UPS Towed My Car From Employee Parking Lot

A

anonymous6

Well what about the route cause of why they thought it was abandoned? Snow covered? covering plates? Customer counter parking?

It was properly parked. snow covered ( cause it snowed that day )

plates all legal. everything legal.

they were just too lazy to check who owned the car. how hard is that????

like I reported in my OP , have police run plates to get name of registered owner and then check if I worked there.

10 minutes TOPS/

I;m smelling conspiracy. can't wait till tomorrow to start asking questions.

pissedoffmanager

I dont think the cops would release who owned the car honestly

Drewed,

You must live in a dream world, you're arguing a point here and you might as well as bang your head against the wall. UPS had the car towed, they are just as liable as the towing company, no doubt about that. You're arguing about something that UPS is clearly 50% liable for, and yes LP can find the registration information either from the police directly or in almost every state find the information online for a small fee before the vehicle is towed.

Oh yes, and there is no such thing as a "route" cause of anything, unless you are talking about a "route" that a driver runs.

P

pickup

Drew, you been watching too many TV stories.

And while you honestly think UPS would find it easy to prove that he had not been taken care of the car, that is not what is at issue. They moved the car. They are responsible. Period. All this other nonsense is just that, nonsense. Smoke and mirrors.

You say you are part time in management? Boy, I bet there are a bunch of people that cant wait till you get full time.

They messed up, they are on the hook.

d

danny , in a court case, ups and/or towing company would be the defendant(s) and the burden of proof would be on the plaintiff, so ups would not have to prove he had not taken care of the car, but plantiff(orangeputeh) would have to prove that the actions taken damaged his 4 wheel drive.

P

pickup

danny , in a court case, ups and/or towing company would be the defendant(s) and the burden of proof would be on the plaintiff, so ups would not have to prove he had not taken care of the car, but plantiff(orangeputeh) would have to prove that the actions taken damaged his 4 wheel drive.

Steps he can take in a effort to prove his case are as follows . A written statement(notarized is even better) from a mechanic that towing this particular model of a subaru with its four wheel drive engaged can indeed lead the four wheel drive to be disabled. As well as a written statement from a mechanic that worked on his car in the past (hopefully on a regular basis) that the car was properly maintained and that at last check, the 4 wheel drive was working. All these statements should be on company letterhead.

A

anonymous6

the more research I do the more i see you are right. it might be too much to ask for UPS to do the right thing instead of going to court.

we'll see

I'm not the type to back down to avoid hassles.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Steps he can take in a effort to prove his case are as follows . A written statement(notarized is even better) from a mechanic that towing this particular model of a subaru with its four wheel drive engaged can indeed lead the four wheel drive to be disabled. As well as a written statement from a mechanic that worked on his car in the past (hopefully on a regular basis) that the car was properly maintained and that at last check, the 4 wheel drive was working. All these statements should be on company letterhead.

Mono Lisa Vito could help here...

gandydancer

This is a civil, not criminal case, and the standard of proof would be preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt. In the absence of any reply I don't see why orangeputeh's sworn statement wouldn't constitute a preponderance of the evidence. Filing in small claims will at least get management's attention and set a deadline. Otherwise he'll probably get put off forever.

rod

Retired 22 years
Stay on top of it orangputeh. Common sense says the towing company was notified when it shouldn't have been and also that you never tow a vehical that is locked in 4-wheek drive.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Drew

Was it you that called LP? From your defensive stance, it almost sounds like it.

As for the burden of proof, how do you want me to prove it. It was working when I drove it into work, now it isnt.

Same for damage to the body. What, you want me to show you photos of the car before damage was done? Sorry, I dont have the time to photograph my car each day on the way to work.

Sorry, UPS bought the car when they had it towed, illegally I might add.

d

Drew

Was it you that called LP? From your defensive stance, it almost sounds like it.
I was thinking the same thing Danny, either that or Drewed is just sooooo brown oriented he can't see the company ever being wrong. I should send him my ' Brown to the Bone" T-Shirt.

upsdude

Your car would have never been towed here. Local ordinances prohibit towing cars out of a lot that’s open to the public unless there are signs posted. The absence of any signs, other than “Fire Lane” and Handicap” makes our employee lot “Open to the Public”. Our lot is way too small, UPS did expand the lot late last year now they fill the expansion with empty trailers.

Your 4-wheel drive issue…….If the towing company used a flat bed they may have an out. Your wheels wouldn’t have reached enough speed to do any damage.

tieguy

Banned
I was parked in a legal spot in the employee lot. it's gonna be a real headache to go after the tow co. when UPS had no justification to tow it in the first place.

If you were legally parked then go to your boss and file an incident report for damage to your vehicle.

the question to ask though is why did he have you towed. Did you leave the vehicle sitting in the same spot for more then a couple of days?