Veteran's Day

oldngray

nowhere special
If memory serves me right I think you had to do it in under 14 minutes to pass. Not as easy as it sounds wearing combat boots.
Those combat boots were awful. Kind of OK for marching and kind of OK for running but overall sucked at everything.

Serf

If memory serves me right I think you had to do it in under 14 minutes to pass. Not as easy as it sounds wearing combat boots.
Yeah, any higher than a low 14 minute time you had better max out your push-ups and sit-ups otherwise overall score would suffer. Never had to do it in boots though!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah, any higher than a low 14 minute time you had better max out your push-ups and sit-ups otherwise overall score would suffer. Never had to do it in boots though!
They quit doing it in boots back in 1982 because they felt it was causing an increase in injuries vs training in running shoes.

Sportello

Banned
Dr7ak2HVYAA3QGI.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
No tennis shoes for us back then. We also had KP and cleaned our own barracks. I guess now days all that kind of work is contracted out to civilians. Even the military has gotten soft.