What are things that irritate you at work?

ThePackageDeli

Nothing. It's perfectly contentable work. UPS is easy on you mentally and emotionally. And it stops when you clock out. Some jobs never stop, and you have to bring :censored2: home with you.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Other drivers that drove my car and didn't clean up after themselves.
UPScarofpissbottles.jpeg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hi,

You missed the point. Which was.......you buying your own supplies. See, I was ripped and belittled for it. You...a free pass and so far not a word. Yet I'm belittled for having an airplane(which I flew for 4 hours Friday. It was glorious seeing the tailwind ground speeds of 157 mph. That's hauling butt for my plane). I'm not angry at you. Or anyone else. Your example was just used to point out selective hate and hypocrisy. Which is on grand display.

Btw, we were told unless the cleaning supplies were "approved" i.e. warning labels(MSDS) etc.....they couldn't be in the vehicle..
Maybe that's why they were removed....Which is interesting because Feeders doesn't seem to have the same scrutiny. Most Feeders here have some type of cleaning supplies.(store bought). I wish we could have on topic conversations like this<^.

>700 words.
Yes, that is what I was told, but I am sure if Osha ever came in and took an honest look, the inside, dirt and filth would not have passed either. So for a couple bucks a day I kept myself safe. My own little broom (not for flying on) and dustpan. Im sure it is different now, (sarcasm emoji) Ive been gone 4 yrs.

rod

Retired 22 years
So uh... How does it load a package car or unload a trailer?
All they have to do is add the little tracks to the shelves in the trucks, figure out a way to hook the trucks to the belt and do some programming and they are in business. I saw another video of these things in action and they were going about 5 times faster.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

I bought my handcart for me. Matter of fact, I used it yesterday at home......I use it all the time. Just like gloves, Windex etc. It is interesting that you guys don't say a word about cleaning supplies etc. A handcart(to me) is just like a flashlight or anything else....buying brown UPS socks etc.

I bought my OWN handcart FOR ME. It was always there and could be easily traced if stolen. Every UPS handcart looked the same and if a driver put their name on it(it didn't belong to them, it's UPS's property)....the name would just be removed. Just like anything at UPS is not YOURS.......it's UPS's.

The contract didn't have anything to do with my experience. Being able to get to work and get started without a daily fiasco and starting the day IRRITATED.....was worth the investment I still have today. Which ironically, is what this thread is about.

Peculiar way?

No, I'm suggesting that if I/we waited around for UPS to literally do just about anything......it would quickly grind to a halt. You(and the few blockheads that slither around BC) that seem to live in some monolithic work environment.....just isn't reality. Just like the thousands of pkg/feeder drivers that dispatch every day.......we work around the idiotic leadership/co-workers to get the job done. Hell, you have a BC union guy right here that admits he doesn't support union members....admits it. You have guys right here that admit to not following the contract/methods whatever. How about you? Never? Really? To the letter now.....

And when you go into enforcing the contract etc.........say you wait around each morning etc. for handcart disaster.....this puts you in the crosshairs of mgt........you are late, miss airs etc.......this leads to observation on and on.......which the outcome is uncertain....given that we have admitted union reps that cannot be relied upon for support and true representation......you work around both and have a long and profitable career. Or you can go into work, fight from the get go and end up retiring....bottom feeding on BC because you got no money and are insanely jealous of the folks that do.

Basically, loosely translated, "Yes, I'm a chicken and can't stand up for myself."