UPS Racing

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Anyone have any predictions or insight on who the company will spend its money on for next years Sprint Cup contenders? Sounds like they are searching for a new team since D.J. finally checked out. Who will it be?? I hate to see the company spending money on sponsorship, but if they're gonna do it I hope they will roll with a winner. It would have been nice to see them take a shot with Dale Jr. last year when he was avaliable, but they were probably worried about the company image. (Probably would have made some money though). I dont really know who would be a good fit, but I know this....Get out of NHRA and Vandergriff! Put your logo and money on Danica Patrick's Indy car. That's money in the bank!!! Hell, she'll probably out do DJ's commercials.

drewed

Shankman
Anyone have any predictions or insight on who the company will spend its money on for next years Sprint Cup contenders? Sounds like they are searching for a new team since D.J. finally checked out. Who will it be?? I hate to see the company spending money on sponsorship, but if they're gonna do it I hope they will roll with a winner. It would have been nice to see them take a shot with Dale Jr. last year when he was avaliable, but they were probably worried about the company image. (Probably would have made some money though). I dont really know who would be a good fit, but I know this....Get out of NHRA and Vandergriff! Put your logo and money on Danica Patrick's Indy car. That's money in the bank!!! Hell, she'll probably out do DJ's commercials.

I dont really know at this point i dont see us staying at mwr, Petty racing is putting together a car for next season, tony stewarts contracts up and he wants to be the premier name on the team which he would be and UPS would be the premier sponsor.... its a possibility theres still a lot of races in this season; its too early to see if owners will add cars change drivers etc

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
What about sponsoring the truck series, Craftsman is done at the end of this year. I don't know what Nationwide paid to sponsor the Busch series but I bet we could get the trucks for a reasonable amount. Being the series sponsor offers many more opportunities than car sponsorship!

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Now thats what I'm talking about!! Sponsor a team and driver that still has the ability to win a few races and have consistant top 10 finishes. Tony Stewart fits that bill; but he's gonna have to leave Joe Gibbs Racing. Can't deal with Fed Ex and UPS under the same owner. UPS probably wont persue Stewart anyways, he has a history that might tarnish thier image. Another possibility might be Ryan Newman. It sounds like he is going to leave Penskie Racing.

H

hseofpayne

What about sponsoring the truck series, Craftsman is done at the end of this year. I don't know what Nationwide paid to sponsor the Busch series but I bet we could get the trucks for a reasonable amount. Being the series sponsor offers many more opportunities than car sponsorship!
BRIALLANT! You deserve a promotion ! Why da hell we never had Dale Jarrets old :censored2: race at least one truck race with a REAL race truck is beyond me! What a great promotional gimmick that would have been. I say we promote mattwtrs to King of Promotional Advertising @mUPS! All in favor say, damn, what is it we say?

CFLBrown

If UPS sponsors Stewart, I'm going to file a grievance that he isn't holding up his end of the appearance policy. I want to grow a cool FedEx goatee.

Cementups

Box Monkey
tony stewarts contracts up and he wants to be the premier name on the team

Tony Stewart's contract is not up until the end of 2009.

UPS is rumored to be going to RCR, but as said Petty is now in need of a sponsor for hte #43 car which will be piloted for the next 4 years by Bobby Labonte. he just signed a contract extension last week after Petty sold a controlling interest to Boston Ventures. Bobby Labonte would be a PERFECT fit for UPS. You can't get much more of a "people person" and everyday NASCAR name than Bobby Labonte.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
OK, I agree with with your statements on Bobby Labonte. He would be a perfect fit for UPS. An excellent image just like DJ was, and he can drive a Cup car. Here's the problem...Petty Enterprises no longer has the financial backing to put a competitive car on the track. They don't have the resources that the other powerhouse teams have. Even though they are involved with this Boston Ventures group it will take years and alot of cash for the Petty's to be a contender. Bobby is a class act and would be a great image for UPS, but can P.E. give him the resources he needs to compete?? DJ was also a great spokesman for the company, but he didn't have the cars to compete.

H

hseofpayne

OK, I agree with with your statements on Bobby Labonte. He would be a perfect fit for UPS. An excellent image just like DJ was, and he can drive a Cup car. Here's the problem...Petty Enterprises no longer has the financial backing to put a competitive car on the track. They don't have the resources that the other powerhouse teams have. Even though they are involved with this Boston Ventures group it will take years and alot of cash for the Petty's to be a contender. Bobby is a class act and would be a great image for UPS, but can P.E. give him the resources he needs to compete?? DJ was also a great spokesman for the company, but he didn't have the cars to compete.

Don't the sponsors help with the financial side of bldg race cars. I doubt a driver with Labontes' experience is gonna listen to the ghost of Jim Casey tell him how many LPORH he outta be runnin'. They need a young cover driver to step in there who'll tear it up out there, skip his pit stops and just run like hell all day! We don't need no stinkin' spokesman! Time spent talkin' to customers is time wasted!

Cementups

Box Monkey
With Boston Venture coming in they will now have accesss to more money and resources than most teams of their caliber coupld ever dream of. that was the whole point of hte transaction.....to make them a contending team again. If they would have tried to do it themelves it would have taken thema minimum of ten years if at all. Bobby also admitted on SiriusSpeedway that there is no way he would have stayed at Petty if not for the newfound partnership. Even he knew without outside funding that it wouldn't happen.

H

hseofpayne

With Boston Venture coming in they will now have accesss to more money and resources than most teams of their caliber coupld ever dream of. that was the whole point of hte transaction.....to make them a contending team again. If they would have tried to do it themelves it would have taken thema minimum of ten years if at all. Bobby also admitted on SiriusSpeedway that there is no way he would have stayed at Petty if not for the newfound partnership. Even he knew without outside funding that it wouldn't happen.

I heard Labonte stayed because they gave him a part ownership stake, is that true?

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!

Hey cementups...I will say this "It doesn't matter who sponsors LaBonte next year, I hope P.E. and B.V. will provide him with the resources and equipment he needs to be sucessful." Bobby has been screwed since he left Gibbs Racing. Not his fault though, he's a winner if he has the equipment.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I heard Labonte stayed because they gave him a part ownership stake, is that true?

I heard that rumor as well but a few responses that I have heard say that is not true. Afterall why would PE give up more of their ownership when they have already given Boston Ventures 51%?

drewed

Shankman

HMMMM the UPS package care series...... i think not

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Tony Stewart's contract is not up until the end of 2009.

UPS is rumored to be going to RCR, but as said Petty is now in need of a sponsor for the #43 car which will be piloted for the next 4 years by Bobby Labonte. he just signed a contract extension last week after Petty sold a controlling interest to Boston Ventures. Bobby Labonte would be a PERFECT fit for UPS. You can't get much more of a "people person" and everyday NASCAR name than Bobby Labonte.

Looks like UPS just blew another shot at another good driver. Found out this morning that Richard Childress Racing needs a sponsor for the 31 car next year. Unfortunately, Caterpiller already jumped on that opportunity and will be sponsoring Jeff Burton next year. Nice job UPS!!

Here's my top 5 picks for UPS (if anyone cares): 1)Bobby Labonte, 2)Ryan Newman, 3)Tony Stewart (he will be leaving JG Racing), 4)Brad Keselowski, 5)Joey Logano

Get out of NHRA and Vandergriff! Put your logo and money on Danica Patrick's Indy car. That's money in the bank!!! Hell, she'll probably out do DJ's commercials.

Danica Patrick?? Put UPS sponsorship on the side of Ashley Force`s car.
She`s well spoken,popular,and makes Danica look like a boy.