UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

trickpony1

Has anyone considered:
The company wanted the contract to pass so they can start raking in the money;
The union wanted it to pass to please the company and to end the hassle.

All the numbers that are being thrown at us:
non-votes
yes votes
no votes
percents
etc....

these numbers don't require a shred of evidence...it's just what the "election officials" said.

Who's the fool now?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Has anyone considered:
The company wanted the contract to pass so they can start raking in the money;
The union wanted it to pass to please the company and to end the hassle.

All the numbers that are being thrown at us:
non-votes
yes votes
no votes
percents
etc....

these numbers don't require a shred of evidence...it's just what the "election officials" said.

Who's the fool now?
Think the union wanted it to pass to also start raking in the money... all the new union dues and monies going into the pension plans... even for workers that will NEVER probably see any money come out of it because they won’t last here over 5 years....

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
Hoffa and Taylor. You p.o.s. are no teamsters. Your ups management plain and simple. You don't represent us union workers, nor do you have any honor. Hope your happy when ups hands your envelope with bribe money

Going forward I am no longer viewing my employment with this company as just us VS them (UPS) and you should too. Today I learned all we truly have is each other because our own leaders just crossed us again when the company stated they were open for more negotiations. The moment Hoffa/Hall got voted back in power we were set up to fail. There was never a no/yes turnout potential just a yes/yes for the NMA. We should all come together now and be NO/NO! FIGHT BACK ANYWAY WE CAN! THIS SHALL NOT PASS! AND MARK MY WORDS THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY IF THIS IS IMPOSED. TO ALL OF YOU IN AGREEMENT WITH THE YES MOVEMENT AND BELIEVED THIS IS WHAT IS BEST FOR ALL OF US GUESS WHAT IF DISGRUNTLED COWORKERS IS WHAT YOU WANT SO BE IT. LOOK INTO MY EYES AND RECEIVE YOUR DEATH STARE! I SHALL BEAR SOME MERCY ON BROWNIE BECAUSE THEY PUT UP THE BEST FIGHT THEY COULD BUT WERE STILL OPEN AND APPEARED TO BE UNDERSTANDING . END TO IBT LEADERS! EDIT: You are right, I don't want a strike, just very moved by all of this. I just want the best contract for everybody around me. Because they are my brothers and sisters. That is all.

Last edited:

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
WTF that supposed to mean?

Could Teamster employees walk out?

A. Our people are dedicated to serving customers and taking care of their needs. There is no legal basis for a labor disruption. UPS will take all necessary steps to ensure that customer service is preserved.

twoweeled

One thing is abundantly clear. Getting the best contract was NEVER the priority. no surprise to me. We get what we deserve, again!

u2ujl.jpg

twoweeled

This is just the vaseline being rubbed on. Just wait till the new changes you know nothing about start popping up, at the most inopportune moment.

onyx-truth.png

twoweeled

Wrong, back to the table for both the master and locals that were turned down. Hoffa would be basically serving his last term if he pushed this through, he’d never get re-elected.
I don't think he'd get reelected either, but I don't think he cares now. I won't be surprised if he doesn't run.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
WTF that supposed to mean?

Could Teamster employees walk out?

A. Our people are dedicated to serving customers and taking care of their needs. There is no legal basis for a labor disruption. UPS will take all necessary steps to ensure that customer service is preserved.
Where did this come from???

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is bull:censored2:. I wish i worked in an RTW state. To the sellouts on here posting about being happy it passed you can buy my kids Christmas cause i cant afford it now. This is a railroad plain and simple. The constitution does not allow this and they know it.

You need another job

MattM

Crazy to think newly hired peeps will have a retro check some 3-5 times my own (going on 6 yrs). Atleast cover the retro check difference and I think I'd be willing to move on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Incorrect. The turnout language was posted on here months ago, even with whole threads about it.

The thing I never saw discussed was clarification on what was meant by a final offer, even though the question was asked. But if you read the entire article it's pretty clear.

I'm on here all the time and never noticed. Never seen anything in print from the union. So all the members who aren't on Brown Cafe (most members) or pay much attention, a very low percentage were aware turn out was critical.

I'm not at all certain it would have made a difference. My guess is that a majority of those who didn't vote are not dissatisfied enough with the situation, and probably would have voted yes anyway.

I understand your point and thank you for your response. But why wasn’t this ever told to us to be the last best offer?

The fact that it was put to vote was the indication that the negotiators believed it to be a final offer, as per the teamster constitution. On one hand you can blame members for not being involved enough, on the other hand the case can be made that the bar to entry to being "involved" is too high for the average person. If people who are active in and knowledgable about the union didn't seem to have a grasp on the rules, how could the average member hope to do better? Only after the vote did everyone suddenly become illuminated as if it were so obvious.

Dollar Chasing

It’s a good job market right now.
Truth. My belief is that the company is doing this whole 8.6 hour day initiative to help retain employees. I know it costs thousands to hire someone, and it’s a huge waste of time and money when they just quit because they can’t or don’t want to handle the job.

We’ve always known it’s costs the company more to hire more people than it does for them to just give us OT, so there has to be another reason. This is my theory because right now we’re a revolving door of new hires.

ChainLink

Best case scenario I can see is we sue the union and ups. Get a judge to put a stop to the implementation of the contract, allow lawyers to review the voting records, company records for irregularities, and union bylaws, and bring their case to a judge.

But the kicker here is if the judge puts a stop to the master, UPS and the union will probably be willing to tear the whole thing and restart negotiations, in order to avoid the bad press, and uncertainty for stock holders and business that ship with us.

Litigation is a lengthy process. They know what we don’t like about this contract. They can either have this drag on endlessly, or settle it quick in a month’s time.

We’ll see what happens, but I have a feeling this isn’t over.