Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sympathize with all of those who are going through this. I have contact dermatitis with any clothing that contains nylon in it. I found out when I wore a coat that had an outer shell made of nylon. The nylon in the collar made contact with the skin on the back of my neck. I got a rash there. It felt like a mild sun burn. While I have had no problems wearing the uniform as a driver helper, but then again I am wearing it in the winter. I did check the uniform I have this year. The shirt and jacket are both Twin Hill and the pants are Riverside. Since I always wear the jacket, no one ever sees the UPS shirt underneath. I was thinking that perhaps I'll just wear my own short sleeved brown linen shirt instead underneath the jacket.
Ok thanks for that!

Box Ox

New evidence concerning Twin Hill.
AA seeks uniform answers as attendants push recall

"Alaska Airlines also had a difficult time finding a precise cause of the complaints and eventually switched to Lands End for its attendant uniforms in 2013.

“Ultimately we were looking for certain sourcing standards to ensure the safety of the garments and Lands End met those standards,” Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said in an e-mail to Today in the Sky."

Jesus, could you imagine UPS doing that? Such a pro-worker move might save UPS millions just be giving a big chunk of top rate drivers heart attacks upon hearing the news.

hegro

So I just started driving a month ago and my skin irritations keep getting worse and worse. At the end of the day my upper legs are bright red. When I shower after I get off it feels like I am showering when I have a sun burn. I also am getting smaller red rash areas on my arms and back.

I am only seasonal but will be going full time some time next year.(high on driver list) I am more concerned about what will happen next year. I can suffer through 1-2 more weeks for now but this will definitely be a problem down the road.

I saw someone mention cotton uniforms. Will they actually supply cotton uniforms with a doctor's note? Thanks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Alaska Airlines also had a difficult time finding a precise cause of the complaints and eventually switched to Lands End for its attendant uniforms in 2013.

“Ultimately we were looking for certain sourcing standards to ensure the safety of the garments and Lands End met those standards,” Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said in an e-mail to Today in the Sky."

Jesus, could you imagine UPS doing that? Such a pro-worker move might save UPS millions just be giving a big chunk of top rate drivers heart attacks upon hearing the news.
I have one pair of pants from years ago when I started.

I forgot I still had them was going through my uniforms and felt this one pair that was soft as can be. Was like wow. Sure enough it was the old ones. Felt like fine Egyptian cotton compared to the new stuff.

DOK

So I just started driving a month ago and my skin irritations keep getting worse and worse. At the end of the day my upper legs are bright red. When I shower after I get off it feels like I am showering when I have a sun burn. I also am getting smaller red rash areas on my arms and back.

I am only seasonal but will be going full time some time next year.(high on driver list) I am more concerned about what will happen next year. I can suffer through 1-2 more weeks for now but this will definitely be a problem down the road.

I saw someone mention cotton uniforms. Will they actually supply cotton uniforms with a doctor's note? Thanks.

They used to, like 25 years ago, not sure nowadays.

Indecisi0n

I am in talks with a lawyer about this. Please send me some pictures of your upper legs so I can include it in my class action lawsuit.

HI I am curious about your reactions.. I am having similar reactions in fact 2,000 of us plus are having reactions and getting patch tests because of TH uniforms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh Miss

American Airlines Flight Attendants are having issues with the TH uniforms, same as our drivers.
Wondering how to contact those folks to compare notes?

I've set up a gmail account for us to be able to talk. I'm an AA employee. We've been trying to talk to you all, too. Please email and I will try to find the best source to forward you to.

trickpony1

bellesmom

I washed my new Twin Hill shirt before wearing it of course and today came home with huge rash spots all around my stomach area. It itches and is very uncomfortable. Has there been any movement on getting rid of
Twin Hill?

bellesmom

Attachments

• 20170309_161542_001.jpg
    20170309_161542_001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 267