Union has no nuts

MostHelpNeeded

The only thing the union cares about is shaking you down for your dues, and fighting anyone that threatens their ponzi/racketeering scheme. The quicker you figure that out, the better off you'll be. For those that will take a swing at me for stating the obvious, please explain to me just how much UPS cares about us as employees. The ONLY thing UPS is going to give you is a paycheck and a broken-down body. The union has been unable to change that.

This. Most of us have no life during the week with the hours we work. Barely see our kids. You'd think after all this time, they'd be able to change that...

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
The only thing the union cares about is shaking you down for your dues, and fighting anyone that threatens their ponzi/racketeering scheme. The quicker you figure that out, the better off you'll be. For those that will take a swing at me for stating the obvious, please explain to me just how much UPS cares about us as employees. The ONLY thing UPS is going to give you is a paycheck and a broken-down body. The union has been unable to change that.
Don't forget who the union is headed by, the son of the guy....
ap341893822525.jpg

The guy that took union money and invested it into Vegas aka the mob; then was whacked for getting pinched and they thought he would rat. I'm sure the corruption apple doesn't fall far from that tree.

brostalss

Is it finally realized that our union has no nuts because we are not getting our back money until july? Because to me it is. We could be voting on taking a strike day or week right now if we had a union with balls. They said 6 to 8 weeks and they aren't being held accountable. Expecially when they had some BS manual calculations crap. Like really. Do you honest expect ups to be able to count pass 10. How many checks do they get wrong a week now? I've had 8 green checks cut in less than a year. We should be taking a strike day across the union right now if they had any form of balls. We should just buy out union management some pads for the month because that's what they are now.

Someone needs a cry closet, some crayons and a comfort pet

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Right, in 8 weeks I get my raise.
Let's see, I'll be making.....exactly the same as a new hire on his first day.
Wow what a raise.

Cry me a River.

And I'll be making the same as someone who's been with UPS longer than me. Exactly. What a raise. Be grateful you're getting one.

I agree with Brostalss.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the most expensive places to live in this country.

I make the exact same as someone that has been with this company 15 years longer than me. I also make the same as someone who lives in McCook Nebraska. Where the cost of living is a 1/3 of what mine is.

Try being a Part-Timer here, at the same pay as you where rent for a one bedroom apartment STARTS at $2,500. A month.

Some people struggle, and some people live like royalty. We all make the same. Is it fair? You signed up to work the job...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think the union should just start sending us a monthly bill. No more automatic deduction.

Do you know how many members would be in "arrears" for non-payment of dues ?

Sorry @BlackCat.... your can't work today, until your back dues are paid in full.

:biggrin:

Is there any time frame in the current contract that says when we have to be paid our back pay?

Nope.

He just wanted to show his hatred for a UPSer.

Why would anyone hate a UPS'er ?

I'm still on the seniority list.... long before you were born.

This. Most of us have no life during the week with the hours we work. Barely see our kids. You'd think after all this time, they'd be able to change that...

When people don't vote.... that's what happens.

That's typical of a union guy. Take our money, then take a nap.

The Union doesn't take your money.

You give it up willingly.

After the buffet....lol.

Who goes to the buffet.... when you can go to the gym ?

(on my time.... and my dime)

@What'dyabringmetoday???

If you have such a problem with your elected Local Union Officials....

Why haven't you done anything about it ?

Like run for office.

I guess it's easier to complain (anonymously) on the internet.

-Bug-

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is owed to us?
What do you feel you are Entitled to?
What we pay our union dues for, representation that’s looking out for the membership’s interests.

They quote how rich the contract was, let’s talk in 5 years about how the average wage of a full time, top rate employee has decreased.

By their calculations, this contract is richest because it was also held out for the longest. Their “richest contract ever” is simply back pay, nothing to do with actual language or otherwise.