UPS: tentative agreements were not ratified

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 35years, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

Yes, I need to put that verb down in my head so I can explain to union members what happen.

Ratify is informally accepting the contract but can change later.

Pass is formally accepting the contract AS-IS permanently.

I think Tyler drop the ball on that while it is an emotional roller coaster.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown Well-Known Member

Absolutely true, It did not pass and did not get voted down. It was ratified and imposed. Our leadership negotiated a contract and the majority of membership did not care enough to override their negotiated agreement. Seems so simple but people can’t accept reality.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown Well-Known Member

The members dropped the proverbial ball of anything.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The "members" are the ones who voted..the rest do know who they are..

5. I wonder if the union ratified cause the strike fund does not have any money

6. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You mean far too many trips to Vegas..Nay, it would be against the law. :rolleyes:

7. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Lol, dude it IS passed.

8. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

Quite the Opposite we need to fight to get everybody to be adults ans vote if anything fright showed the way on that. Yes, im aware there numbers are far far fewer than package. Still we need to learn from our past no matter how fresh or ancient. If anything this contest needs to be used as a Warning voice. We need to impress on the younger members never ever again, Next Election EVERY TEAMSTER VOTES! EVERY TEAMSTER HAS A VOICE, EACH AND EVERY TEAMSTER MATTERS, SO EVERYONE VOTES!!! Thats the lesson, thats our war cry.

9. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

10. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

Hoffa certainly does not have an issue "winning" an election with less than 2/3 of the vote.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

You do realize these same people that didnt vote come and go all the time. As well as imposing their hollow existence on the rest of us. Ya remain positive but dont fool yourself or others. This isnt over. If you listened to call they said they said they were going back under the table. If anything should be learned from this is that the members arent listened to
    and those that aren’t listening need to be eradicated from the brotherhood.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  12. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

That and about 6% more votes Nationally would have got it sent back to the table. You are only missing that 6%.

13. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Looking at the bottom line. Your vote note Facebook family of 20,000, The IBT’s vote push, UPS’s vote push, and your own local unions vote push plus The TDU/Teamster United and I don’t want to forget Wideloads HUGE contribution didn’t get enough people to vote. There is some good news to this equation though. All of these collectively were able to get 24% more votes that last contract. This is a moral victory. You deserve a pat on the back for voting. I personally thank you for your vote. Thank you for taking part in the process. Now enjoy your newly ratified contract.

14. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

It had something to to with the Teamster constitution, in case you missed it.

15. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

Bro, ever heard of time stamps? That was after Taylor announced they would go back to the table .... etc.. etc..

16. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Not enough of the people's votes were counted. Fixed it for you!

Until the lawsuit hits. It was never said nor eluded to that this was the final offer! Those two words, "final offer," will carry the day!

Dennis Taylor's next job will put him officially on the UPS payroll, no more money under the table or put into offshore bank accounts! Hoffa Jr. is done! He'll ride off into the sunset knowing he :censored2:ed 1/2 million UPS Teamsers!

17. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

Oh their go back just to make it look good but in the end we will be stuck with the same :censored2:

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I am guessing 46% of the voters don't agree with you.

19. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

No way your an agent or officer. The contract didn’t come close to passing. The word you’re looking for is “imposing”

verb (used with object), im·posed,im·pos·ing.
    1. to lay on or set as something to be borne, endured, obeyed, fulfilled, paid,etc.:to impose taxes.
    2. to put or set by or as if by authority:to impose one's personal preference on others.
    3. to obtrude or thrust (oneself, one'scompany, etc.) upon others.

20. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

But 54% totally agree.