UPSer's, daylight until 5:27pm now

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Getting closer to the summer solstice where we experience the longest daylight of the year. We start losing 1 minute of daylight daily until the winter solstice where yhe opposite happens. Pretty soon it won't get dark until 9:30 or so which is great. That means more daylight when I am fishing in the evening.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Getting closer to the summer solstice where we experience the longest daylight of the year. We start losing 1 minute of daylight daily until the winter solstice where yhe opposite happens. Pretty soon it won't get dark until 9:30 or so which is great. That means more daylight when I am fishing in the evening.
It's amazing how much less I care about working til 7 pm when it's not dark til after 9

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
DEBBIE DOWNER!
hillary-clinton-health-illness-balance-ms-7.jpg

OrionsBitch

Not...
I had to deliver in the dark last Monday. Punched out at 9:50pm. Was just a little :censored2: with my dispatch.
It's unbelievable this still happens. This is where the Union needs to do something. If we work past 7:00 it should be triple time. It's about time this company actually puts the employee and their families first. People should be on their way home around 6-6:30 unless it's peak season.

OrionsBitch

Not...
This is the flip side of it.

While I don't mind delivering in the dark in November or December. In June or July is pisses me off to no end
Nothing worse than walking up to someone's house and seeing them grilling in the backyard having a good old time. Then they come up to you and say "Why the heck are you working so late?!"

That's a great :censored2:ing question lol

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's unbelievable this still happens. This is where the Union needs to do something. If we work past 7:00 it should be triple time. It's about time this company actually puts the employee and their families first. People should be on their way home around 6-6:30 unless it's peak season.
UPS might do it if y'all agreed to a cut in compensation.
The expense to do that will be very expensive in costs for buildings and vehicles. It would also take a period of time to implement ... at least 6 months.

OrionsBitch

Not...
UPS might do it if y'all agreed to a cut in compensation.
The expense to do that will be very expensive in costs for buildings and vehicles. It would also take a period of time to implement ... at least 6 months.
Stfu....UPS made 16 billion is a single quarter. My center has 10 package cars sitting in the fence every day. It doesn't cost a billion dollars to hire 5 more drivers and staff them on base routes every day.

brownIEman

Stfu....UPS made 16 billion is a single quarter. My center has 10 package cars sitting in the fence every day. It doesn't cost a billion dollars to hire 5 more drivers and staff them on base routes every day.

Well, actually, if you do the quick tough math 5 drivers per center X 2000 centers give or take, times $100k per driver give or take,. Would be right at a billion.

And not for nothing but UPS has never made a profit of 16b in a any two years, much less in a single quarter

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Was over 9.5 all four days so far this week. Will opt in to the 9.5 list this morning. Can't wait to here them whining.
The look is priceless.
Was over 9.5 all four days so far this week. Will opt in to the 9.5 list this morning. Can't wait to here them whining.
No better way to end a week long screwing than with a 9.5 grievance . Ruins their whole weekend.

OrionsBitch

Not...
The look is priceless.

No better way to end a week long screwing than with a 9.5 grievance . Ruins their whole weekend.
I had 18 late air today lol told them they loaded it MFL and I couldn't get to it before I left. They looked at me dumb founded and I said see ya later. I'll call once it's late. And that's exactly what I did lol

Only wish I could have heard the ass chewing my center manager probably got from the District