UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
To the people planning on withdrawing from the union because the vote didnt go your way—
Did you renounce your US citizenship when the guy you didnt like got elected President?
Will you, as a matter of principle, give back the raises that the union negotiated for you, and forfeit your union pension when you retire?
Do you seriously believe you will get a better deal from the company without union representation?
Its ok to be angry, but channel that anger into something useful. If you are dissatisfied with your union leadership then run for office and be the change you want to see.
Dont cut off your nose to spite your face and dont be a freeloader.
Don't undermine the majority who voted no. I don't care if fools didn't vote, we did and our votes should count.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We went from a 20% turnout to a 44% turnout. That’s pretty good. Maybe our expectations of the membership are to high. Maybe, just maybe this is the best the membership can do. They are to busy to vote. Maybe the drivers make so much money that they are to busy to vote as well. Jet skis, boats, camping, vacations are more important than making a two minute phone call.

Look at it like this. At least you have a very good contract and 44% of the people cared. Moral victory
This just sets things up perfectly for 2021....just you wait

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good luck ups trying to staff your locations and get drivers in the door at 20 bucks an hour.....and pters at 13...they just fked themselves...
Ups better watch it.... this isn’t DHL trying to start a rinky dink ground operation service... it’s Amazon with more money than ups and FedEx combined...they have planes now that say Prime Air.... and vans.... they are coming in hot and heavy and UPS getting another tier of driver making 5 bucks less isn’t going to do ANYTHING to stop Amazon....or spend on a absolutely :censored2:ty program to route drivers day that is a :censored2:ing joke....it’s not about how much a driver makes, it’s about changing the BS culture here... getting back to basics...this isnt 1970 anymore....if this company goes under it’s not going to be on the Union.... it will 100% be on a misguided mgt plan that didnt adapt to the changing market all along worrying more about a driver not grabbing a handrail or backing 1 too many times... absolutely Absurd and downright pathetic!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thanks for sharing the love...
I know I talk some smack on here but I do care about how people are treated and absolutely want the company to continue.... they are just so :censored2: misguided....and still don’t realize that you can’t treat your people like :censored2: no matter what happens...

Brownsocks

Just a dog
This is bull:censored2:. I wish i worked in an RTW state. To the sellouts on here posting about being happy it passed you can buy my kids Christmas cause i cant afford it now. This is a railroad plain and simple. The constitution does not allow this and they know it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are getting them at $18.75 now
And how long on average are they lasting... THAT IS THE ULTIMATE QUESTION...I know around here some get through their packet and only stick around for a few months....working that hard for 18.75 is a joke....

Brownsocks

Just a dog
This is bull:censored2:. I wish i worked in an RTW state. To the sellouts on here posting about being happy it passed you can buy my kids Christmas cause i cant afford it now. This is a railroad plain and simple. The constitution does not allow this and they know it.
I shouldnt call you sell outs and apologize. I am happy you voted even if it was yes. To the ones that didnt vote you brought this on yourselves.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wipe your screen off when you are done....
I might need a beach towel ... hold on...
D87876BB-EAFD-49B2-9F7F-2969D38FE895.jpeg