UPS feeder or freight school.

Does anyone know how long you have to sign a contract with UPS once they put you through school? Not that i plan on leaving such a great company, i just might be moving to a different state and heard its pretty hard to transfer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Rown1986

Do freight man, you can go anywhere with a cdl most of these package drivers cant move or do anything, cdl sky is the limit.

Brownstoned

Just getting started
To become a feeder or freight. I don’t have a cdl yet but should I continue to learning 5’s and 10’s to drive a package car or go freight to meet the goal of getting a cdl? I’m already 55 yo !!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To become a feeder or freight. I don’t have a cdl yet but should I continue to learning 5’s and 10’s to drive a package car or go freight to meet the goal of getting a cdl? I’m already 55 yo !!

try a part time job in the hub first

you don’t just jump the line to feeders

at 55 years old your chances are slim to none

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Depends on where he's at, some places hire feeders off the street all the time. I couldn't imagine starting this job at 55 though, might as well chamber a round and put the gun in your mouth.

Last edited:

Brownstoned

Just getting started

Fort Worth has pt dock. Arlington has 22.4 but as stated, don’t want to chamber the round yet! Too old for 3 story apartment deliveries and looking for the easiest way to retire.

Brownstoned

Just getting started
So, if your goal was a fund assisted cdl would you go dock or 22.4 without chambering up with hopes to retire in 10 plus yrs?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So, if your goal was a fund assisted cdl would you go dock or 22.4 without chambering up with hopes to retire in 10 plus yrs?
Depends on where you are. Can you retire with 10 years of service? Regardless you need to find a place that's putting on feeder drivers, that's your only hope.

Brownstoned

Just getting started
I won’t make my 88 for sure so I think I’ll stick to the 22.4 offer because it’s full time and grind them knees. I’m in Fort Worth, Tx.