UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

Crosscutters

I’ve been lurking around for awhile and have a question. Why haven’t other contracts been pushed through using this rule? Last contract didn’t pass on the first vote and the ibt went back to renegotiate the contract.

Crosscutters

I’m still waiting on an official notice on next years healthcare. I emailed teamsters and contacted my local union steward with absolutely no info on what the cost will be for anything.

Tony Q

I agree it’s pathetic more didn’t vote. But even so the majority whom did voted against it. Why would the union want to force it?
We don’t want to force this contract. We have a legal obligation to follow our constitution. UPS can take us to court and win if we don’t follow our constitution.

Last contract members complained of a brown out. This contract we flooded you with information. You still did not reach the criteria, so the contract will be imposed. Sorry

PT Car Washer

Only way I could see Union voter turnout is if the union sets up voter booths at each and every UPS facility. Every driver and local sorter votes on the way in, and every Preloader votes on the way out. Do this for a whole week.
Almost all employees, FT and PT, carry their I Phones into work with them everyday. They could vote as they are wanded going through the guard house.

SameRightsForAll

Where did UPS initially get the results that indicated that the Master was voted down and why were they so quick to announce this unless they knew that the 2/3rds rule doesn't apply during a first offer and vote. I think any sane person would come to the same conclusion that the union voted the Master down 54% to 46% during the first round, not the final round. Can one just claim that the first round is the final round After the election in order to overturn the results? Does it seem like this is exactly what happened?

I’ve been lurking around for awhile and have a question. Why haven’t other contracts been pushed through using this rule? Last contract didn’t pass on the first vote and the ibt went back to renegotiate the contract.
All master contracts have passed on the first vote since 1990. 1997 was not put up to a vote because of that rule.

wilberforce15

We don’t want to force this contract. We have a legal obligation to follow our constitution. UPS can take us to court and win if we don’t follow our constitution.

Last contract members complained of a brown out. This contract we flooded you with information. You still did not reach the criteria, so the contract will be imposed. Sorry

Then maybe just go ahead and try it anyway. I'm sure the No voters will be happy for you to give it a shot. The worst outcome is we get the contract we already rejected.

Crosscutters

I understand your point and thank you for your response. But why wasn’t this ever told to us to be the last best offer?

And I do not know if you have the info but why can’t I get any answers on exactly what teamcare will be next year?

Tony Q

I understand your point and thank you for your response. But why wasn’t this ever told to us to be the last best offer?

And I do not know if you have the info but why can’t I get any answers on exactly what teamcare will be next year?
The Teamcare will mirror the Part Timers plan that is in place now, as well as the full timers who have the enhanced plan. As we know some full timers have better forms of Teamcare. Everyowill have the same plan upon ratification.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only if we overthrow that fatass
I see it going something like this....he will want to unite the north and south and take a co-President stand.... agree to that but have immunity of being tried in an international criminal court for crimes against the people of North Korea ....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To the people planning on withdrawing from the union because the vote didnt go your way—
Did you renounce your US citizenship when the guy you didnt like got elected President?
Will you, as a matter of principle, give back the raises that the union negotiated for you, and forfeit your union pension when you retire?
Do you seriously believe you will get a better deal from the company without union representation?
Its ok to be angry, but channel that anger into something useful. If you are dissatisfied with your union leadership then run for office and be the change you want to see.
Dont cut off your nose to spite your face and dont be a freeloader.
Members are frustrated...pretty simple.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think this is a good contract. I think the efforts of all those involved are probably the best we are going to get under the current circumstances of life as we know it.

We live in a corrupt, capitalist society.

The Teamsters and UPS are serious players, contributors and victims of the society in which we all live, the are organizations but there is really little difference between these organizations and people in general.

The Teamsters and UPS are just people organized trying to function in this corrupt capitalist society.

I am most concerned with is the lack of voting in the membership and in society in general. This is a serious problem.

Are you really rickyb?