What Part-Timers will get.

Thebrownblob

In my Local FT have first pick on any bid FT job. And then under the 3 to 1 ratio there replacements were all off the street hires. And PT sups.
I’m talking about when they were originally handed out. Of course full-time 22.3 will have first opportunity to bid new or vacated Jobs in their classification. I’ve never heard of a three to one ratio for inside jobs for off the street. No one off the street gets full-time jobs inside at my local. Never seen a management person get one either. I have seen management people go package car driving.

I’m talking about when they were originally handed out. Of course full-time 22.3 will have first opportunity to bid new or vacated Jobs in their classification. I’ve never heard of a three to one ratio for inside jobs for off the street. No one off the street gets full-time jobs inside at my local. Never seen a management person get one either. I have seen management people go package car driving.
Are you sure you are a UPS Union member? The previous Ratio was 3 inside hires to 1 off the street hire. When the company was forced to hire 22.3 Union members FT got first pick. PT sups were considered off the street hires and replaced many of the package car drivers that bid the new FT jobs. The rest were other off the street hires. Some high seniority PT did manage to win some of the new 22.3 jobs. The ones that were all ready making FT wages.

I'm beginning to believe you are just some company troll hired to stir up trouble among the Union members. Too much of what you say are unbelievable.

Thebrownblob

I'm beginning to believe you are just some company troll hired to stir up trouble among the Union members. Too much of what you say are unbelievable.
It’s unbelievable that a local holds the company accountable to the contract? That sounds like trouble to you because you’re the company’s lacky. You sold your soul to them years ago to screw your union brothers and sisters so you could keep your gig. Congratulations

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you sure you are a UPS Union member? The previous Ratio was 3 inside hires to 1 off the street hire. When the company was forced to hire 22.3 Union members FT got first pick. PT sups were considered off the street hires and replaced many of the package car drivers that bid the new FT jobs. The rest were other off the street hires. Some high seniority PT did manage to win some of the new 22.3 jobs. The ones that were all ready making FT wages.
When a full-time driver bids a 22.3 job, doesn't that open up a full-time driving job opportunity at what ever contract inside to off street ratio that is in place?

....I believe the ratio has been improved to 6-1 over time.

When a full-time driver bids a 22.3 job, doesn't that open up a full-time driving job opportunity at what ever contract inside to off street ratio that is in place?

....I believe the ratio has been improved to 6-1 over time.
At the time the ratio was 3 to 1 and all of the new 22.3 jobs counted in the 3 meaning the company could hire a bunch of new drivers off the street. At the same time the company said with all of the lost volume they couldn't fill every FT vacancy. Some high seniority red circle PT did get a 22.3 job but most were midnight/preload jobs.

Thebrownblob

At the time the ratio was 3 to 1 and all of the new 22.3 jobs counted in the 3 meaning the company could hire a bunch of new drivers off the street. At the same time the company said with all of the lost volume they couldn't fill every FT vacancy. Some high seniority red circle PT did get a 22.3 job but most were midnight/preload jobs.
Are you certain to 3 to 1 ratio was everywhere, because I never heard of it. I’ve heard of the 6 to 1 off the street for drivers.

Every red circle part timer received a 22.3 job in the first round in early 2000 they all got to keep their pay rate as long as they never transferred to another 22.3 job otherwise it would go back down to top scale, 22.3.

The company gets to decide what jobs to make 22.3 combo jobs inside if they feel that. Night sort Preload is the best fit. They are able to do that.

We have a large hub with four shifts and every shift has 22.3 about 175 total in our building last I remember hearing.

saintrick

Here are some statements from O'Brien.

“It’s got to be $20 an hour. No one can survive on $15 an hour,” he said. “If we don’t get close to $20 an hour for a starting rate of pay for part-timers it’s not going to help us organize Amazon where they’re paying their part timers $18 an hour.”

“The fight for $15 is antiquated now,” O’Brien told Insider. “We’ve got to fight for a $20 starting rate of pay, and then reward long-term part-timers accordingly.”

Do we get to our goal of $20.00, some seem to think we will exceed it.

Thebrownblob

“It’s got to be $20 an hour. No one can survive on $15 an hour,” he said. “If we don’t get close to $20 an hour for a starting rate of pay for part-timers it’s not going to help us organize Amazon where they’re paying their part timers $18 an hour.”

“The fight for $15 is antiquated now,” O’Brien told Insider. “We’ve got to fight for a $20 starting rate of pay, and then reward long-term part-timers accordingly.”

20 seems like it should be easy. They’re already paying more than that where I am to part-timers with the MRA.

mikejonesjr

Did Hoffa make direct statements like this last contract time as well? Because I wonder if he is just all talk so he sounds good to the union members or will actually stick to this

I can see them making it $17 an hour and 75 cents an hour for next 4 years to bring up to $20 an hour
I can see it too, but only because they didn't care. Union part timers already guaranteed $16.65 / hour because of the cost of living adjustments. $17 to start on the new contract would be a joke. If the union can't get to $20 there's no hope. There are so many hubs paying that much or more without the union even having a say in the matter.

I can see it too, but only because they didn't care. Union part timers already guaranteed $16.65 / hour because of the cost of living adjustments. $17 to start on the new contract would be a joke. If the union can't get to $20 there's no hope. There are so many hubs paying that much or more without the union even having a say in the matter.
It's not going to be easy to fight my friend