Whackadoos Troll About Opioids

MAKAVELI

Why would someone do that? The argument is being made that most opioid deaths are from fentanyl laced heroin due to it being so dangerous that even getting some on your skin can cause an overdose. However that's been debunked. It also seems that there is resistance to the known fact that almost half of opioid overdose deaths result from prescription opioids. Why is that? I suspect it's because like pot some like to use it recreationally and don't want their source to dry up. Or they're selling it and don't want people to stop using it out of fear. Either way anyone fighting criticism of a particular drug shows how pervasive these drugs are and will only continue to spread without every effort being made to stop distribution.
Cdc does not distinguish between prescribed and black market pills.

vantexan

Cdc does not distinguish between prescribed and black market pills.
Prescription pills aren't black market. If they say prescription opioids they are making a distinction. But hey if you want to believe that the prescription side of it is safe to use for fun knock yourself out.

MAKAVELI

Prescription pills aren't black market. If they say prescription opioids they are making a distinction. But hey if you want to believe that the prescription side of it is safe to use for fun knock yourself out.
Read the cdc findings entirely. It states the difficulty in distinguishing many deaths as synthetic or heroin.

vantexan

Read the cdc findings entirely. It states the difficulty in distinguishing many deaths as synthetic or heroin.
And yet they determined that almost half of opioid related deaths in 2016 were from prescription opioids. Again, if you want to believe that it's all from fentanyl laced heroin knock yourself out.

vantexan

Matter of time before Monkey Butt tells me that the pot that damages developing young adult brains was laced with fentanyl.

vantexan

The CDC doesn't State how many deaths are related to Black Market pills why do you think that is?
I don't know. Is heroin being sold in pill form? Was not aware. Just going on what I read and from that 60 Minutes report that clearly stated it was abuse of prescription opioids supplied by unscrupulous manufacturers that is at the heart of this epidemic.

MAKAVELI

The CDC doesn't State how many deaths are related to Black Market pills why do you think that is?

I don't know. Is heroin being sold in pill form? Was not aware. Just going on what I read and from that 60 Minutes report that clearly stated it was abuse of prescription opioids supplied by unscrupulous manufacturers that is at the heart of this epidemic.
I'll give you a clue they don't know either.

vantexan

And they have no way of knowing if the drugs a person took came from a license Pharmacy here in the states or if they're counterfeit from China.
Again, read the report. Three MANUFACTURERS flooded rural areas with millions of pills. They set up clinics to make the pills readily available to those addicted from prescriptions written by local doctors and perpetuated by the cheap clinics. I'm sorry it doesn't jibe with preconceived beliefs, but people can and do die from using and abusing prescription opioids. Using them to get high is abuse. Doesn't take fentanyl to kill you although I'm sure that's involved in many, possibly more than half of cases. But what appears to be thought as not dangerous by some is in fact dangerous to abuse.