zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
wow... Thank you all for all the responses... I feel better about it already... Closing them... holding the buzzer constant until they answer... leaving it all at the bldg in the morning, and picking it up at night and attempting it then after all my business and pickups are done and just camping out until whenever they come staying on the clock until then... those were already some of my ideas, and I seem to have been on the right page...

Thanks guys!!! = )
The only place worse to deliver to than Walmart is the post office. We have to load the packages into their carts for them, and it's almost impossible to find someone to sign.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Tomorrow, when "whoever" has a talk with you, first word out of their mouth that can, in anyway, be construed as "punishment" tell them to hold that thought while you go get your steward!

542thruNthru

Agree with pretty much everyone that commented. You did your job. You delivered the packages and obtained a signature. God I only wish the "post master" would have pulled something like that with me. I'd have been glad to inform her I do not work for her and if she has a problem to call the 1-800 number. Then I would have asked for a shop steward.

Make sure you inform your steward first thing tomorrow about what happen. If you are brought in at all to talk about it ask for him/her to be present.

I second the hold the bell till someone opens the door from now on.

Future

Victory Ride
Side note ...we r contractually suppose 2 segregate pkgs going 2 the post office by Zip code .....the one I deliver too overlooks this , but will mention it too bust on me if I bring them 2 many

Indecisi0n

Post office is tough. Normally I would say get a signature first and if they don't sign just refuse it all but the post office is tricky because they care less than us!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We have others that insist on it .... pain in the butt ...glad I don’t have too

The Dispatch Supe spas them to the package car by pal label. So all 2020 pals are one zip, 5654, is another, so we don’t actually separate, just keep the pal labels all together and you’re good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wow... Thank you all for all the responses... I feel better about it already... Closing them... holding the buzzer constant until they answer... leaving it all at the bldg in the morning, and picking it up at night and attempting it then after all my business and pickups are done and just camping out until whenever they come staying on the clock until then... those were already some of my ideas, and I seem to have been on the right page...

Thanks guys!!! = )

You are not even in the right book, let alone on the right page.

Suppose this were Walmart, Target or Best Buy------would you even think of leaving 147 boxes and who knows how many bags on their dock while you drove around front to get a signature? Do you think that any of them would sign without at least taking a look at the pile that you left them to deal with?

I don't deliver to a Post Office and I have heard some of the horror stories that some of our drivers have to deal with there on a near daily basis. I have also heard some of the more positive ones where our drivers have taken the time to establish a rapport with the postal employees and as a result have no issues while delivering there.

You admit to providing "less than perfect service". I have to think that you were second guessing yourself all throughout the 4 hours between the incident and the time that you were called back to the office.

There is no way that the OMS did that all on her own. I am certain that the first thing the Post Master did was call in a center personnel concern, which used to be called a rude hourly, which she followed up with a personal visit and a photograph of your handiwork.

You would be a fool if you chose to follow some of the advice offered above.

If you run in to this situation again, and I am certain that you will, do not scan any packages until the receiver has opened the door. Push the buzzer, wait 30 seconds or so, push it again, then go up front and let them know that you are here. When they say that they will meet you around back start scanning the bags only until the door is opened.

Keep in mind that you have to work with these people and that their volume will only continue to increase the deeper we get in to Peak.

At least you didn't just leave the pile and drive away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Should have gotten the picture from the postmaster and forwarded it on to the postmaster general to get his input on the situation.

...and the postmaster general would have backed up his postmaster....it sounds as though the packages were piled to where the employees would have had a very hard time opening up their receiving door from the outside, instead having to dig through the pile to get to the door from the outside.

Future

Victory Ride
The Dispatch Supe spas them to the package car by pal label. So all 2020 pals are one zip, 5654, is another, so we don’t actually separate, just keep the pal labels all together and you’re good.
Just imagining this in a bulk truck ...which they like 2 put it in during peak season .... this wouldn’t last long on the drive 2 the post office

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just imagining this in a bulk truck ...which they like 2 put it in during peak season .... this wouldn’t last long on the drive 2 the post office
It doesn’t. Lmao. The guy usually spends about 4 hours at this one. It’s a regional one, probably 6-7 hundred a day during peak.