rod

Retired 22 years
The “old-timers” are the reason change will never come anytime in the near future. All the 55+ year olds who are so resistant to change and any technology advances. Retire, take your pension, and let the company adapt/evolve as it should. It shouldn’t be the same today as it was when you started sorting before I was born.

You young whipper snappers think you know it all. Things would be better if UPS had stuck with paper records instead of that new fangled DIAD crap. You bed wetters all got your automatic transmissions because daddy never taught you how to drive a stick---what more do you want?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

You young whipper snappers think you know it all. Things would be better if UPS had stuck with paper records instead of that new fangled DIAD crap. You bed wetters all got your automatic transmissions because daddy never taught you how to drive a stick---what more do you want?

Air condition please!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The “old-timers” are the reason change will never come anytime in the near future. All the 55+ year olds who are so resistant to change and any technology advances. Retire, take your pension, and let the company adapt/evolve as it should. It shouldn’t be the same today as it was when you started sorting before I was born.

Oh, please.

Just stop now.

JackDR

Bruh, I don't think you have any freaking clue what it takes to rollout new tech on the scale UPS has to. There's a reason it goes slow.
I understand completely. I worked for WM when they rolled out new tech. Went from paper lists of good/bad accounts & addresses to a tablet that docked in the truck. Entered your mileage, fuel, pre/post trip info. Had all your accounts listed in a sortable & filterable format. GPS included. Touchscreen was disabled when in motion. If that was able to be released 7-8 years ago, why hasn’t UPS at least forecasted some type of future plans???

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Haha I’m used to processes taking time (military) but damn...UPS uniforms haven’t evolved for decades. Big Brown should partner up with Under Armour, get some moving UA billboard Ads on the sides of trucks and get good quality, highly practical uniforms that both keep you cool in summer and warm in peak. It’s sad my unborn grandkids will be retired before any change is made at this rate.

Ha Ha we got Taylor Swift

JackDR

I just cancelled Waste Management. If they can't grab your garbage can with an automatic arm from their air-conditioned cab they won't pick you up. That's not practical were I live because the bears get into your garbage if the container can be tipped over. Sometimes new technology isn't the answer.
Sounds like your driver is just lazy. I drove automated side loaders and still had to get out plenty. And no A/C in my cab-over Mack. Unless there is a bear AT your trash can, he should get his ass out. That’s a personnel problem not tech problem.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you think big brown is backwards from Waste Management, go drive for WM and pickup yard waste in the late summer/fall for 60 hours in 4.5 days every week for less $/hr than UPS. Peak doesn’t even compare.

Yeah but they have those kickarse green uniforms

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I understand completely. I worked for WM when they rolled out new tech. Went from paper lists of good/bad accounts & addresses to a tablet that docked in the truck. Entered your mileage, fuel, pre/post trip info. Had all your accounts listed in a sortable & filterable format. GPS included. Touchscreen was disabled when in motion. If that was able to be released 7-8 years ago, why hasn’t UPS at least forecasted some type of future plans???
Future for what?
We've got all that lol.
Do you even work here?

JackDR

I can drive a stick, grandpa. I’ve got a class A CDL. You’re just mad because you can’t read the DIAD screen without a magnifying glass or your cheaters. Sorry they didn’t make the font adjustable size for you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you think big brown is backwards from Waste Management, go drive for WM and pickup yard waste in the late summer/fall for 60 hours in 4.5 days every week for less $/hr than UPS. Peak doesn’t even compare.

My guy doesn’t even get out of the truck

Hits a button big arm swings down and does the rest He must be high seniority

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes, exactly. Idk wtf you’re “WOW”-ing at. I’m a driver. I’ve driven for a decade & have more “route” & logistics/optimization experience than any of the on-road supervisors in my center. Having a good work history/ resumé and being hired off the street as a driver is not at all the same as putting an in-experienced on-road sup in charge of multiple drivers doing a job the sup has never done.

A pre-requisite for being an on-road supervisor should be at least one year of being a package delivery driver. Consider it the probationary period. Even driving a route 3-4 days/week and focusing on “managerial” tasks for the other 1-2 days would be a perfect first year to being an on-road sup.

It all gets easier when this ^^^ attitude goes away. And I can assure you it will

JackDR

"Idk wtf you’re “WOW”-ing at. "
I am wowing at you unmitigated gall I've never working your way up to a driver from in the building part time and you got the ball to complain about somebody else doing that
Hubris, simply hubris
Sorting packages is not a prerequisite to delivering packages. I’ve watched many pre-loaders & insiders attempt to drive and fail. Even seen a few who made it, but couldn’t handle it and asked to go back to sorting/loading. Driving & running a route is a prerequisite to being a package delivery driver.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
WM are Teamsters here and make roughly the same pay. I was just being snarky, neither job is "cool" though.