VOTE "YES"

Hannah-banana

I went to a 4 hour meeting about this contract today. I honestly think it's good, and I am grateful for the work that my union has done on it.

I am struggling to survive on 3 minimum wage, part time, hard jobs. I want to drive on whatever day of the week. I want the overtime, the benefits, the pension.

I am grateful to my union for this. I'll be voting yes.

You guys who think this contract is bad, what do think is bad about it exactly ?

Box Ox

I went to a 4 hour meeting about this contract today. I honestly think it's good, and I am grateful for the work that my union has done on it.

I am struggling to survive on 3 minimum wage, part time, hard jobs. I want to drive on whatever day of the week. I want the overtime, the benefits, the pension.

You guys who think this contract is bad, what do think is bad about it exactly ?

Go 22.4, try climbing in and out of package cars for 60+hours a week year-round and don’t say we didn’t warn ya.

Ghost in the Darkness

Wow, what a dumb reason to vote yes in the original post. So you screw everyone else as you head out the door.
We get the stuff delivered, we do the work. Without us this company is nothing. Vote NO!!

BrownRecycler

Wow, what a dumb reason to vote yes in the original post. So you screw everyone else as you head out the door.
We get the stuff delivered, we do the work. Without us this company is nothing. Vote NO!!

This is what your Me, Myself, and I telling you not what the interest of other. Don't shame people for voting. Everyone will NOT have everyone's best interest.

saintrick

Drivers should make driver rate.

Ghost in the Darkness

I know there are people who think ups is a charity and donate their time on a daily basis. Some are just scared of the bully management tactics... and some just buy hook line and sinker anything the union tells you is good for you.
If you can't communicate a coherent thought then its no wondered you missed the union tough talk before negotiations... what went on during... and the big pile of turd they came away with. I've worked for this company a long time, for the effort that we give on a daily basis we deserve better.

F

Frankie's Friend

Toot toot.

Daf

Technology and discipline section of the master agreement. Basically the company can start making up reports and get anyone fired. We all know how inaccurate their technology is. Apparently our union leaders don’t understand that. They are too far removed from the backstabbing management.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Just read through any of the threads over the last few months regarding the contract, you'll get an idea of what's wrong with the it, and almost no real answers to the problems that have been brought up. If your situation is so desperate that the 22.4 position is your best bet for a better life, I wouldn't blame you for voting yes. Those of us voting no are probably comfortable enough that we can afford to take on the fight to make sure everyone gets the best deal we can get.

22.4 may seem like a good deal now, but when you're out there doing the same work as the rpcd's for $6 less an hour, and the company just doesn't seem to be filling vacant rpcd slots any time soon, you may wish you had stuck out the hard life a little longer. Just some food for thought.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.
I couldn't ageee more UPS prepared longer and harder they really did there homework. The unfortunate reality is that a no vote now can only harm us both individual as locals and collectively as a Union, what is left of our Union at UPS, so reluctantly and with a five year opportunity to prepare for work elsewere. Im voting

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Just read through any of the threads over the last few months regarding the contract, you'll get an idea of what's wrong with the it, and almost no real answers to the problems that have been brought up. If your situation is so desperate that the 22.4 position is your best bet for a better life, I wouldn't blame you for voting yes. Those of us voting no are probably comfortable enough that we can afford to take on the fight to make sure everyone gets the best deal we can get.

22.4 may seem like a good deal now, but when you're out there doing the same work as the rpcd's for $6 less an hour, and the company just doesn't seem to be filling vacant rpcd slots any time soon, you may wish you had stuck out the hard life a little longer. Just some food for thought.
I was once that guy working multiple jobs, no time, etc... yes i went driving while it was the sacrifice i made for the family, there not more than 4 months that goes by that my wife apologizes. Once i make that kind of decision im not one to look back, hold it over others, or be bitter. That being said the two weeks between me signing the bid sheet and accepting my fate. Was some of the most contentious anger filled painfully awful discussions in my marriage. It almost not only destroyed my family it almost put all the adults in the house in jail for assault, yes it was in fact that bad. That being said being a 22.4 would totally test my moral fabric. Lets put it this way not a chance would i be a 22.4 with what ive been though at UPS. No way would i endure that amount of ......whatever i loce respect and value myself more than that

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was once that guy working multiple jobs, no time, etc... yes i went driving while it was the sacrifice i made for the family, there not more than 4 months that goes by that my wife apologizes. Once i make that kind of decision im not one to look back, hold it over others, or be bitter. That being said the two weeks between me signing the bid sheet and accepting my fate. Was some of the most contentious anger filled painfully awful discussions in my marriage. It almost not only destroyed my family it almost put all the adults in the house in jail for assault, yes it was in fact that bad. That being said being a 22.4 would totally test my moral fabric. Lets put it this way not a chance would i be a 22.4 with what ive been though at UPS. No way would i endure that amount of ......whatever i loce respect and value myself more than that

I think you wanted to reply to @Hannah-banana because you're preaching to the choir with me. Amen and hallelujah! I almost didn't go driving because of the long wait, the fact that I really liked my full time job at the time, the long progression, and because it would actually set me back two years financially. I just hit top rate, but I have two more years to go before I break even. I'm about 99.9% positive I would have passed on a 22.4 position.

Hannah-banana

I understand that the 22.4 job will be a human meat grinder. But I work 14hr days, 6 days a week, at 3 jobs now for 11.50 per hr with no benefits and no overtime. All 3 are heavy manual labor.

So for me, all that would change is going to 1 job instead of 3, have awesome benefits, pension, 401K and make way more money.

22.4s can also move up to become regular drivers eventually, with the higher rate and 8 hour protection.

I have not seen any other job that offers anything close to this good.

Smashmouth

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.

So if you plan on moving on to a different career, why not vote no and see what happens, you apparently aren't going to be around for all the "fire and brimstone" you're predicting anyway. All the things you said you believe about your union are lies only because of people like you in the union. The leaders who are like you are rolling over for a :censored2: contract and you're following their lead. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!! NOTHING GOOD IS EVER FREE! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT!

F

Frankie's Friend

I understand that the 22.4 job will be a human meat grinder.

I have not seen any other job that offers anything close to this good.
Which is it?

Btw: there's a job that's in limbo, just waiting for you folks to sign up for...

Full time Package Car Driver.
It will pay over $40/hr after 4 yrs.
Ever heard of it?

If the 22.4 job gets voted out the company will be hiring them instead of this grade B opening.

If your family is on the brink of incarceration like Jack Ryan's was you may choose to hold out for the better job.
20180507_234539.jpg

Hannah-banana

So if you plan on moving on to a different career, why not vote no and see what happens, you apparently aren't going to be around for all the "fire and brimstone" you're predicting anyway. All the things you said you believe about your union are lies only because of people like you in the union. The leaders who are like you are rolling over for a :censored2: contract and you're following their lead. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!! NOTHING GOOD IS EVER FREE! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT!

I'm all for standing up together to improve our lives. What could we improve by voting no? I'm concerned that the deal would get worse.

Maybe that's always the game with these contract negotiations. It's my first time with this .

With the way things are for most of the work force outside of UPS though, it seems a little bit entitled and ungrateful to be this outraged with this contract. But I am new so I don't have the same perspective .