What Part-Timers will get.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It was an MRA if I remember correctly. I’m at $16.65 in gangland. Which is ass because of the cost of living. Negotiations for the NMA don’t start until the April 17th. I think that’s what sets the standardized wages and what most people are interested in for the upcoming contract. I’ve been vetting people in the hub hard and pushing them to start grieving hard. How tf do they want a decent wage/contract, but yet they don’t want to fight or grieve. They talk big game about being ready to go on strike, but yet they’re too scared to file on supes working, lol. I’m not letting them slide on anything, our new secretary treasurer has been pushing us to get out of our comfort zone and I’ve been doing it little by little and cementing myself as a stew. I know I’m fighting an uphill battle when it comes to part timers, but I at least will give it a shot in my hub/sort to get good turnout.

I expect stonewalling till the Strike Vote, both sides will be tabulating the results before the anybody moves on this Contract.
The last one in 2018 was around the beginning of June (20 % participation) :bag:... all this current bantering by both sides is testing the water to see what our membership is willing to accept.

The part time voter participation on the possible Strike Vote will be very, very important. For the most part a large percentage of our part time members do not know or care anything about the Contract, they will vote on GWI's and that is it, most do not want a full time job at UPS or think of it as a life long career.

It is very important for every member to vote on the Strike Vote, really no excuse to let it slide. Again both sides will be looking at the participation rate not so much the final results, which generally runs over 90 % for the authorization. Expect a lot of misinformation and fear tactics till this vote comes down, it has worked in the past and I do not believe those tactics will change.

Just from chatter on B/C even some of our veterans are waffling...I do not know the percentage of our actives that were involved in the 1997 one, guessing less than 10 percent. Those are the ones you need to talk to if you want correct information on the current negotiations and what happens if a strike does occur. It would be smart to research what the strike fund does pay and your health coverage coverages if the worst happens, start saving and have an contingence plan, no excuse for being stupid...

What'dyabringmetoday???

I expect stonewalling till the Strike Vote, both sides will be tabulating the results before the anybody moves on this Contract.
The last one in 2018 was around the beginning of June (20 % participation) :bag:... all this current bantering by both sides is testing the water to see what our membership is willing to accept.

The part time voter participation on the possible Strike Vote will be very, very important. For the most part a large percentage of our part time members do not know or care anything about the Contract, they will vote on GWI's and that is it, most do not want a full time job at UPS or think of it as a life long career.

It is very important for every member to vote on the Strike Vote, really no excuse to let it slide. Again both sides will be looking at the participation rate not so much the final results, which generally runs over 90 % for the authorization. Expect a lot of misinformation and fear tactics till this vote comes down, it has worked in the past and I do not believe those tactics will change.

Just from chatter on B/C even some of our veterans are waffling...I do not know the percentage of our actives that were involved in the 1997 one, guessing less than 10 percent. Those are the ones you need to talk to if you want correct information on the current negotiations and what happens if a strike does occur. It would be smart to research what the strike fund does pay and your health coverage coverages if the worst happens, start saving and have an contingence plan, no excuse for being stupid...
You will likely get about the same percentage voting in favor of a strike as last time. It's probably about the same percentage of people that actually realize the contract expires this year.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I'm at $16.65 too, but am getting $19.
IMG_1219.png

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Expect a lot of misinformation and fear tactics till this vote comes down, it has worked in the past and I do not believe those tactics will change.

No misinformation:
You strike, UPS replaces you.

No fear tactics:

Strike Fund:
Won't pay your groceries, cell phone, Cable TV, Insurance...

Good luck.

nWo

My truck payment is $850 monthly. 13.99 interest rate. No big deal. They don't just give the interest rate out to anyone. Will the strike fund help with this?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My truck payment is $850 monthly. 13.99 interest rate. No big deal. They don't just give the interest rate out to anyone. Will the strike fund help with this?
I think your kids' pennies will also help.
Ramen, cabbage and Manager Special Tilapia for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner...

Thebrownblob

No misinformation:

No fear tactics:

Strike Fund:
Won't pay your groceries, cell phone, Cable TV, Insurance...

Good luck.
Replaces us with who? Lol we just had three drivers quit in the last month.

Strike fund was never meant to pay for all those items.

In 1997 we basically had no strike fund and got $55 and I paid union dues out of that lol. Not many people crossed the line.

My local also has a Local strike fund that pays five times your monthly dues. For a regular package car driver that’s over $500 a week. So we will receive two checks.

Teamcare has already informed the joint councils they will cover all striking union members health benefits as well.
Hopefully the company and the union can get together and hammer out a deal and none of this even matters. But pretending the company can just snap their fingers and replace warehouse workers. Package Car Drivers, and pilots with a snap of a finger is a little arrogant.

Thebrownblob

Anyone buying a new truck right now that isn’t actually using it to make money in a business now has lost there mind.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Replaces us with who? Lol we just had three drivers quit in the last month.

Strike fund was never meant to pay for all those items.

In 1997 we basically had no strike fund and got $55 and I paid union dues out of that lol. Not many people crossed the line.

My local also has a Local strike fund that pays five times your monthly dues. For a regular package car driver that’s over $500 a week. So we will receive two checks.

Teamcare has already informed the joint councils they will cover all striking union members health benefits as well.
Hopefully the company and the union can get together and hammer out a deal and none of this even matters. But pretending the company can just snap their fingers and replace warehouse workers. Package Car Drivers, and pilots with a snap of a finger is a little arrogant.
I don’t mean to be arrogant.
I’m just repeating what I’m hearing.
I don’t care. I get paid either way.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No worries. If your second/third mortgage is creeping up on you, just call a relative like me to pay your water and electricity for the month, then put the rest on a credit card.

DELACROIX

Trade it in for a used Honda fit..and pay cash.

You would be better off..trust me…😃

DELACROIX

Why do you care?
I’ve had Y Fever, anthrax, cholera, meningitis, hep a/b, smallpox, etc. do you think I GAF about a Covid shot?

If the 3rds avail, I might get it in my schwantz

Your choice to live in a (third country)…a nasty one currently down south…worst than Ebola..