VOTE "YES"

Really?
Bid the routes. Force from the bottom.
UPS probably will scrap weekend deliveries. Because it’s not working very well. Do you not want growth? If I am a shipper and I can get weekend deliveries all around the country with the competition, why would i ship with UPS on Thursdays or Fridays?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
UPS probably will scrap weekend deliveries. Because it’s not working very well. Do you not want growth? If I am a shipper and I can get weekend deliveries all around the country with the competition, why would i ship with UPS on Thursdays or Fridays?

They are not scrapping Saturday and will be adding Sunday in the next few years.

So, now I’m a shipper that has to ship with the competition Thursday and Friday. Because my customers want their stuff ASAP.

Now the competition will pick up on Saturday and Sunday? Then the competition can slowly

Box Ox

They scrapped adding weekends all over the country, for now.

Sure, why wouldn't they? They would've had to go ahead and hire RPCDs and not lower-paid and unprotected 22.4s. Once the Contract passes the Company will have a lot more freedom to open weekends back up.

Sure, why wouldn't they? They would've had to go ahead and hire RPCDs and not lower-paid and unprotected 22.4s. Once the Contract passes the Company will have a lot more freedom to open weekends back up.
They will just have a little more freedom for weekends. The will never have the freedom the competition has.

Everyone on here says ups is losing their ass on weekends now. Do you think they will open weekends up everywhere while they lose their ass? Saturday air isn’t even everywhere.

Box Ox

Do you think they will open weekends up everywhere while they lose their ass? Saturday air isn’t even everywhere.

Sure. Just because they're losing their ass right now doesn't mean they will post-Contract passage. They'll be able to cut most, if not all Saturday air drivers and cram in what would have otherwise been RPCD volume for Mondays over the weekend.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
They will just have a little more freedom for weekends. The will never have the freedom the competition has.

Everyone on here says ups is losing their ass on weekends now. Do you think they will open weekends up everywhere while they lose their ass? Saturday air isn’t even everywhere.

UPS is losing money on Saturday? You would think with all the routes that are cut on Monday they would be on the plus side.

LagunaBrown

This is true. The problem I see with it is that there will never be any new RPCD openings no matter how much volume we get. They will fill them when a driver retires but not create any new ones. So it’s a “NO” for me.
They will only hire as many 22.4’s as they have routes on Saturday otherwise the guaranteed hours come into play. Cars on road is also a big factor into the equation. The RPCD’s jobs can
Great so after 6-10 years of 22.4 they will finally get a chance at RPCD at top driver rate.
Well we hired a ton of RPCD to work T-S and they all bitched about the schedule. The company wanted to screw up the 5 consecutive 8 hour language and have guys taking days off during the week. The 22.4 was created to do the work on Saturday and protect 5 consecutive M-friend workweek schedule for RPCD's that no one wanted and now your saying you want it back the way it was.

Hannah-banana

Which is it?

It's both. I am currently working to the point of collapse everyday and I'm in poverty. So what I mean is that I understand that the 22.4 position will be brutal. But I will get so much more for it than what I'm doing now

I also think it might get me into full time sooner because they will have to add a lot of weekend routes..

Without this contract it will take me 6 years to get to full time. Now they saying 2 years.

So even 5 years on 22.4 before moving up to regular driver would be wonderful for me. I can't survive my current situation 6 years.

It's both. I am currently working to the point of collapse everyday and I'm in poverty. So what I mean is that I understand that the 22.4 position will be brutal. But I will get so much more for it than what I'm doing now

I also think it might get me into full time sooner because they will have to add a lot of weekend routes..

Without this contract it will take me 6 years to get to full time. Now they saying 2 years.

So even 5 years on 22.4 before moving up to regular driver would be wonderful for me. I can't survive my current situation 6 years.
Depending on where you are, if you don’t have Saturday ground yet. You may become an RPCD because first because of increased retirements. Maybe within a year.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Well we hired a ton of RPCD to work T-S and they all bitched about the schedule. The company wanted to screw up the 5 consecutive 8 hour language and have guys taking days off during the week. The 22.4 was created to do the work on Saturday and protect 5 consecutive M-friend workweek schedule for RPCD's that no one wanted and now your saying you want it back the way it was.

Yes.
Somebody is going to have work Saturday might has well be at driver pay.

I would take a split work week for $6.00 more an hour over two consecutive days off. I think most would.

Yes.
Somebody is going to have work Saturday might has well be at driver pay.

I would take a split work week for $6.00 more an hour over two consecutive days off. I think most would.
You weren’t at the negotiating table, were you? What did the company want? That’s how a negotiation works.

542thruNthru

I'll find the section and article numbers when I get a chance later. It was my understanding that 22.4s will have first dibs on bidding for regular driver routes as they become available.

Yes that is true.

This is not true. It will depend on your supplement.

Screenshot_20180813-103329.png

In my supplement it will still go by seniority. 22.4 will not jump ahead of PT workers with more company seniority.

Hannah-banana

Depending on where you are, if you don’t have Saturday ground yet. You may become an RPCD because first because of increased retirements. Maybe within a year.
I'm at a smaller center in northwest Washington. No Saturdays yet. I really feel that many people in the IBT care and are trying their best. I am grateful

I'm at a smaller center in northwest Washington. No Saturdays yet. I really feel that many people in the IBT care and are trying their best. I am grateful
Great, so once retiree healthcare gets improved you will see more people retiring. I’ll bet you go driveing before Saturday ground get implemented.

542thruNthru

So by company seniority in your area. So only a longer term part timer who past on a 22.4 job can get the job.

A 22.4 or PT can get a RPCD position. It will go to whoever has the most seniority. So if the PT loader has 10 years and the 22.4 has 8 years. The PT loader will get the RPCD position.