UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

YoungerBrasherSmarterer

Fistin' the air
I think this vote gives you an answer to that question. It was a foregone conclusion.
Right, but how is that beneficial? I would say theoretically that it would encourage higher vote totals. However, this clause will now create a long-term ripple effect of even more mistrust and disenfranchisement.

I don't think it was ever written to actually be used. I would liken it to the nuclear threat option to battle against voter apathy. But now that less than 50% voted they had no choice but to envoke it.

I bet you have an entire EBoard upset that they didn't get rid of it. It's going to cost them their jobs, and could ultimately be the downfall of the IBT.

Anyone know what happened in 2001 in order for this to be put in place?

Double L

This is sad, the members voted and the reflections of their votes are apparent.
We have been sold out guys.
The big wigs are looking out for their best interests.
Thanks Hoffa...
I'm a long time member and long time steward.
I'm hanging it up and I will not pay another dime in union dues.
I'm in a right to work state and I've never been that guy, and have talked so many guys out of doing this, unbelievable on the fact of our members and brothers being to lazy to make a phone call for a vote, and for the big wigs who should have the members best interest in mind, but only care about lining their pockets.
I'll bet you anything the 55.6% that didn't vote is the crowd of guys and gals that run wide open all day, break all the rules, skip lunch, and come in 30 minutes early before shift to suck the brown juice out...
This is a Sad day guys, we lost more than we can ever regain this time..
wait till they get the 22.4's in place and comfortable, us big money guys will disappear. better use you're handrail... and get you're affairs in order..

Mooseknuckle

I think you are all missing the point. This isn't about technicalities. YOU are THEIR employers. They are supposed to be doing what we want for our union. They are not supposed to be colluding with the company to search for minutia in a constitution to avoid their job. The majority of us voted to not accept this offer. We gave them clear instructions what to do. Did any of you vote that into this constitution? They clearly colluded with the company to our detriment. And you are paying them for that. Is that okay?

Mooseknuckle

Thanks Hoffa...
I'm in a right to work state and I've never been that guy, and have talked so many guys out of doing this, unbelievable on the fact of our members and brothers being to lazy to make a phone call for a vote, and for the big wigs who should have the members best interest in mind, but only care about lining their pockets.
I'll bet you anything the 55.6% that didn't vote is the crowd of guys and gals that run wide open all day, break all the rules, skip lunch, and come in 30 minutes early before shift to suck the brown juice out...
wait till they get the 22.4's in place and comfortable, us big money guys will disappear. better use you're handrail... and get you're affairs in order..
More fake accounts. Unbelievable how far this company will go.

ColdHarvest

Thanks Hoffa...

You cry about big money guys , and then you cry more about losing your status as a big money guy.

Ok......

ColdHarvest

I think you are all missing the point. This isn't about technicalities. YOU are THEIR employers. They are supposed to be doing what we want for our union. They are not supposed to be colluding with the company to search for minutia in a constitution to avoid their job. The majority of us voted to not accept this offer. We gave them clear instructions what to do. Did any of you vote that into this constitution? They clearly colluded with the company to our detriment. And you are paying them for that. Is that okay?

All your misunderstanding aside....you are completely free to walk away. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I'll take your route....

YoungerBrasherSmarterer

Fistin' the air
I totally understand your sentiment here. But you have to understand at this point the position the IBT is in. They could choose to ignore what the constitution says but they'd be subject to a losing lawsuit.

Quite frankly they messed up, BAD! Fortunately we have very intelligent people across this country and organization that are going to try everything in the world to reverse this outcome. I will do anything in my power to help them succeed. This sucks.

I know emotions are high, but not paying dues is weakness. RTW is going to help ruin Labor in this country. Don't fall into that trap. Be a leader, not a follower.

BrownRecycler

I wanted to vote but I belongs to a Local that doesn't vote on Master. I called BA and can confirm that. No ballots were sent as requested for that reason.

I had to wonder if my Local counts as a Did Not Vote?

Double L

You cry about big money guys , and then you cry more about losing your status as a big money guy.

Ok......
Not crying old pal,
people like you are the worst enemy of the teamsters
we should be able to stick together.
thanks for the criticism though, its greatly unappreciated....
what happened tonight is wrong.
we have been sold out.. I was just saying its sad..

Double L

not a fake account....
just saying it's not right what happened, and anyone that continues paying union dues to support this mess, well they're not very smart...
bottom line we should all stick together... it's the same in my center as it seems to be on here .. all criticism and no results..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you think the company would actually sanction people to go on the site and spread anything I’ve got a tin foil hat that you may be interested in.

Do they pay attention to the site? Absolutely. Do they plant people on here to control the conversation? Absolutely not.

542thruNthru

If you think the company would actually sanction people to go on the site and spread anything I’ve got a tin foil hat that you may be interested in.

Do they pay attention to the site? Absolutely. Do they plant people on here to control the conversation? Absolutely not.

giphy-3.gif

Mooseknuckle

I truly believe that they don't tell you they do. It seams like they've gone through a lot of trouble to get this pushed on us so, why would they not do that? It's free.

Mooseknuckle

Why are you on here?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I truly believe that they don't tell you they do. It seams like they've gone through a lot of trouble to get this pushed on us so, why would they not do that? It's free.
Because it could be considered interfering in an election? We’re not even supposed to discuss the contract vote with hourlies