UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

Trucker Clock

WE ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE TOTAL SERVICE PLAN

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

And we never will. It was an unrealistic goal to start with.

It’s already being abandoned everywhere.

Carol Tome may be able to turn around a big box store, but she is in over her head to turn around a package delivery company.

She has already miserably failed at her job, and it continues to get worse.

Quit now and save some respect.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Carol Tome may be able to turn around a big box store, but she is in over her head to turn around a package delivery company.

I found the TSP to be very insulting

my supervisors asked me how many stops/hours I want.

( 8.5 hours / 125-140 depending on area etc)

we both signed off and agreed

….next day I worked 12 hrs …

SMH

the trust is gone

TIME TO STRIKE
✊🧔‍♂️

takesteady

Egress is a big one especially for inside employees. Although if you saw the inside of my packed out 1200 and 600 packages you might say it’s a problem for everyone.
At a certain point in the night the mfin trailer starts feeling like a tomb 😂

And if you stop the belt to clear egress your sup is liable to blow a gasket haha

Pullman Brown

Operations understands the reality and moving pieces of the company so much better than corporate I.E. etc… not to mention there( corporate) plans dismiss the contractual agreements that we have so it was a plan that should have never been implemented! Corporate has very minimal understanding of the reasons for staffing issues, why drivers can’t qualify, mechanical issues with trucks etc.. It’s - here’s your budget don’t go over it!

Box Ox

And if you stop the belt to clear egress your sup is liable to blow a gasket haha

There are few things more satisfying for an experienced preloader than inviting a supervisor to enter a conflict with them over workspace safety after the supervisor has already :censored2: a brick over the belt stopping due to lack of egress.

Thebrownblob

I found the TSP to be very insulting

my supervisors asked me how many stops/hours I want.

( 8.5 hours / 125-140 depending on area etc)

we both signed off and agreed

….next day I worked 12 hrs …

SMH

the trust is gone

TIME TO STRIKE
✊🧔‍♂️
They already admitted it’s a failure, i’m trying to figure out when They even tried?

Thebrownblob

@UpstateNYUPSer(Ret) says she’s doing a great job….😂

Integrity

Binge Poster
They’ll be in my building soon I will ask why there’s not water in the truck at 50° I bet they laugh at me.
Instead of asking that would you be willing to ask the following:

You can start off with something like this:

In an effort to prevent heat related illnesses and injuries to UPS Drivers while on route I have a few questions:

1. Is it an OSHA requirement that UPS Driver’s have access to potable drinking water that is fresh, pure, suitably cool and it be provided free of charge while they are out on their delivery route for the day?

2. Since it is a requirement that the water shall be located as close as practicable to the areas where employees are working and for the UPS Package Car Driver the Package Car is the obvious practical area to locate the drinking water and since drinking water is not plumbed or otherwise continuously supplied on a UPS Package Car; is UPS required to supply a sufficient quantity of drinking water at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift?

3. What are the OSHA accepted means for UPS to supply a sufficient quantity of drinking water on a UPS Package Car at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift?

If you do ask them, please ask the OSHA compliance officer exactly as the are written and please write down exactly what they say.

Let me know if you are willing to do this.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

In an effort to prevent heat related illnesses and injuries to UPS Drivers while on route I have a few questions:

1. Is it an OSHA requirement that UPS Driver’s have access to potable drinking water that is fresh, pure, suitably cool and it be provided free of charge while they are out on their delivery route for the day?

2. Since it is a requirement that the water shall be located as close as practicable to the areas where employees are working and for the UPS Package Car Driver the Package Car is the obvious practical area to locate the drinking water and since drinking water is not plumbed or otherwise continuously supplied on a UPS Package Car; is UPS required to supply a sufficient quantity of drinking water at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift?

3. What are the OSHA accepted means for UPS to supply a sufficient quantity of drinking water on a UPS Package Car at the beginning of the work shift to provide one quart per employee per hour for drinking for the entire shift?

If you do ask them, please ask the OSHA compliance officer exactly as the are written and please write down exactly what they say.

Why have you not done this?

Thebrownblob

We shall see, generally speaking when they come they’re not looking to answer questions they’re looking to ask.

Thebrownblob

Just a suggested alternative approach to a question he stated he was going to ask this coming week when OSHA Compliance Officers are scheduled to talk with him.

Our is not having a visit from OSHA yet.
Have you ever had one or been involved in one? They aren’t generally question and answer sessions. They come with a specific set of reasons and they do not deviate much. Nor do they appreciate you deviating.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We shall see, generally speaking when they come they’re not looking to answer questions they’re looking to ask.
I was given opportunity to speak and ask any questions. Maybe you won’t have the same opportunity.

You did say you were going to ask a question, just wanted to give you an alternate approach to the question you said you were going to ask.

Thebrownblob

I was given opportunity to speak and ask any questions. Maybe you won’t have the same opportunity.

You did say you were going to ask a question, just wanted to give you an alternate approach to the question you said you were going to ask.
I was being tongue-in-cheek, having been through a few of them I know exactly what they’re going to say. And everyone of your questions will not be answered directly. They may send correspondence later or they may levy a fine against UPS that you may or may not know about. There are many side agreements with large companies like UPS who do not have to strictly follow every rule. Does that feel or seem safe or reasonable?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have you ever had one or been involved in one? They aren’t generally question and answer sessions. They come with a specific set of reasons and they do not deviate much. Nor do they appreciate you deviating.
Yes. I was given the opportunity to speak and ask questions.

However they did know that I was the person who filed the formal complaint?

I think you should be able to smooth your way into getting questions asked.

At another time I was interviewed for a different complaint and I also had no problem asking questions.

Thebrownblob

Yes. I was given the opportunity to speak and ask questions.

However they did know that I was the person who filed the formal complaint?

I think you should be able to smooth your way into getting questions asked.

At another time I was interviewed for a different complaint and I also had no problem asking questions.
Again did they answer them? Most likely gave you a rubber stamp answer and nothing changed. This is typical with government agencies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was being tongue-in-cheek, having been through a few of them I know exactly what they’re going to say. And everyone of your questions will not be answered directly. They may send correspondence later or they may levy a fine against UPS that you may or may not know about. There are many side agreements with large companies like UPS who do not have to strictly follow every rule. Does that feel or seem safe or reasonable?
Understood but

Can you just ask the questions exactly as written and write down exactly what is said?

I’d certainly appreciate it.