Indecisi0n

Sounds like your driver is just lazy. I drove automated side loaders and still had to get out plenty. And no A/C in my cab-over Mack. Unless there is a bear AT your trash can, he should get his ass out. That’s a personnel problem not tech problem.
I heard stories a lot of you guys poop in the truck. Is that true ?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sorting packages is not a prerequisite to delivering packages. I’ve watched many pre-loaders & insiders attempt to drive and fail. Even seen a few who made it, but couldn’t handle it and asked to go back to sorting/loading. Driving & running a route is a prerequisite to being a package delivery driver.

Here we go.

You were hired off the street, and never had the pleasure of working inside.

I was also hired off the street (probably just about the time you got out of diapers), but bid an inside, 22.3 job in 2003. Preload/porter. I always respected what good part-timers did before I took that job, but really gained a true understanding after.

Learn a little humility before you pick on the loaders. As well as those who came before you.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I understand completely. I worked for WM when they rolled out new tech. Went from paper lists of good/bad accounts & addresses to a tablet that docked in the truck. Entered your mileage, fuel, pre/post trip info. Had all your accounts listed in a sortable & filterable format. GPS included. Touchscreen was disabled when in motion. If that was able to be released 7-8 years ago, why hasn’t UPS at least forecasted some type of future plans???
These diads aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. They will be putting charging ports in the trucks, up where you can view them because they will have turn by turn directions to your next stop. Also, you will only be able to view your route in the seizure inducing Orion Delivery Order.
Stop stressing over things you can't control.
We just work here. It's their ship, let em sink it. As long as the checks keep clearing, life is good.

JackDR

Here we go.

You were hired off the street, and never had the pleasure of working inside.

I was also hired off the street (probably just about the time you got out of diapers), but bid an inside, 22.3 job in 2003. Preload/porter. I always respected what good part-timers did before I took that job, but really gained a true understanding after.

Learn a little humility before you pick on the loaders. As well as those who came before you.
I’m not picking on anybody. I appreciate a good loader, as I know how miserable a day delivering can be with a horrible load and packages in wrong sections. If you worked inside, then made a career out of driving, more power to you. I went from full time trash man to full time x-man for UPS. If they would’ve told me I had to work part time sorting before I could drive, I would’ve stayed with WM. I applied for a feeder/CDL job but HR told me that the package car delivery is better money in the long run so....guess where I am.

F

Frankie's Friend

I’m not picking on anybody. I appreciate a good loader, as I know how miserable a day delivering can be with a horrible load and packages in wrong sections. If you worked inside, then made a career out of driving, more power to you. I went from full time trash man to full time x-man for UPS. If they would’ve told me I had to work part time sorting before I could drive, I would’ve stayed with WM. I applied for a feeder/CDL job but HR told me that the package car delivery is better money in the long run so....guess where I am.
You got lied to.

F

Frankie's Friend

And they give you $350/year for boots of your choice, uniform not required but furnished. You can wear a hi-viz sleeveless shirt for the 100+ Degree heat index summer days.
I was in NYC years ago when a sanitation worker strike was in full swing. It didn't last long and if it wasnt wintertime it wouldve been settled quicker.

There was trash piled up on streets about 9-10 ft tall.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You young whipper snappers think you know it all. Things would be better if UPS had stuck with paper records instead of that new fangled DIAD crap. You bed wetters all got your automatic transmissions because daddy never taught you how to drive a stick---what more do you want?
Coddling galore.

Dhydratd

You’re the icon and true representation of one negative aspect of a union. If the union incorporated a meritocracy, you would’ve been gone long ago. I’ll bet your whole retirement I’ll make it further than you.
Lol, a garbage man using big words! Get back with me in 26 years about making good on that bet.

P

pickup

That's actually good for us. The runners will pay into the pensions but end up injuring out and quiting before 5 years making them unable to pull their money out. Idiots.

I am under the impression that UPS ends up not putting in a dime into the pension for any worker who does not vest.