UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Voter Raw Deal.
MPW-59147.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To the people planning on withdrawing from the union because the vote didnt go your way—
Did you renounce your US citizenship when the guy you didnt like got elected President?
Will you, as a matter of principle, give back the raises that the union negotiated for you, and forfeit your union pension when you retire?
Do you seriously believe you will get a better deal from the company without union representation?
Its ok to be angry, but channel that anger into something useful. If you are dissatisfied with your union leadership then run for office and be the change you want to see.
Dont cut off your nose to spite your face and dont be a freeloader.

JL 0513

Incorrect. The turnout language was posted on here months ago, even with whole threads about it.

I'm on here all the time and never noticed. Never seen anything in print from the union. So all the members who aren't on Brown Cafe (most members) or pay much attention, a very low percentage were aware turn out was critical.

specter208

Only way I could see Union voter turnout is if the union sets up voter booths at each and every UPS facility. Every driver and local sorter votes on the way in, and every Preloader votes on the way out. Do this for a whole week.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm on here all the time and never noticed. Never seen anything in print from the union. So all the members who aren't on Brown Cafe (most members) or pay much attention, a very low percentage were aware turn out was critical.
Then maybe they should have paid more attention.

Tony Q

Only way I could see Union voter turnout is if the union sets up voter booths at each and every UPS facility. Every driver and local sorter votes on the way in, and every Preloader votes on the way out. Do this for a whole week.
How much easier would one have to make it than it is now. There is no excuse for apathy.

Tony Q

@Tony Q you have a better idea or what?
We went from a 20% turnout to a 44% turnout. That’s pretty good. Maybe our expectations of the membership are to high. Maybe, just maybe this is the best the membership can do. They are to busy to vote. Maybe the drivers make so much money that they are to busy to vote as well. Jet skis, boats, camping, vacations are more important than making a two minute phone call.

Look at it like this. At least you have a very good contract and 44% of the people cared. Moral victory