What Part-Timers will get.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Union shouldn't be negotiating anything for part timers. That's the companies problem. They are useless here. The amount of effort they put forth, they are over paid now.
146D922C-2962-41E8-B926-959E242377BF.gif

The Range

In too deep
Has the MRA helped with retention or the quality of new hires?
I have no idea. If it wasn't helping, I assume they would drop the rate to what the union negotiated. I view poor work ethic as a problem with management. In theory, if you paid new hires 30/hour starting, they would have a larger pool to select from. If they select and trim properly during probation, followed up with appropriate training, you'd have a superior workforce. @ $20 starting rate, you're competing with amazon and fedex + the majority of unskilled labor like flipping burgers which, if people haven't noticed, in many areas is now @ or near 20/start. From my time with the company, a glaring issue has always been poor training > lack of leadership. Just like our new hires, they do not select people who know how to lead and motivate their workers. Part-time supervision has a lot in common with part-time teamsters: they take on people who are going through the motions with the end goal of moving on.

I have no idea. If it wasn't helping, I assume they would drop the rate to what the union negotiated. I view poor work ethic as a problem with management. In theory, if you paid new hires 30/hour starting, they would have a larger pool to select from. If they select and trim properly during probation, followed up with appropriate training, you'd have a superior workforce. @ $20 starting rate, you're competing with amazon and fedex + the majority of unskilled labor like flipping burgers which, if people haven't noticed, in many areas is now @ or near 20/start. From my time with the company, a glaring issue has always been poor training > lack of leadership. Just like our new hires, they do not select people who know how to lead and motivate their workers. Part-time supervision has a lot in common with part-time teamsters: they take on people who are going through the motions with the end goal of moving on.
My God you people live in Fantasyland

The Range

In too deep
My God you people live in Fantasyland
It's common sense and applies to every industry. Higher starting pay increases the quality and quantity of applicants. From there, it's the management's responsibility to select and train. Otherwise, UPS wouldn't be giving new hires 26/start out of the goodness of their heart.

It's common sense and applies to every industry. Higher starting pay increases the quality and quantity of applicants. From there, it's the management's responsibility to select and train. Otherwise, UPS wouldn't be giving new hires 26/start out of the goodness of their heart.
I agree the starting wage needs to increase but you need to give people some incentive to stay here for a while longer and make a higher wage through progression.

Unfortunately we are dealing with the entitled generation I come to work I want full pay I want to put my time in and its buddy**