We’re done

F

Frankie's Friend

What decade are you living in ?

Drivers can bury misloads in pickups.... still ?

How about the 40 year old loser.... who might (still) be a center manager.

Still waiting on @Dragon for that answer.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
He's either on the phone or upstate isn't done reporting back from his safety observations.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Really ?

When was the last time, you... and your fellow workers attended a Local meeting ?

-Bug-

We meet 9 times a year. I make about 4-5 of them and am the only part time employee that shows. There are about 5 guys who are active and a couple retirees who are always there. Also a few like me that make about half of them.

The hall is about 15 minuets from the HUB and we 300+ employees. It would be nice to see someone from the local at the gate trying to get people involved.

conerubi

Honestly, my center has been putting these guys on cake routes. Most, if not all make book.

They are sooooooo easially manipulated because... mauh we make 900 a week and we’re rich

Working 60hr every week at 18hr makes them think this way. Because they make 5-10k more a year than their school educated friends who only work 40hr hrs a week... they think they made it.
Oh please. Im a newbie. You all are a bunch of old bitter woman. Gossip gossip. We're younger and faster. Go retire.

Rabbit

Very different here as a loader yeah we are kind of shot on and asked to do a lot but the supervisors get along and try to help us as much as they can although we are always short staffed because people don't want to actually work anymore. The preload head supervisor and the hub supervisor are always walking around asking people how they're doing and saying hello sometimes even providing food.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
You are kidding right? Those pictures have nothing to do with today's work environment. You are not paid in pennies and shop at a company store or live in a company house.

You do work hard and have long hours. Lets talk about that.
They have everything to do with today's work environment! Some of these people literally gave their lives to have what union members have today. These workers are a large part of what has made UPS the success it is today. Can't cherry pick history.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
We will be paying refunds on the late air anyway, might as well try and recoup some cost on less hours on road.
I thought the idea was not to have late air in the first place? If it could be at all avoided? This is the way it used to be. Kind of went away with having clean trucks. Where's the pride in one's company? Seems short term gain is all that's looked at any more.

BigBrown1234

I agree it doesn’t look good.
DONE Like A Turkey :helpsmili

From My observations. aprx 60% of the UPS teamsters covered by local 315 are PartTimers. (Ca. Richmond,San Ramon,Napa,Cordelia,Concord) I’m going to ask the locals president to get a more accurate number.

40% full time. I’d say only half of them could care less about the Union.

99% of the part timers could care less about the union. They feel the union does nothing for them. Pay sucks, hours suck, union dues, working conditions suck, still on parents medical, not thinking of retiring etc. in my opinion, most part timers will cross the picket line or just quit.

That leaves about 20% of the members supporting a strike. And for how long? Most people I know live paycheck to paycheck.

I have asked random members who our secretary treasurer is and who is on the e board. Not one person knew, lol

99% of the membership Iv spoken with have NO clue as to what the job/duties/expectations are of our Elected Union Representation.

In my opinion this speaks volumes as to the reason we have gone from membership within our trade of aprx 30% strong to 8% from the start of the Labor Movement (numbers differ from sites)

dudebro

Why do they have us spend a ridiculous amount of time chasing down a $7 misload ?

Piss on the customers that spent $200 on a next day air?

For a promotion. DM said get me 1/1000 in ODS misloads. I'm getting what he / she asked for. In return, if I'm thought of as someone who will go get the results, I'll be considered for the next (higher paying) level. It doesn't just work that way at UPS. It works that way everywhere.

Adam Smith's invisible hand at work.

dudebro

Exactly.
I sent a 1# pkg via ground service to a city close to me. Fuel surcharge was 9%.
Then i sent a next day air letter to a city within 80 miles of my home. Fuel surcharge was 18%.
I tracked both pigs.
Neither one left the ground system.
I called the 800 # to ask why I got charged 18% for the air package. She said "jet fuel is expensive".
I asked her to track both packages. She admitted both went ground service.
There's an integrity problem here.
@Dragon is probably good with it. It fits his code of ethics.

Would you really have preferred we put it in a plane and flew it down to Louisville and back, instead of putting it on a trailer and sending it 100 miles?

For a promotion. DM said get me 1/1000 in ODS misloads. I'm getting what he / she asked for. In return, if I'm thought of as someone who will go get the results, I'll be considered for the next (higher paying) level. It doesn't just work that way at UPS. It works that way everywhere.

Adam Smith's invisible hand at work.
Some if the things they do here makes absolutely no sense. If course we want to make service but they focus on the wrong things. Sorry grandma we couldn't deliver you next day air medicine on time .But my Betty got her Zappo shirs, we didn't miss service on that.

WTF??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would you really have preferred we put it in a plane and flew it down to Louisville and back, instead of putting it on a trailer and sending it 100 miles?

You jest but we used to do just that.

If you sent out something 2nd Day Air it would go to the air hub (Philly) and be held so that it would make service on the second day. UPS quickly figured out what a waste of time and money that was and got it through the system in the most efficient manner possible so, yes, you could get 1 day service and only pay for 2 day.

dudebro

Some if the things they do here makes absolutely no sense. If course we want to make service but they focus on the wrong things. Sorry grandma we couldn't deliver you next day air medicine on time .But my Betty got her Zappo shirs, we didn't miss service on that.

WTF??
Honestly if I told the group to deliver air in trace at PCM and a driver broke off to deliver medicine and told me that, I wouldn't have an issue with that. Most mgmt people I know, who I consider to be on the right side of the bell curve, wouldn't either. I know it isn't perfect though.