What are things that irritate you at work?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why would've I included it? @toonertoo was not being condescending, therefore it bears no relevance to my post.

Look up "ivory tower" to find the definition, and while you're in there, look up the actual definitions of the words you keep "defining" in your posts. For such an educated man, you should know better:
"Condescension: disdain." Lol

My tone is different because I am quick-witted and mostly funny. I poke fun at people "as the boys will do" amongst each other in many brotherhoods. You take everything literally and try to dad the s* out of everyone, explicitly expressing how you know better because you've been here longer.

Another thing separating us, I know who I am. I know I don't deserve any kind of peace prize, and I know that not everyone likes me. I accept that people don't like me and move on; it's not because they're jealous, or envious, or inadequate. Sometimes people just don't like you.

You can call me whatever you want, @Integrity cares more about that than I do.

Done with you.
Thanks @Just A UPS Guy . Im not sure why @quad decade guy is mad at me. I dont remember being condescending to anyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How much would it cost me for you to fly me from Minneapolis to Boulder,Co & back?
Might take awhile
706128A9-0854-4F86-9AC8-8F1C129985FE.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My Feeder the same way.

Interesting.....odd how you aren't getting ripped for buying your own cleaning supplies.....belittled even.....odd.

BTW. Our sleeper run went through Ohio. It looked like a nice place to live. Seemed hilly with lots of farms and silos. I wished our place looked like that.

Intended or not.......thanks for the support.
I am irrelevant, I dont work there any more, I was told it was wrong, but I knew I was getting out soon, and I wanted to be healthy when I left. ..I got sneered at plenty over it I kind of like not having dust, stones and debri blowing in my eyes when I opened my doors... Many times I pulled up to a hose in the am after pcm, to clean my headlights and windows. I worked car wash in my early years, it was so nice to have clean trucks. I cant believe how far downhill car/cleaning maintenance went. I just didnt want to fight to get it done, because when I complained thats when someone went and cleaned out my truck of windex, fantastik, paper towels. I ran enough overallowed I made up for the supplies. It was about my health and safety. Take my dolly, fine. One of the heaviest commercial routes in the building, It will get done, it wont be pretty. So if you thought I was being condescending, I was not. If I deleted something, it must have been reported. Ohio Is nice. About 100 miles south of Lake Erie especially. But nothing Like Lake Erie in the summer, nothing worse in the winter. Lived both areas. I prefer the farms and rolling hills.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Yeah....just like buying your own cleaning supplies......Windex, 409, anti-bacterial supplies.....gloves.

What company do work at? You'll wait the rest of your career for any of that stuff around here.

I realize your response is about hate and abuse.....

Our car wash has been broken for weeks......you have to find some way to clean your windshield and windows just to see out.....find something to carry water in and take 50 sheets of paper towels from the bathroom.....no? Yeah just like that. And try it on a tractor....especially on the front windshield.

You are going to have to buy some sort of broom to sweep the mud and rocks and whatever food some co-driver/tractor user leaves in the cab.....don't act like this stuff doesn't happen....no? Then you are a troll.
You have hundreds of feeder drivers at your building. Thousands of years of experience. Every problem has been solved if you just talk to your co workers.
I go to the shop. I get an empty spray bottle. I fill it with washer fluid or spray 9. And i get some shop towels. I clean the truck.
I leave when it is safe to do so. I don't care about time allowances.
Nothing gets fixed at ups unless you make management fix it.

quad decade guy

Thanks @Just A UPS Guy . Im not sure why @quad decade guy is mad at me. I dont remember being condescending to anyone.
Hi,

You missed the point. Which was.......you buying your own supplies. See, I was ripped and belittled for it. You...a free pass and so far not a word. Yet I'm belittled for having an airplane(which I flew for 4 hours Friday. It was glorious seeing the tailwind ground speeds of 157 mph. That's hauling butt for my plane). I'm not angry at you. Or anyone else. Your example was just used to point out selective hate and hypocrisy. Which is on grand display.

Btw, we were told unless the cleaning supplies were "approved" i.e. warning labels(MSDS) etc.....they couldn't be in the vehicle..
Maybe that's why they were removed....Which is interesting because Feeders doesn't seem to have the same scrutiny. Most Feeders here have some type of cleaning supplies.(store bought). I wish we could have on topic conversations like this<^.

>700 words.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Btw, we were told unless the cleaning supplies were "approved" i.e. warning labels(MSDS) etc.....they couldn't be in the vehicle..
Maybe that's why they were removed....Which is interesting because Feeders doesn't seem to have the same scrutiny. Most Feeders here have some type of cleaning supplies.(store bought). I wish we could have on topic conversations like this<^.

Bingo. OSHA rules. If your feeder department allowed them, you were not in compliance.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hi,

You missed the point. Which was.......you buying your own supplies. See, I was ripped and belittled for it. You...a free pass and so far not a word. Yet I'm belittled for having an airplane(which I flew for 4 hours Friday. It was glorious seeing the tailwind ground speeds of 157 mph. That's hauling butt for my plane). I'm not angry at you. Or anyone else. Your example was just used to point out selective hate and hypocrisy. Which is on grand display.

>700 words.
He friend’ing counted the words......HAR HAR. HAR!!!!
BTW, 140 KIAS is typically above Vno for most bug smashers....
What is the model and engine you’re allegedly flying?

Last edited:

Est.1998

Without trying to be unkind.....no really-

Sometimes your grasp of reality....I mean what's actually happening.....seems to be on another plane.

As in day to day life, we find solutions to our challenges and problems whether they are written words or not.

You do, I do.

In other words......you do what you have to do to get through.

I could list a long series of obstacles that we overcome such as lack of support from mgt., the union or co-workers or even our customers.

We "ad lib".

If I(we) waited around from support of mgt. for just about anything....the company would quickly cease.

If you've ever worked at UPS, you would surely know this. Like being 300 miles away from any help...you make repairs or improvise.

Pretending otherwise......just isn't reality.
Everytime i read anything you post,
I'm like, "Is this Dennis Miller?"

Est.1998

Nosy and obsessed drivers.

I am pretty laid-back and could care less about UPSs numbers so when I show up to work I’ll get ice in my cooler and put it, and my backpack, to the side then go get my DIAD and patiently wait for start time. I am there but I am not really thinking about the place or job so I definitely don’t feel the need to study the operational report (that they stick and all of our logs) for the previous day or the dispatch computer. I am so numb to all of that that I can almost completely shut out the particulars of the job until the moment I’m about to leave the center.

What really irritates me is when an obsessed/nosy driver (always in the same loop and usually on a neighboring route), shows up at any point prior to leaving the building and starts talking to me about how many stops and miles I have for the day. And then tells me what specific areas I have and whether or not they have some of my stuff or vice versa. What a sad existence they must be living. LMFAO. If it weren’t for losers like that I would typically finish each day not knowing how many stops or miles I ended with. I simply do not care and knowing before hand doesn’t change anything.
Do you run your route by Orion or your way?

Est.1998

Ok. Define that (success) please.

Jealous? You couldn't be more wrong, I can easily afford the things you have.

Anecdotal story: There's this one guy (random person) (no one to me) I go back and forth with (on the internet) who is such a big deal (on the internet) that he has to tell everyone (on the internet) about all of his accomplishments (things he thinks makes him a man) at every opportunity, even if he has to crowbar it in. Turns out, he (the guy) is not really important, just an old man who feels considerably inadequate (in real life) and has to project that to everyone else (strangers on the internet) to feel accomplished.

Words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words.
1616346580925.jpeg