brownIEman

Screw the post office.

A couple of years ago the post master came out and tried to flex his muscles, giving me crap for being late.

I told him that I do not work for him OR the post office and I will get there when I get there.

He never seen a package before 3:00 after that exchange.

They wanted everything put in a cage. Sure. Just make sure the cages are ready when I get there. I am not walking around the PO looking for empty cages. If they do not have cages ready when I get there, it all goes on the dock.

Sort packages by zip code? Not going to happen.

We had this battle when a couple PO's served from the building I worked in started demanding the volume be sorted by Zip. I raised a stink and asked some of my contacts in IE to get me the language from the contract on Surepost so I could use it as amo against said PO's. I was deeply disappointed to learn that in the contract we signed with the USPS, UPS did indeed agree to sort surepost volume by zip upon delivery. Not sure what genius agreed to that BS.

So as crappy as it is, you are technically violating the contract when you refuse to sort it.

over9five

Staff member
Lazy postal employees. Perhaps you should have asked if you could bring them inside for them,

Jerry-and-Newman.png

BlackCat

We had this battle when a couple PO's served from the building I worked in started demanding the volume be sorted by Zip. I raised a stink and asked some of my contacts in IE to get me the language from the contract on Surepost so I could use it as amo against said PO's. I was deeply disappointed to learn that in the contract we signed with the USPS, UPS did indeed agree to sort surepost volume by zip upon delivery. Not sure what genius agreed to that BS.

So as crappy as it is, you are technically violating the contract when you refuse to sort it.
Who cares. Scrap the contract. What is the worst case scenario?

We get the volume back?

brownIEman

Who cares. Scrap the contract. What is the worst case scenario?

We get the volume back?

um, no.
That would not be the worst case scenario.

But you are clearly in the 'took r jobs!' misguided world view of what
surepost actually is so I doubt there is any point in telling you the truth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My first stop every morning is the Post Office... I'm there every morning within 10 minutes of leaving the building... I back up to a dock, honking my horn while backing... get up against the dock, go around to the back of the truck, and ring the buzzer button on the wall... its a loud buzzer I can hear it going off from outside... So I push the buzzer, open the back door on my truck and it's bricked back to front... 400 - 600 pcs a day on that truck...
I grab a mail bag, scan it, stack it on the dock ledge against the overhead door, and repeat... scan, grab, stack, scan, grab, scan, grab, stack... After a couple minutes of the door not coming up, I reach around and push the buzzer again... go back to scanning... stacking... ring buzzer again... scan, stack, scan, stack... buzzer again... the stop finally zeros out on my Diad, I've been here now for almost 25 min. I have this behemoth wall of boxes stacked up 8 feet high, 10 feet wide, 3 to 4 rows deep... Get in my truck drive around to the front of the post office, go in and find a couple girls on there computer playing on facebook... they see me, one of them sticks there hands out to sign the board, I tell them no one ever came to open the back door, they tell me 'yeah we're short handed today', I get the signature and leave...

4 hrs later I get ODS'd to come to the bldg immediately... So I do and I walk in the office, and get met by this lady who I'm told is the 'post master'... she has a picture of my wall of boxes there on the door, and I get asked if I did that today... I agreed that yes that was me today and she went off on me how it's not secured and anyone could drive up and steal everything, and so on... I keep telling her that no one ever came to open the door up...

Center manager is gone to another building... On road supervisor was on car with another driver today... So it's just me, the office secretary, and the 'post master' in the room talking... So I dont know what will happen to me tomorrow when I show up for work...

I really cant even start my route until I get the post office out of the way and free up some room... so what do I do... sheet 147 boxes as closed??? obviously that would get me in trouble plus I'd have that much more work the next day

Can I be fired for this today? Was I in the wrong? I mean it's not perfect service, but given the circumstances I felt I did what was best given the situation... The secretary told me I left everything unsecured and that was wrong, and that I should have walked around to the front to get someone... So I reminded her that if I did that I'd still be leaving everything unsecured... she thought for a second and agreed that it would be... so now what... take everything i've scanned and stacked up and put it all back into the truck, close the truck up, walk around to the front of the bldg get someone to open the door, then go back around and open the truck back up and start unloading again???
Not your fault at all and there's no reason at all you should of been called back to the building to deal with this.

Brownslave688

You left a commercial delivery unsecured. The only thing on your side is the Post office girls signed for the delivery. You will not be fired, but expect some procedural changes tomorrow.
It's all surepost. There's really no reason at all we should have to get a signature even.

Brownslave688

Post office is tough. Normally I would say get a signature first and if they don't sign just refuse it all but the post office is tricky because they care less than us!
The post office is tricky because we have to continue to suck their ass so they'll do our sub contracting for us.

Brownslave688

Side note ...we r contractually suppose 2 segregate pkgs going 2 the post office by Zip code .....the one I deliver too overlooks this , but will mention it too bust on me if I bring them 2 many

We have one here that we must do that at.

Just imagining this in a bulk truck ...which they like 2 put it in during peak season .... this wouldn’t last long on the drive 2 the post office

It doesn’t. Lmao. The guy usually spends about 4 hours at this one. It’s a regional one, probably 6-7 hundred a day during peak.

Holy hell IDIOTS!!!!!

This tells me ups more worried about getting volume off the trucks than losing market share. We have one post office that takes almost all of the post offices around here. I would be there half the day or more this time of year.