UPS Chelmsford COVID-19

Boston25

Of course, this is correct. UPS is doing no more or less than any other employer. People just like to complain- flavor of the month. See the posts and grievances about hygiene; that was never a concern because there’s no money in it. Employees been :censored2:ting and pissing on the floor forever. Now there’s outrage. Now it’s a thing. Take care of yourself...that’s our responsibility
I don’t think it has anything to due with money. The cleaners that come in our building and clean were caught by a steward scrubbing then toilets and then taking that same brush walking over to the sink and cleaning the sinks. And we addressed it with the company immediately. Staying clean is everyone’s responsibility. But I feel in a time of crisis like this a company such as UPS who prides themselves on being such a good employer would actually make an effort.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don’t think it has anything to due with money. The cleaners that come in our building and clean were caught by a steward scrubbing then toilets and then taking that same brush walking over to the sink and cleaning the sinks. And we addressed it with the company immediately. Staying clean is everyone’s responsibility. But I feel in a time of crisis like this a company such as UPS who prides themselves on being such a good employer would actually make an effort.
Well that's just a little horrific.
Wow.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Far north of you. (Cant get any further south of course.)

Every state may have different mandates. Any differences may be due to the severity of the viral affect in your area/state.

ya Im reading it now. The governor here is allowing the surgeon general to give out orders for old people and people with underlying conditions from severe to moderate asthma to stay home. Do you know if ups or any other business would have to honor this? Seeing as Florida is a right to work state.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
ya Im reading it now. The governor here is allowing the surgeon general to give out orders for old people and people with underlying conditions from severe to moderate asthma to stay home. Do you know if ups or any other business would have to honor this? Seeing as Florida is a right to work state.
I would call the health dept, Lt Governor's office, and your BA from your local (paying elective dues is a good thing to get better cooperation in cases like this imo) and ask for the info sites to download.

Our Lt Governor's cracking the whip here in our state. He's not playing and neither are local health departments.

Find out what is mandated and push it to the local union attention, the safety committee, the Center Manager, and distribute the requirements to every employee via stewards and get your local to pass out the fliers at the door on every shift.

If there are age triggered mandates ask your local health department how that applies to an "essential business".

Start tomorrow. It's never too late to move forward in this matter.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I would call the health dept, Lt Governor's office, and your BA from your local (paying elective dues is a good thing to get better cooperation in cases like this imo) and ask for the info sites to download.

Our Lt Governor's cracking the whip here in our state. He's not playing and neither are local health departments.

Find out what is mandated and push it to the local union attention, the safety committee, the Center Manager, and distribute the requirements to every employee via stewards and get your local to pass out the fliers at the door on every shift.

If there are age triggered mandates ask your local health department how that applies to an "essential business".

Start tomorrow. It's never too late to move forward in this matter.

thanks man

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
About a year ago one on the guys in our crew brought in a hand sanitizer dispenser and quite a few bags of refills. We hung it on the wall to use since we work in an out building.Supervision told us to take it down because it wasn't approved even though there is one in the "Mr Bob" we use because we are a distance to the hub lavatories.The Mr Bob dispenser gas been empty for a month.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
In my vehicle I have 2 letters that I work for 2 companies declared essential 1 for UPS and the other my full time job.
My day company has been practicing social distancing. Part of the staff is working from home The crew that comes in to the office has been separated . Being a manager I have my own office but other staff have moved into vacated offices and those in cubicles have been separated by a greater distance There are good practice signs everywhere, extra soap ,hand santizer,and Clorox wipes.Warehouse people are not allowed into the office area and visa versa.Our owner, we are a small business of about 300 employees has promised to keep everyone working as long as possible. The company will apply to the stimulus for a loan to keep everybody working.
At 4:45 I leave and go to the evening job where there is no hot water,empty soap dispensers ,filthy lavatories and work 2 feet from another employee.
But they have a a large video monitor as you enter the building posting Covid precautions. So we have that going for us which is nice .

over9five

Staff member
Teamsters allege UPS hasn't taken appropriate steps to protect employees from coronavirus

BOSTON —

The president of the local Teamsters chapter has published an open letter to members in which he accuses UPS of failing to keep employees safe during the coronavirus pandemic.

"The Company continues in its failure to keep its employees safe by refusing to provide hand sanitizer and proper safety materials to our members. UPS has failed to clean and sanitize the trucks, equipment, and work areas on a daily basis," Sean O’Brien of Teamsters 25 wrote in the letter Monday morning.

Teamsters allege UPS hasn't taken appropriate steps to protect employees from coronavirus

BOSTON —

The president of the local Teamsters chapter has published an open letter to members in which he accuses UPS of failing to keep employees safe during the coronavirus pandemic.

"The Company continues in its failure to keep its employees safe by refusing to provide hand sanitizer and proper safety materials to our members. UPS has failed to clean and sanitize the trucks, equipment, and work areas on a daily basis," Sean O’Brien of Teamsters 25 wrote in the letter Monday morning.

Thanks for sharing. On another thread the Union is solidly behind UPS. Almost so supportive, they may not be union employees.

Boston25

In my vehicle I have 2 letters that I work for 2 companies declared essential 1 for UPS and the other my full time job.
My day company has been practicing social distancing. Part of the staff is working from home The crew that comes in to the office has been separated . Being a manager I have my own office but other staff have moved into vacated offices and those in cubicles have been separated by a greater distance There are good practice signs everywhere, extra soap ,hand santizer,and Clorox wipes.Warehouse people are not allowed into the office area and visa versa.Our owner, we are a small business of about 300 employees has promised to keep everyone working as long as possible. The company will apply to the stimulus for a loan to keep everybody working.
At 4:45 I leave and go to the evening job where there is no hot water,empty soap dispensers ,filthy lavatories and work 2 feet from another employee.
But they have a a large video monitor as you enter the building posting Covid precautions. So we have that going for us which is nice .
So your a manager at one job an steward at another?? I don’t think I could do that.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He demands the company provide face masks, and that they follow CDC guidelines.

Someone should let him know the CDC guidelines do not recommend using face masks.
Still seeing a lot of dumbasses walking around with masks on.
I guarantee you they are not disposing of the mask after one use.
If not, they are increasing their likelihood of catching C19.
Doctors and researchers are beginning to believe the primary infection means is from surface contamination and touching mouth, nose or eyes.