What are things that irritate you at work?

Cowboy Mac

I deliver to an office building on my route that has 8 different office stops spread out on 3 floors. Some of them have buzzers with a security check in. With bulk on my cart it can easily take me up to 15-20 min to finish delivering there. I love stops like that cause it's a money maker.

Everytime I come back from vacay I get to listen to customer complaints cause the runner that covers my route thinks it's OK to dump all the boxes in the front lobby like it's one stop and he picks a name from the CIR list. And this guy is already qualified....c'mon man!
8FFD6EC2-9F69-4863-861B-DC74FB90D891.gif

WorknLateHuh

1. the supposed "forced saturdays during peak" thing. There is weak language in some supplements... no need to beat this dead horse anymore.

2. Late start times.

Whereistheunion

Supervisors picking up boxes off the floor and stacking them on the rollers then breaking the jam.People that build walls with no gap.People who put bags in their walls.Working in trailers with a fan that won't shut off.Smitty Bilts.
Orion, terrible load and over dispatched I suppose the job in general. I appreciate working for UPS however the 3 things I mentioned have made my great job highly undesirable.

Seymour Packages

I have to lock up my handtruck every night because drivers that deliver in the hood steal handtrucks. Then they leave them somewhere on their route. My building is a slum.

quad decade guy

I have to lock up my handtruck every night because drivers that deliver in the hood steal handtrucks. Then they leave them somewhere on their route. My building is a slum.
Hand cart theft was such a problem in our building that maintenance created(welded chains to huge beams) a hand cart lock up.

That lasted a few weeks as our center team started cutting locks to redistribute hand carts......don't have a hand cart? Here take this one......cut.....see the drivers started complaining and refused to leave without a hand cart or as bulk stops started taking half a day because of the one or two box walk. Injuries started creeping up also.

I bought my own cart and chains and lock and dared them to destroy my private property. It never happened.

I went to upper mgt. and suggested "how about mounting the dolly(hand cart) to the front bumper?" A bracket of some sort that the hand cart slides in and a safety chain......"Oh no......we can't do that.....they'll(handcart) fall off in traffic....and besides we can't alter the appearance of the pkg. car....." Swear to God.....

My P1000 was so bulked out most days that the loader would either pull the hand cart and set in front of the pkg car(to get out of the way) and then was promptly stolen....or would leave in the cab with no place to put it in the back......and pkg. cars being parked so close together......you couldn't deal with it until pulling away from your bay.....on and on.

Going to feeders solved all this.....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hand cart theft was such a problem in our building that maintenance created(welded chains to huge beams) a hand cart lock up.

That lasted a few weeks as our center team started cutting locks to redistribute hand carts......don't have a hand cart? Here take this one......cut.....see the drivers started complaining and refused to leave without a hand cart or as bulk stops started taking half a day because of the one or two box walk. Injuries started creeping up also.

I bought my own cart and chains and lock and dared them to destroy my private property. It never happened.

I went to upper mgt. and suggested "how about mounting the dolly(hand cart) to the front bumper?" A bracket of some sort that the hand cart slides in and a safety chain......"Oh no......we can't do that.....they'll(handcart) fall off in traffic....and besides we can't alter the appearance of the pkg. car....." Swear to God.....

My P1000 was so bulked out most days that the loader would either pull the hand cart and set in front of the pkg car(to get out of the way) and then was promptly stolen....or would leave in the cab with no place to put it in the back......and pkg. cars being parked so close together......you couldn't deal with it until pulling away from your bay.....on and on.

Bought your own Handcart....

Smfh

Seymour Packages

I wish they would cut my lock and give my handtruck away. No handtruck? No problem. I will sit inside the building until I get one. I can't safely follow the methods without a handtruck. I had a supervisor take my handtruck from inside my package car a year ago and give it to a runner. Last handtruck in the building. Every piece of NDA I had was late that day (26 pieces) because I refused to leave without a handtruck. They have left me alone ever since.

quad decade guy

Bought your own Handcart....

Smfh
Yeah....just like buying your own cleaning supplies......Windex, 409, anti-bacterial supplies.....gloves.

What company do work at? You'll wait the rest of your career for any of that stuff around here.

I realize your response is about hate and abuse.....

Our car wash has been broken for weeks......you have to find some way to clean your windshield and windows just to see out.....find something to carry water in and take 50 sheets of paper towels from the bathroom.....no? Yeah just like that. And try it on a tractor....especially on the front windshield.

You are going to have to buy some sort of broom to sweep the mud and rocks and whatever food some co-driver/tractor user leaves in the cab.....don't act like this stuff doesn't happen....no? Then you are a troll.