Wage progression update.

sportsjock

Don't/ or didn't you start at $16.10 and once you pass your 30 days and make seniority you are bumped to $17.25?

Sent using BrownCafe App

sportsjock

Man this is some craziness! Our progression drivers are wearing our center manager out about their pay. The center manager is so stressed out he has the union and the drivers hounding him. It was funny yesterday I was sitting in the office and one if the rookies came in and asked the center manager do you have an update on my pay. The look in the center manager's face was priceless.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jasoonis

I was told by my center manager and Steward that I do not receive the .70 raise because I am under the old contract and the 3 year progression. I am making 17.25 currently, my seniority date is July 2013.

Sent using BrownCafe App

saintrick

I was told by my center manager and Steward that I do not receive the .70 raise because I am under the old contract and the 3 year progression. I am making 17.25 currently, my seniority date is July 2013.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Some on here will tell you otherwise but your center manager and Steward are correct.

You fall under the 3 year progression because you entered the job prior to 8/1/13

You do not get the GWI (ever) because you attained seniority after 8/1/13.
(if you fall under a supplement where your seniority date is the first day worked once you complete 30 days)

Quigley

Some on here will tell you otherwise but your center manager and Steward are correct.

You fall under the 3 year progression because you entered the job prior to 8/1/13

You do not get the GWI (ever) because you attained seniority after 8/1/13.
(if you fall under a supplement where your seniority date is the first day worked once you complete 30 days)
And once again you give the wrong advice. If you are under the 3 year progression, your seniority date is prior to Aug 1, therefore you get the .70.
If you are under the 4 year progression you do not get the .70

Quigley

Sent using BrownCafe App
Talk to the BA. Tell him/her they cant have it both ways. Either you are under the old contract and 3 year progression in which case you get the .70. Or you are under the new contract, 4 year progression in which case you get the new rate and no .70. But you cant be on both 3 year and 4 year progresssion.

saintrick

And once again you give the wrong advice. If you are under the 3 year progression, your seniority date is prior to Aug 1, therefore you get the .70.
If you are under the 4 year progression you do not get the .70

Not going to argue with you again about it. The poster can read the language and make his own decision.

He entered the job prior to 8/1 but attained seniority after. If you will just read the language for what it says its really not that hard.

Why he does not get the GWI
All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
2013 will receive the following general wage increases for
each contract year. (The GWI)

Why he is 3 year progression and not 4 year.
(c.) The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2008 2013 shall
be as follows: (4year progression)

Quigley

You are right he can make his own decision . He can either fight for whats right and and get the money he deserves, or he can follow your advice do nothing and take it up the ass. His choice. And how you can beleive that someone can be on the 3 year progression when it comes to wage rate, and 4 year progression when it comes to GWI, is beyound me.

saintrick

You are right he can make his own decision . He can either fight for whats right and and get the money he deserves, or he can follow your advice do nothing and take it up the ass. His choice. And how you can beleive that someone can be on the 3 year progression when it comes to wage rate, and 4 year progression when it comes to GWI, is beyound me.

It's not about whats right. It's about what the language says.

What do you suggest he argue? This just like progression drivers getting the new hire rates is a dead issue.

Not sure what you mean with being in the 3 and 4 year progression.
He is in the 3 year and will receive the GWI's once he makes top rate.

Quigley

It's not about whats right. It's about what the language says.

What do you suggest he argue? This just like progression drivers getting the new hire rates is a dead issue.

Not sure what you mean with being in the 3 and 4 year progression.
He is in the 3 year and will receive the GWI's once he makes top rate.
I mean anybody thats in the 3 year progression gets GWI. According to you he is in the 4 year progression when it comes to the GWI. You cant be in both.

And by the way the new rate is not a dead issue yet.

Quigley

This is what we disagree on. Your point seems to be since he didnt attain seniority till after Aug 1 then he doesnt get the GWI. Even though his seniority date is July 2013. If that was true then he has to be on a 4 year progression and therefore be on the new pay rate. You cant argue that he cant have the new payrate because he is on the old progression rate and then claim he cant have the GWI because he is on the new progression rate because he didnt attain seniority till after Aug 1.

Quigley

They said once I get Top Rate I will receive the GWI raise.

Sent using BrownCafe App
All I can say is they are wrong. Have them explaing this lauguage in the contract:
2013 seventy cents ($0.70)
2014 seventy cents ($0.70)
2015 seventy cents ($0.70)
2016 eighty cents ($0.80)
2017 one dollar ($1.00)
Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.

Notice it says "still in progression" not when you reach top rate.

UPS WORKHORSE

Did anyone else notice on that fax it says contract implementation April 25, 2014? Wouldn't that mean if you entered a driving position prior to April 25, 2014 you would be under the old contract with a 3 year probation since the new contract wasn't implemented yet?

Quigley

Did anyone else notice on that fax it says contract implementation April 25, 2014? Wouldn't that mean if you entered a driving position prior to April 25, 2014 you would be under the old contract with a 3 year probation since the new contract wasn't implemented yet?
I know there are grievences filed over this. One argument is that since the contract didnt end on July 31st, but was in fact extended, then any new driver who went full time prior to April 25th should be under the old contract.
The other argument is since the new contract is retroactive to Aug 1, then everything is retroactive back to Aug 1.
It will be interesting to see how this will turn out. Personally I'm glad I'm not making that decision since I can see both sides of this argument.

UPS WORKHORSE

Nope. The contract will be backdated to August 1.

http://teamster.org/content/teamsters-ups-agree-extend-current-ups-national-contract
"The Teamsters Union and UPS have agreed to an extension of the current UPS National Master Agreement and all Supplements, Riders and Addenda. The extension does not have a specific end date, but can be terminated by either side with a 30-day notice.

This means that all of the current Agreements will remain in place until the Supplements that did not receive a majority of votes have been re-voted and agreed to. Any increases in wages, pensions and health and welfare contributions that were agreed to in the new National Master Agreement will be made retroactively to August 1, 2013 but will not take effect until the Supplements have been re-voted and agreed to."

Sounds to me that the then current agreement said 3 year progression and it wasn't until April 25, 2014 that the new contract was implemented. All it says is wages will be made retroactive. Not the rest of the contract. It was extended, which included a 3 year progression. Remember our new contract was only tentative, until all the supplements passed, not enforced. UPS and the IBT only agreed to make wages and some other benefits retroactive.