What do you do to unwind after a long day?

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
Are you kidding me, I think it's a scream!!!!!

I had no idea Moreluck like to consume "cockies!"

:happy-very:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for a good old fashioned, batch of hot and fresh cockies?

I want to make these cockies with an extra serving of chopped nuts. I also think cockies would taste better if they were rolled into little balls.

Does anyone have the recipe?

moreluck

golden ticket member
NUT COCKIES (legitimate recipe)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room remp.
2 Tbls. sugar
7/8 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts, any kind
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, CREAM butter and sugar thoroughly. Add flour and vanilla.
Add NUTS and roll batter into small BALLS. Bake for about 15 mins. Do not let cockies brown.
Cooks note: Roll cookies in powdered sugar to garnish, if desired.

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
NUT COCKIES (legitimate recipe)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room remp.
2 Tbls. sugar
7/8 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts, any kind
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, CREAM butter and sugar thoroughly. Add flour and vanilla.
Add NUTS and roll batter into small BALLS. Bake for about 15 mins. Do not let cockies brown.
Cooks note: Roll cookies in powdered sugar to garnish, if desired.

What do I need to add to make them chocolate fudge cockies?

UPS Lifer

I kick back by going in the backyard while looking at the red rocks and the wildlife. Besides all the species of birds, we get javelina, deer, and even a mountain lion! In the winter, I look at red rocks and white powder!
Occasionally, we go hiking.

When I am inside, I am a computer and HDTV junkie...

If I get bored...I try to figure out what day it is!:happy-very:
CoffeePot.jpg
Shiprock.jpg
Backyard.jpg

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
I kick back by going in the backyard while looking at the red rocks and the wildlife. Besides all the species of birds, we get javelina, deer, and even a mountain lion! In the winter, I look at red rocks and white powder!
Occasionally, we go hiking.

When I am inside, I am a computer and HDTV junkie...

If I get bored...I try to figure out what day it is!:happy-very:

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:love:

moreluck

golden ticket member
DIET OATMEAL COOKIES
1/3 c. non-fat dry milk
1 pkg. instant oatmeal
1/2 c. crushed pineapple, canned in its own juice, do not drain
5 pkgs. Sweet'N Low
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. coconut flavoring
Dash of salt

Mix together; drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 12 cookies.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Thanks for sharing the pics, lifer. congrats on retiring, I wish you a long prosperous one. I took my wife to Maui last MAR for our 5th yr anniversary,2nd time around for both of us. We rented a red convertable and visited Kaanapoli beach, saw lots of whales and beautiful sunsets. Coasted down the mountain on a bike, couldn't convince my wife to get up at 2am to go with me though. I would love to get back there. maybe 2009:happy2:

UPS Lifer

Thanks for sharing the pics, lifer. congrats on retiring, I wish you a long prosperous one. I took my wife to Maui last MAR for our 5th yr anniversary,2nd time around for both of us. We rented a red convertable and visited Kaanapoli beach, saw lots of whales and beautiful sunsets. Coasted down the mountain on a bike, couldn't convince my wife to get up at 2am to go with me though. I would love to get back there. maybe 2009:happy2:

Maui was my big wind down - 2 times a year when I was working. We would go in October (before peak!) and in February...Without Maui work would have driven me insane! Sorry - I have to agree with your wife on the bike ride down from Haleakala. When I am on vacation, I am not getting up at 2 am to freeze my buns off. Oh! then there are the folks that haven't ridden a bike for 40 years...that is also an awful lot of fun. :whiteflag:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lifer....twice a year to Hawaii.....that's us too.

Only we go Oct. and April. Sometimes we have spent Thanksgiving or Christmas, but that's taking a chance with the rainy season. So far we've been lucky. It'll rain for a whole week after we leave.

Daughter & grandson are our reasons for returning. I love the laid back 'tude, but only for up to 2 weeks, then I tire of it. I couldn't live there.

After reading most of the replies, most of the goings on outside work have seemed pretty shallow thus far. I doubt everyone falls into this catagory though. Doesn't anyone have any hobbies or activities that aren't drinking, womanizing, watching tv, napping?! <--rofl smoking pot...etc. Sounds like quite the fufilling life :knockedout:

Aside from playing in a band in the hub of New England, I also dabble in the study of atmopsheric sciences and study/read/research as much as I can with free time. Music and science are the 2 most relaxing and rewarding hobbies !
geek:devil3:

UPS Lifer

Moreluck - We are trying something new in 2008. We are going for a whole month. I am not a winter guy. I love the warm weather ..so we are going to try this. My wife is like you, two weeks and she is done! She wants to do two weeks alone and invite another couple for a third week. I keep saying that the month will go by fast and then Spring will be here. I am actually looking forward to spending all of February with the whales!

diesel96

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for a good old fashioned, batch of hot and fresh cockies?

I want to make these cockies with an extra serving of chopped nuts. I also think cockies would taste better if they were rolled into little balls.

Does anyone have the recipe?

Let me introduce you to my schweaty balls.....Good Times

diesel96

Hey, What happened to my Schweaty balls video? It was clean enough for the FCC, why not BC? Subliminal messages ?
F4YR.....I'm speechless:surprised: LOL.....