VOTE "YES"

Ghost in the Darkness

This wasn't even about money... we wanted better working conditions. 2 of them being safety related... we work for a company that says safety is a priority. The union caved on 70hr workweeks for peak, deliveries after 2100 and management can pretty much harass us for bs telematic reports.
The union has failed to represent us plain and simple. Vote NO!!!

born2Bwild

I went to a 4 hour meeting about this contract today. I honestly think it's good, and I am grateful for the work that my union has done on it.

I am struggling to survive on 3 minimum wage, part time, hard jobs. I want to drive on whatever day of the week. I want the overtime, the benefits, the pension.

I am grateful to my union for this. I'll be voting yes.

You guys who think this contract is bad, what do think is bad about it exactly ?

I’m going for no vote largely for the benefit of the future generations of drivers like you. I want you to make as much as I am and more and to have the same benefits that I do. The 97 strike seniors drivers did the same for me so I am reflecting their good deeds to others

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Locally, all of our FT jobs are posted bi-annually and we can bid on any, including feeders, assuming you are qualified. 22.4 would be a stepping-stone into a RPCD position.
This is true. The problem I see with it is that there will never be any new RPCD openings no matter how much volume we get. They will fill them when a driver retires but not create any new ones. So it’s a “NO” for me.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So if you plan on moving on to a different career, why not vote no and see what happens, you apparently aren't going to be around for all the "fire and brimstone" you're predicting anyway. All the things you said you believe about your union are lies only because of people like you in the union. The leaders who are like you are rolling over for a :censored2: contract and you're following their lead. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!! NOTHING GOOD IS EVER FREE! YOU HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT!

Similar to what Reagan said.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

I don't care if you don't want the hassle of fighting for this, for yourself. You're fighting for every single worker who will work at UPS later on. This is a worthwhile fight, and it's more important than any one of us.

That's what is at stake, here. This is our turn. We've got a choice, and we had better make sure we choose wisely.

I agree with Smashmouth.
Regardless of whether or not we can win this, I'm making a stand. Will you?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
I'm all for standing up together to improve our lives. What could we improve by voting no? I'm concerned that the deal would get worse.

Maybe that's always the game with these contract negotiations. It's my first time with this .

With the way things are for most of the work force outside of UPS though, it seems a little bit entitled and ungrateful to be this outraged with this contract. But I am new so I don't have the same perspective .

The new 22.4 position will not get you to FT any quicker then the way it is right now.

It will just pay you less and not provide any excessive OT protection in a job that some you may get stuck in for many years. Their will be a back log of current RPCD who are Tue-Sat who's jobs are not protected and do not have to be filled that will take all of the RPCD jobs that open.

jaker

trolling
The new 22.4 position will not get you to FT any quicker then the way it is right now.

It will just pay you less and not provide any excessive OT protection in a job that some you may get stuck in for many years. Their will be a back log of current RPCD who are Tue-Sat who's jobs are not protected and do not have to be filled that will take all of the RPCD jobs that open.
It will take a very long time to become a driver because there won't be a need for a new RPCD

Just read through any of the threads over the last few months regarding the contract, you'll get an idea of what's wrong with the it, and almost no real answers to the problems that have been brought up. If your situation is so desperate that the 22.4 position is your best bet for a better life, I wouldn't blame you for voting yes. Those of us voting no are probably comfortable enough that we can afford to take on the fight to make sure everyone gets the best deal we can get.

22.4 may seem like a good deal now, but when you're out there doing the same work as the rpcd's for $6 less an hour, and the company just doesn't seem to be filling vacant rpcd slots any time soon, you may wish you had stuck out the hard life a little longer. Just some food for thought.
You aren’t getting a better deal. Stop running from ghosts.

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Always the option for a wildcat strike. ;)

If the people vote overwhelmingly against the contract, there'd be hell to pay for ramming it through, anyway.

Still don't get why you'd vote yes. You're just making things worse.
I'm voting no, and I'm still pretty dang confident we'll win.
Or a good old fashioned, as the British call it, "A go slow"

Time for change

Sounds like TonyQ logic. We will turn out and vote no like never before seen on a contract vote here. It may or may not be good enough, but it will likely be very close and we need the NO votes.

Which is it?

Btw: there's a job that's in limbo, just waiting for you folks to sign up for...

Full time Package Car Driver.
It will pay over $40/hr after 4 yrs.
Ever heard of it?

If the 22.4 job gets voted out the company will be hiring them instead of this grade B opening.

If your family is on the brink of incarceration like Jack Ryan's was you may choose to hold out for the better job.
View attachment 206945
What is your solution for working weekends? UPS won’t use continue using full time package car drivers for long. They will come up with their own solution.

We have a “letter of agreement “ that will help ones on the edge retirement decide to take that step.

F

Frankie's Friend

What is your solution for working weekends? UPS won’t use continue using full time package car drivers for long. They will come up with their own solution.

We have a “letter of agreement “ that will help ones on the edge retirement decide to take that step.

Really?
Bid the routes. Force from the bottom.

LagunaBrown

Locally, all of our FT jobs are posted bi-annually and we can bid on any, including feeders, assuming you are qualified. 22.4 would be a stepping-stone into a RPCD position.
This is correct and it’s important to mention their22.4 progression accrued counts towards their RPCD progression.