Union’s proposals available

Well If PT's don't get some type of increase, I'm sure the turnover rate will get higher. I'm sure it's beyond high now, I see new classes every week and almost two people that quit weekly because of the pay and work required.

barnyard

KTM rider
The thing is, the union should not demand better pay for PTers. The company should just do it to save on turnover. If we DEMAND higher pay for PT, that is one less thing we cannot ask for in the next contract.

kingOFchester

The thing is, the union should not demand better pay for PTers. The company should just do it to save on turnover. If we DEMAND higher pay for PT, that is one less thing we cannot ask for in the next contract.

turnover saves UPS big bucks. Part timers are in the UPS pension plan. PTer doesn's stay, no pay out. Part timer doesn't make it past 1 year not health to pay for. Part timer doesn't make it 18 months, no family health to pay. Pt doesn't last to long, lesser chance of a injury claim.

SPA was/is set up so that a monkey could perform with little training. In my building pters are working first day. Video's first part of the shift, working 2nd part of shift.

Trust me, UPS loves the turnover, as does the union as they get to collect intiation fee's over and over and over......

laffter

It doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. OSHA has the same regulation. I have used it to get heat at my center. It worked.

How do you just... "get heat at my center"? Any enclosed space like an office or a bathroom at my center has heat/ac. But the rest of the facility is so extremely high, and the whole place is so huge, the amount of money it would take to heat it is ridiculous. Not just the daily electricity, but the number of heaters. And heat rises. They'd have to be running non-stop. I presume you worked at a smaller center where this was more practical?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How do you just... "get heat at my center"? Any enclosed space like an office or a bathroom at my center has heat/ac. But the rest of the facility is so extremely high, and the whole place is so huge, the amount of money it would take to heat it is ridiculous. Not just the daily electricity, but the number of heaters. And heat rises. They'd have to be running non-stop. I presume you worked at a smaller center where this was more practical?

All the big factories and warehouses on my route are heated. Many are air-conditioned also. No reason our buildings can't be.

L

Loufan

Heat in all buildings? I've never almost passed out due to the cold, how bout some AC when it gets above 100!

AKCoverMan

My sat spot doesnt have any shelter.

Exactly. In my center, the "main" center has PCM at 0845.. then two of the routes out of that center pull TP-60s out to a town about 40 miles away. Five remote routes start out from this location at 1015, spending the first 45-90 minutes loading their own package cars.

The PCs are parked outdoors in a fenced lot at a repair shop, and the sort happens in an open dirt field ajacent. Yes, that means we are loading in the mud during rainy periods and in the snow and ice during the winter.

Wonder if this language (if it survives) would require the company to get us an indoor place to perform remote sort and loads?

L

Loufan

So no wage increases for PT'ers? We need to get more people to vote! Are the raises still the same? Sorry i'm reading this and i'm not seeing anything.

EDIT* Read the thread i guess there will be some.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Pffft. . . It seems to me a lot of that stuff is so crazy that it is in there just so it can be taken out. I can't wait for those heated mirrors! No golf carts allowed? Whoops! Forgot about the bikes the company uses.
Get rid of the old 10s? They are on their wag our already!

Out side of the smart post and new tech discipline there is nothing worthwhile in that proposal!

DiligentUPSer

Well If PT's don't get some type of increase, I'm sure the turnover rate will get higher. I'm sure it's beyond high now, I see new classes every week and almost two people that quit weekly because of the pay and work required.

Yeah, no doubt. I see it here too. I mentioned in another thread that about 3 of the last 15 new hires we have had in our area made it past 3 months. Granted, most of these are kids just were not hard enough workers for the job to begin with, so in that sense it is hard to justify the extra pay in addition to the tuition reimbursement they get. In some cases, they quit the same day they receive their first tuition payment from UPS.

DiligentUPSer

turnover saves UPS big bucks. Part timers are in the UPS pension plan. PTer doesn's stay, no pay out. Part timer doesn't make it past 1 year not health to pay for. Part timer doesn't make it 18 months, no family health to pay. Pt doesn't last to long, lesser chance of a injury claim.

SPA was/is set up so that a monkey could perform with little training. In my building pters are working first day. Video's first part of the shift, working 2nd part of shift.

Trust me, UPS loves the turnover, as does the union as they get to collect intiation fee's over and over and over......

That is a great point. The union is raking in the money. Heck, in many cases it is those initiation fees that make the kids quit when they see all that is left of their paycheck is about $20 take home per week for several weeks...LoL

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Western Conference part timers pay into the Western Conference Teamster Pension Trust Fund same as full-timers.

Arizona has no initiation fee.

Turnover isn't good for anybody, certainly not our membership.

Brownkeg8

not so sure on that. Several years back PT turnover was at an all time high in our building with the average stay at 37.5 days, a HR manager mentioned it was costing the company 750.00 to train each person.

anonymous4

Just curious but if you people are reading this why are you coming back to say "NO WAGE INCREASE FOR PT"? Can you not see the portion in the proposal that says it will be set fourth at a later date or are you NOT READING IT?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
None of it matters. Our last contract is proof. If the golden contract is backed with paper mache, we're no better off than when we started...
\