Was the Load Quality Acceptable?

ArcherUTR

I answer 'No' to the DIAD load quality questions every single day. Why? Because nobody cares. So why give management any ammunition?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
All they care about in my building is getting the packages on the right car, and how fast they can jam packages down the belt.

My preloader has pulled of packages that are clearly damaged, only to have some tape slapped on it and sent back to him to load. Its pretty sad.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This philosophy brings drags our company's quality of service down. I don't understand it. I will give someone a chance or two, but after that I have no problems going to my Center Manager.

Don't mess with my customers. Don't make my job harder.
If a driver has an issue with me...come and speak to me about it. We're all adults, capable of a conversation. If moving bulk stops around makes your life easier...tell me, I'll make every effort to accomodate requests. If I can fix it the problem, I will....if I can't, I will tell you why. After that, go to my center manager and complain all you want.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
99% of all preloaders will do the job as well as their management team will allow them to do.

Since 99% of the time their management team intentionally sets them up to fail, I inevitably wind up with crap for a load.

It is what it is. They wont pay my preloader $12 an hour to do it right, so they can pay me $45 an hour to clean up his mess.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
99% of all preloaders will do the job as well as their management team will allow them to do.

Since 99% of the time their management team intentionally sets them up to fail, I inevitably wind up with crap for a load.

It is what it is. They wont pay my preloader $12 an hour to do it right, so they can pay me $45 an hour to clean up his mess.
Many preloaders don't how to do the.job right because they were never trained properly. Four big boxes for the same stop on the 6000 shelf...oh look now the shelf is full....then you get 2 small Zappos boxes Pal'd to 6400 and 6800...oh lets just put those on the floor...lol. :nobrainzombis:

ArcherUTR

If a driver has an issue with me...come and speak to me about it. We're all adults, capable of a conversation. If moving bulk stops around makes your life easier...tell me, I'll make every effort to accomodate requests. If I can fix it the problem, I will....if I can't, I will tell you why. After that, go to my center manager and complain all you want.

The people I 'narc' on the most are probably the people who unload our package cars once we get in. They don't use the unload aid devices and literally chunk my pickup volume the length of my package car to be heard crashing on to the belt.

I try to talk to them about it first.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The people I 'narc' on the most are probably the people who unload our package cars once we get in. They don't use the unload aid devices and literally chunk my pickup volume the length of my package car to be heard crashing on to the belt.

We lost a major account at one of our local apple orchards for this very reason.

Resident know-it-all.

PT Car Washer

Our twilight manager just looks the other way when our unloaders are doing that. Production remember. If packages are damaged they obviously weren't packed properly.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I put No when I have a 13.5 hour dispatch and wright in comments. "5 hours over dispatched"
I have found that bringing 15 or 20 stops back and recording them as "missed" generates a far more urgent response to dispatch issues than leaving notes for preload does.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Just curious....what's an unload aid device? Like a load stand?

J

jibbs

Many preloaders don't how to do the.job right because they were never trained properly.

That's a good excuse in the beginning but it goes out the window after 6 months or so on the job.

Especially with PAL labels. Load them bitches in order, drop irregs and bulk stops to the floor. The job is not mentally difficult... more often than not, at least. Once you know the problems that can occur while loading, you can avoid them until the end of your shift and force add-cut's or be told specifically to load up the centers and brick 'em out, to let the drivers deal with it through the day.

Not being trained is only a reasonable excuse in the first several months of loading, in my opinion.