UPS, UPSFreight Teamsters approved giving their respective negotiating committees the right to call

barnyard

KTM rider
They cannot release those numbers until after a tentative agreement is voted on and approved. If the vote numbers were released and they were hella low, UPS could use that against the union as a union busting move.

JustDeliverIt

They cannot release those numbers until after a tentative agreement is voted on and approved. If the vote numbers were released and they were hella low, UPS could use that against the union as a union busting move.

Never looked at it like that, very valid point. I guess all we can hope for is that the numbers were high and the good judgement is used when the contract and supplements come out.

35years

Gravy route
Just curious, in all the contracts between UPS and the Teamsters, has the membership ever voted NOT to give Teamster leadership strike authorization?
I believe we only started these strike preemptive authorizations in 1997.
93% is a huge margin.

I also believe that the membership has never voted down a contract proposal that the Union endorsed, and never voted yes on a proposal the Union opposed... nationwide.

So UPS would be well advised to work out a deal that the Union leadership can claim is a big win for the Union. There is a great deal of pressure for a good contract. Union leadership jobs are at stake. This is not an ordinary contract.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Better get some golf carts and pods, lotta high school kids looking for the easy money
upload_2018-6-7_0-52-21.jpeg
Yep... that should do the trick... SMH!!!