What was agreed on the new contract regarding Health Insurance?

twoweeled

I would nlli to see them put a freeze on what retirees got to pay.
people are forgetting. The more healthcare goes up for retirees, the longer active employees have to work for the same amount of money when they retire. If monthly retirement pay goes up $160 ish per month a year - then because of this $300 retirees pay. You have to work almost 2 more years to make up that $300 a month paid for healthcare. That used to be $50 a month. If it goes up more. You could be working an extra 3 years for what was the same amount. Maybe more. Hard to explain, but I'm sure others are aware of it.
UPS is a fun place to work, but I don't think it's fun enough to work an extra 2-3 years .

twoweeled

Yeah the Stewards are really pushing the favorable vote HARD. Guess what? This 30 year guy is getting screwed!! If it was a NO before, it's a HELL NO VOTE for sure now!!
The Union's Stewards are pushing a yes vote???? Say it ain't so!!
ofx84.jpg

Satuirus2000

Just google Teamsters Local 89.
It's a joke. "New" language for air conditioned vans and phones for part timers. The only good thing is 60% disability. Short term that is. Had a 33 year gjy post a LONG rant on local 89's Facebook page that got DELETED! All you need to know.
Also PTs who work over 6 hours are entitled to two ten minute breaks now. 6 hrs also got more vacation time too. Plus when PT goes to FT they don't lose their option week for a year. That's the only good stuff I can remember in it off the top of my head.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Also PTs who work over 6 hours are entitled to two ten minute breaks now. 6 hrs also got more vacation time too. Plus when PT goes to FT they don't lose their option week for a year. That's the only good stuff I can remember in it off the top of my head.
Must be a different supplement rule. I kept my optional week when going FT?

Tony Q

Yeah the Stewards are really pushing the favorable vote HARD. Guess what? This 30 year guy is getting screwed!! If it was a NO before, it's a HELL NO VOTE for sure now!!
So the members don’t like the contact that Fred negotiated? I think you have to be in the minority on this one. Fred is a good negotiator. I suggest you re read the new language again.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
So the members don’t like the contact that Fred negotiated? I think you have to be in the minority on this one. Fred is a good negotiator. I suggest you re read the new language again.
NOBODY i have talked to like it and all are voting no. Of course most I talk to are guys like me who have been there a long time. I have read it. Twice. When cell phones for part timers and maintaing a/c in crew vans are touted as big wins, I have no doubt but to dislike it. The disability is the ONLY thing I like. Raises getting lower in relation to the inflation rate. Those new full time jobs are a slap in the face. 5 hours some days and 10 hours other days. Just utterly ridiculous when you consider who we work for.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Must be a different supplement rule. I kept my optional week when going FT?
I lost mine. No offense to part timers, but this has to be good for me as well. Still, these new guys deserve a $15 an hour wage. This isn't McDonalds. Most newbies go straight to the hub or ramp but mostly the hub. I had to go to the sort for 2.5 years when I went full time in '02. That is HARD ass work man.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Anyone that hasn’t done the job in the past few years cannot be the best negotiator they can be. Not trying to be hyper critical but it’s true. I’ll take a current driver negotiating my terms over a guy that drove 30 years ago, on paper, without a DIAD.

Tony Q

NOBODY i have talked to like it and all are voting no. Of course most I talk to are guys like me who have been there a long time. I have read it. Twice. When cell phones for part timers and maintaing a/c in crew vans are touted as big wins, I have no doubt but to dislike it. The disability is the ONLY thing I like. Raises getting lower in relation to the inflation rate. Those new full time jobs are a slap in the face. 5 hours some days and 10 hours other days. Just utterly ridiculous when you consider who we work for.
You really should talk to Fred about these issues before you bash it on this site. Fred is always more than willing to sit down with a member and discuss what you don’t like. He has always been this way and I can’t believe he still isn’t. Give him a chance to explain it to you before you make your choice.

Tony Q

Anyone that hasn’t done the job in the past few years cannot be the best negotiator they can be. Not trying to be hyper critical but it’s true. I’ll take a current driver negotiating my terms over a guy that drove 30 years ago, on paper, without a DIAD.
Fred never worked for UPS but he has many stewards who do on his negotiating committee. To underestimate him because He hasn’t sweated in a UPS facility is a joke. He spends a lot of time in UPS facilities, way more than Sean ever does. He should not be sold short.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
You really should talk to Fred about these issues before you bash it on this site. Fred is always more than willing to sit down with a member and discuss what you don’t like. He has always been this way and I can’t believe he still isn’t. Give him a chance to explain it to you before you make your choice.
Talking to Fred about won't change a thing. Mr Eat Sleep Fish has no power to automatically send them back to the table. That time is coming though. Or it should. After the last contract, it wouldn't matter anyway. It will just be forced on us despite the loud chorus of NOs and BOOs.
So has it come to the point where a disgreement with a deal is "bashing it on this site", or anywhere else? That is so far out of touch with reality it isn't even funny.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Fred never worked for UPS but he has many stewards who do on his negotiating committee. To underestimate him because He hasn’t sweated in a UPS facility is a joke. He spends a lot of time in UPS facilities, way more than Sean ever does. He should not be sold short.
Who is Fred?

Tony Q

Talking to Fred about won't change a thing. Mr Eat Sleep Fish has no power to automatically send them back to the table. That time is coming though. Or it should. After the last contract, it wouldn't matter anyway. It will just be forced on us despite the loud chorus of NOs and BOOs.
So has it come to the point where a disgreement with a deal is "bashing it on this site", or anywhere else? That is so far out of touch with reality it isn't even funny.
No, I just know how much Fred thinks of his deal. He got a good deal and worked very hard on it. I think you are not informed enough. I doubt Fred sold anyone a bad contract and he’s selling this one. Sorry for my choice of words.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
No, I just know how much Fred thinks of his deal. He got a good deal and worked very hard on it. I think you are not informed enough. I doubt Fred sold anyone a bad contract and he’s selling this one. Sorry for my choice of words.
I am not doubting he worked hard and you don't need to apologize. I just flat out dislike this rider and I am not the only one. That's to say nothing of the Master. Supposedly a bump in pension. I am curious to see what that is.

Tony Q

I am not knocking you @Tony Q . You are probably a cool dude. But this contract agreement smells to high heavens.
I will respect your beliefs that it isn’t a good deal, but I know from Fred that it is a good deal. I doubt Fred would sell anything that isn’t a good deal. The man is the president of the IBT minus Canada. I doubt he worked his dick off and then got you a bad deal. There is more to it, I’m sure.