UPS shutting down 138 hubs nationwide

MetalUPSworkhorse

Then what is the real question ?

In 18 years.... have you ever voted on the contract ?

Did you vote in the recent strike vote ?
nah
Then what is the real question ?

In 18 years.... have you ever voted on the contract ?

Did you vote in the recent strike vote ?
yeah i did ,how about yourself?honestly ,keep our insurance the same or if not better that's good for me ,give us our usual CoLA raises and i'll be good..if your a part timers ,find another job if possible ,and hustle that till your seniority gets higher ...i started preload at $8.50 with charts,no pass label,and hustled another job to help my father with the house he almost lost to the marked crash in 07...and when i finally turned 21 still had to wait 3 more years till i got my shot as a driver driving stick shift ,10 years finally making me full time .i voted yes ,but i hope it doesn't come to that ...i care less about AC ,wore pants and long sleeves from the beginning cuz we couldn't show tattoos back then

MetalUPSworkhorse

yeah i did ,how about yourself?honestly ,keep our insurance the same or if not better that's good for me ,give us our usual CoLA raises and i'll be good..if your a part timers ,find another job if possible ,and hustle that till your seniority gets higher ...i started preload at $8.50 with charts,no pass label,and hustled another job to help my father with the house he almost lost to the marked crash in 07...and when i finally turned 21 still had to wait 3 more years till i got my shot as a driver driving stick shift ,10 years finally making me full time .i voted yes ,but i hope it doesn't come to that ...i care less about AC ,wore pants and long sleeves from the beginning cuz we couldn't show tattoos back then.This new breed gotta bleed someway somehow like many of us have

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
thanx for that advice ,i will def do my he before i do any irrational big move ,just got home from Georgia yesterday so thought i go here for any advice ,thnx bud

You obviously know you can't transfer.

Gotta quit and get rehired.

Any time in your current pension plan, would likely be frozen and can't transfer with you.

Certain restrictions can be placed on your Health and Welfare program.

Your previous experience as a UPS employee, puts you at the top of the list.... in an area that

needs drivers. Go for it.

MetalUPSworkhorse

Any time in your current pension plan, would likely be frozen and can't transfer with you.

Your previous experience as a UPS employee, puts you at the top of the list.... in an area that

thanx bud

MetalUPSworkhorse

@MetalUPSworkhorse
Your inability to quote and say something, you quoting people multiple times, and you now quoting yourself is turning this thread (further) into a shtshow. Unfuk yourself.
@MetalUPSworkhorse
Your inability to quote and say something, you quoting people multiple times, and you now quoting yourself is turning this thread (further) into a shtshow. Unfuk yourself.
thanx for the tip haha new to this blog ,gotta get it wrong to get it right i guess lol

BlackCat

we can transfer in the west.

MetalUPSworkhorse

Dude, we over-hired because of 'pandemic"-related volume. Now that volume is regressing to normal levels and we're looking for a substantial increase in pay/benefits, it's gonna be a while before UPS is hiring FT drivers, you'll be PT for years.

Beyond that, have you seen the southern supplement? Have you seen the UPS retirement package? You're in the west, as @542thruNthru and @DELACROIX can confirm, you don't wanna be anywhere else. Find somewhere out here that's similar to what you're looking for. Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington...all of them have towns like what you're looking for, find a few and put in on the transfer list. Best option.

MetalUPSworkhorse

I think most people know that.

The best pension, can transfer.... everybody hates you.

:biggrin:
"they hate us cuz they ain't us"😂😂😂trust me it will be a hard pill to take if i make the move ,starting all over ,18 years of seniority gone ,but maybe this new contract will have some loop holes ,maybe part time friendly where i can demote myself ,and go in with my seniority as a part timer,and just wait till a spot opens up for pkg driver ,sooner than later ..and hopefully can dodge the 4 year progression for top rate ,since i've done it already ...let's see what new language the contract brings haha