UPSer's, daylight until 5:27pm now

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to love the dark- especially if it was lightly snowing. Not 8 or 9 o'clock dark but 5 to 7 dark. After dark if I went any slower I'd be going backwards. It made a difference knowing everybody, every home, kid names and their dogs names on my route.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I used to love the dark- especially if it was lightly snowing. Not 8 or 9 o'clock dark but 5 to 7 dark. After dark if I went any slower I'd be going backwards. It made a difference knowing everybody, every home, kid names and their dogs names on my route.
Yes, I agree! Yet the poor troops today work after 8pm a lot times a year. Dark in our day was kinda fun back in the 80's & 90's.

sikidiki

I was spoiled when i started ups, i was out until 9-10pm my first couple days and it still wasnt completely dark. Then peak came and it was dark at 4:45 and i still had so much left, I had to use a flashlight to confirm each address pretty much because i was new to every route they put me on. Now i know ill never be out until dark for the remainder of the year and my flashlight can retire.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I always loved when it changed from dark to daylight in the evening. Just a little over a month and it'll be dark after 7pm.
All depends on where you are. Drivers nearest the western edge of their respective time zones have it best, if you desire evening sunlight.

Today for example, Western IN sunset will be 6:12 PM, whereas New York City sunset occurs at 5:17 PM.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
All depends on where you are. Drivers nearest the western edge of their respective time zones have it best, if you desire evening sunlight.

Today for example, Western IN sunset will be 6:12 PM, whereas New York City sunset occurs at 5:17 PM.
cbww.gif

Fascinating, do you have other examples of this ?

upschuck

Some parts, if not all, of Indiana didn't switch times, always stayed EST, so sometimes they were with the other eastern time zones, and sometimes with the central time zones.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I could tell you how tough we had it back in the old days but it would be unbelievable to the young whipper snappers today.
Yup, for example, he had to deal with this:

torch.gif

Instead of today's LED flashlight that I got for under $4

images.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
That’s gotta be wild if you live in one time zone, and work in another time zone. Right on the border of two time zones.
I had one small town that the telephone area code was split right down the middle of the Main Street. It was a long distance call to call across the street. This was pre-cell phone so it was a real problem. There was a lot of hollaring across the street.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had one small town that the telephone area code was split right down the middle of the Main Street. It was a long distance call to call across the street. This was pre-cell phone so it was a real problem. There was a lot of hollaring across the street.

I used to live right next to the county line. 100 yards away was long distance.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Man you just fart sunshine now don’t you...Get that crap outta here
I dunno, the OP has a point...

They just laid off my supplemental driver... I'm back to 160+ miles a day instead of 80-90 miles during peak season

tenor.gif