Wage progression update.

UPS WORKHORSE

If the contract did indeed start on 4/25/14 we would have only received retro from that date.

The contract will be backdated to 8/1/13.

Thanks for playing.

If that's the case, then there would have been no need for UPS and the IBT to have agreed to make benefits retroactive to August 1, 2013. They had to agree to that because the current contract wasn't implemented yet. We voted yes for the new contract, but it couldn't be implemented until all the supplements passed (or in this case, bypassed).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not the first time a contract has been extended and retro pay and benefits paid out. The one difference between our situation and other contract extensions is our wage progression.

The contract will be dated 1 Aug 13 and any attempt to argue that is a waste of time.

UPS WORKHORSE

This is not the first time a contract has been extended and retro pay and benefits paid out. The one difference between our situation and other contract extensions is our wage progression.

The contract will be dated 1 Aug 13 and any attempt to argue that is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time to try and get $20,000 extra dollars. There's something wrong with you to think so. If you were in the same situation you sure as hell would fight for that money. Your opinion is a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok, everybody just stop arguing. UpstateNYUPSer HAS SPOKEN!!!!
We all know he has the final word. Next time dont waste your time talking to your BA, just ask him.

Much like your frustration with trying to explain how wage progression works, I get equally frustrated with those people who don't understand the basics of a contract extension and backdating of the ratified agreement.

The proof that I am correct arrived in your checking account over the weekend. The retro checks were based on work hours from 1 Aug 13, not 25 Apr 14, which proves that the contract will be backdated to 1 Aug 13 and the provisions therein will be based on that date.

UPS WORKHORSE

Much like your frustration with trying to explain how wage progression works, I get equally frustrated with those people who don't understand the basics of a contract extension and backdating of the ratified agreement.

The proof that I am correct arrived in your checking account over the weekend. The retro checks were based on work hours from 1 Aug 13, not 25 Apr 14, which proves that the contract will be backdated to 1 Aug 13 and the provisions therein will be based on that date.

Explain how you can be under an extension, but your not under an extension, because the current contract is backdated. With that logic you can grieve all those cover drivers that worked all week and then worked Saturday too beginning August 1, 2013. The new contract wasn't implemented until April 25th.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sportsjock

I downloaded the contract and it the old dates are lined out and the new dates August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2018 typed in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

From what I've seen, the dates reflect August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2018. I will try and forward the link.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yeah, that makes no sense. That would mean we worked a year with no contract which we of course didn't.

And of course we wouldn't have seen retro pay that resulted from delayed ratification.

The contract runs August 1 2013 - July 31, 2018.

Quigley

All I'm saying is whether you or I disagree on someones point of view on the contract, they as a union member have every right to file a grievence if they feel they have been wronged. In our local not enough drivers file grievences and as a result management gets away with a lot stuff they would not do had the drivers fought for whats right. So in my humble opinion whether I or anybody else thinks you are wrong, file away, its not only your right its your duty.

Quigley

Not going to argue with you again about it. The poster can read the language and make his own decision.

He entered the job prior to 8/1 but attained seniority after. If you will just read the language for what it says its really not that hard.

Why he does not get the GWI
All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
2013 will receive the following general wage increases for
each contract year. (The GWI)

Why he is 3 year progression and not 4 year.
(c.) The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2008 2013 shall
be as follows: (4year progression)
Just got call from a neighbor kid. He started driving July 2013, attained seniority Aug 8 2013, seniority date July 2013, just checked UPSERS.com, received a healhy retro check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All I'm saying is whether you or I disagree on someones point of view on the contract, they as a union member have every right to file a grievence if they feel they have been wronged. In our local not enough drivers file grievences and as a result management gets away with a lot stuff they would not do had the drivers fought for whats right. So in my humble opinion whether I or anybody else thinks you are wrong, file away, its not only your right its your duty.

Go ahead----file your (frivolous) grievance. Don't be surprised when the BA tells you that there is no basis for your grievance.

saintrick

Just got call from a neighbor kid. He started driving July 2013, attained seniority Aug 8 2013, seniority date July 2013, just checked UPSERS.com, received a healhy retro check.

He must have his dates wrong. You can not start in July and have enough reports by 8/8 to attain seniority.