to work, and I (along with everyone else at the winery) give it love and biscuits. She has posted Facebook pics of her dog in my truck. Seems like good PR to me, especially since she is the one writing checks to UPS.

View attachment 35000
Looks like the dog is wondering where that biscuit is, and why you are not giving it to him.

soberups

....or I guess I could be an arse hole and kick the dog and yell at it and get mad and lecture the lady about how we arent supposed to hand out treats and that she needs to control her animal.

Naah, I like my way better.