UPS shutting down 138 hubs nationwide

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
sorry to intrude ,but i need some help/advice from any OGs drivers from Georgia .I am a 12 year pkg driver ,who's going on 18 years now with the company (6 years preload part time )In Southern California,i've went thru the trenches to earn my keep at ups since out of high school .,,Anyways ,reason i'm here .I took my family to Columbus on a vacation to visit my brother n law who is a retired airborne army vet,(he served 3 terms in iraq)something special i felt in georgia,My kids being kids playing outside with my niece and nephews sold me .I fell in love with the nieghborhood and southern hospitality.i know i can't transfer .Is it hard to get hired at ups in atlanta ?i need some honesty...i did my cover/utility years in the rough areas of south Los Angeles,now have a beautiful beach route looking at the ocean ...is there any way i can get picked up immediately since i have the training ???has anyone heard of that at all??would love any real/genuine /even bad feedback pls..

When I snap my fingers you’ll come back to reality. You think ups is going to transfer you across the country because you “felt something special”
Lmao

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
sorry to intrude ,but i need some help/advice from any OGs drivers from Georgia .I am a 12 year pkg driver ,who's going on 18 years now with the company (6 years preload part time )In Southern California,i've went thru the trenches to earn my keep at ups since out of high school .,,Anyways ,reason i'm here .I took my family to Columbus on a vacation to visit my brother n law who is a retired airborne army vet,(he served 3 terms in iraq)something special i felt in georgia,My kids being kids playing outside with my niece and nephews sold me .I fell in love with the nieghborhood and southern hospitality.i know i can't transfer .Is it hard to get hired at ups in atlanta ?i need some honesty...i did my cover/utility years in the rough areas of south Los Angeles,now have a beautiful beach route looking at the ocean ...is there any way i can get picked up immediately since i have the training ???has anyone heard of that at all??would love any real/genuine /even bad feedback pls..
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

you’ll NEVER TRANSER!

BACK TO THE BOTTOM YOU GO 😂😂😂😂

Thebrownblob

Nothing is happening until after the contract is settled. Supposed to be new language about transferring agreed upon in it (according to the update webinars the IBT put out). Best bet is to wait and see once it has been settled.
But even that language was just for part time I’m fairly certain.

Thebrownblob

When I snap my fingers you’ll come back to reality. You think ups is going to transfer you across the country because you “felt something special”
Lmao
The company has no mechanism for transfer for hourly. But even more than that the local unions would not allow it because of seniority.

What is an OG driver ?

If you say "Original Gangsta".... my head is going to explode.

:biggrin:
gLdmbX.gif

yeah that's what im certain of,i would start all over ,but as of now i still got a banging beach route with ..i'll see wassup after this contract negotiations
Dude, we over-hired because of 'pandemic"-related volume. Now that volume is regressing to normal levels and we're looking for a substantial increase in pay/benefits, it's gonna be a while before UPS is hiring FT drivers, you'll be PT for years.

Beyond that, have you seen the southern supplement? Have you seen the UPS retirement package? You're in the west, as @542thruNthru and @DELACROIX can confirm, you don't wanna be anywhere else. Find somewhere out here that's similar to what you're looking for. Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington...all of them have towns like what you're looking for, find a few and put in on the transfer list. Best option.

MetalUPSworkhorse

Dude, we over-hired because of 'pandemic"-related volume. Now that volume is regressing to normal levels and we're looking for a substantial increase in pay/benefits, it's gonna be a while before UPS is hiring FT drivers, you'll be PT for years.

Beyond that, have you seen the southern supplement? Have you seen the UPS retirement package? You're in the west, as @542thruNthru and @DELACROIX can confirm, you don't wanna be anywhere else. Find somewhere out here that's similar to what you're looking for. Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington...all of them have towns like what you're looking for, find a few and put in on the transfer list. Best option.

MetalUPSworkhorse

thanx for that advice ,i will def do my he before i do any irrational big move ,just got home from Georgia yesterday so thought i go here for any advice ,thnx bud